Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
    Doing well today....made all my appointments and the gym too..sleeping better too...
    I think the CD's are helping a lot..
    I love my doggies but I really hate to find the pee puddles with my bare feet..
    Glad we went to hard surface floors...much easier to clean...
    Dianne
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Bellegirl - thanks for checking in and letting us know that you're ok...:l

Blondie - I've thought of you often and I knew that you would not stay away forever...I know deep down you want this - so have been watching for you and wishing you well in my thoughts.

I'm going to sleep and I hope when Mr. Sandman visits tonight he takes this effin head cold with him. I'm sick of it.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - that made me laugh about those pee puddles...and thanks for the feedback on the cd's. Do you have an ipod or iphone?
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know all about the barefoot pee puddles Dottie - I have an 8 month old puppy :H
          Keep going with the CDs, they are awesome

Belle, more hugs to you, we are with you all the way

Hello again to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest!
          Do all the newest newbies know about the free butt velcro & nest belts????
          Use them & stay put

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab I don't have either...I listen with the CD/cassette player I bought Saturday...was using myold portable cd player and was eating batteries..new one plugs into the wall...I listen to the 15 minute hypnosis track 2 and then put on the sleep cd on the other box and let it play and play....
            I have a laptop and an andriod phone and tablet...
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

ooooh my son would be thrilled....loves android. :-) Doesn't like when I even say the "i" words...:H....I missed that you had gotten a cd player that doesn't eat batteries - great!
              ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

Odat, Iama, paulywogg, almost free:

How's everyone doing on their day 1 so far? Did we all survive?

I can't believe I am this close to having my first AF day since forever!,,
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1393208 wrote: Odat, Iama, paulywogg, almost free:

How's everyone doing on their day 1 so far? Did we all survive?

I can't believe I am this close to having my first AF day since forever!,,
                  :woot: :woot: to ya Alcoholic on Day 1!

And :woot: :woot: to Odat, Iama, Paulywogg, Almost Free and everyone else on your day 1's also.

:wd::wd:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shout out to all the Nesters

Evening, Nesters. So many new friends to acknowledge, and sages to thank, I don't know where to start. The advice and encouragement is incredible from all sides. Kuya, thank you in particular for the scientific explanations you have been adding of late. I can really relate to the idea that my body is shifting from hybrid chemistry to food only. And that I made it adapt to the foreign chemical in the first place! Gives me more patience to get through these days.

Anyway, another shout out. Fin, Day 14. I know it's unofficial, but here are two moon from your buddy Cat.

:moon::moon:

And RC, I know Byrdie will do the formal honors, but I found this just for you:

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emo...piper-4226.gif

Catbuddy
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning one and all! day 2 of AF and feeling good. kids were in at around 5am this morning to climb into our bed, i was saying to my husband last night that who were we fooling thinking we could have a bottle of wine and then get 5 hours sleep and function normally. i am starting to accept that change has to happen and am so ready for it, i think my pending 40th on thursday has really made me draw a line in the sand and made me want to change my behaviours! i am in the process of starting a new business and have a meeting with my design team this morning and am so glad that i can like you said FIN look them squarely in the eye and know i am myself and not paranoid - yesterday i was feeling like crap today is a great day and i intend to have more of the same - best of luck everyone today - i will be thinking of you all - i am so glad i found this site it really is helping me, i feel like i have made all these new friends who have nothing but my best interests at heart so thank you!:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

He Everyone,
                        Just checking in before bedtime. Day 1 (the 15th) is now officially over and I'm glad to report that I did not drink today. I had a little shakiness this morning, but overall, I am feeling pretty good and did not have any cravings today, and none of the horrible all-day mental struggles I've been fighting with for days. It was a pretty easy day, and I just feel grateful I didn't drink or even have to struggle with it. Don't know what changed, but I'm so grateful. Hope all the other day ones: paulywogg, alcoholic, iama, odat......(hitting 40 on day 2, and how are you doing merlot?) are doing ok and will check in on the newbiew roll call in the morning. Pleasant dreams everyone. And thanks to everyone else who is on here supporting us and being there for us. Many, many thanks. Bless you all.
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting 40:

Good luck today! I'm also on my day 2... Haven't had that in years. I know it's just the first step seeing many of us starting day 1 many times. But having many day 1s is much better than not having any at all: that's at least one day less of poison to our liver, right?

Good luck to all of us attempting our second day. I'm going out to dinner w a wine drinking friend so I must use extreme caution today.
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all!

Just had a very successful interview. Great company, great career prospects, great people. So now I will see them again on Thursday for a technical interview. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO I hope I get an offer this week.

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi alcoholic and allankey
                              best of luck today alchoholic - try your best today i am sure you can do it.
                              allankey - well done - your great - isnt it a lovely feeling being clear minded!
                              i am just back from a business meeting and am feeling very positive about my new business - fingers crossed

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting 40, the best thing about it is that it gets better and better the more time passes. I love that I don’t have to mask the smell of alcohol with cologne, from the night before, the feeling of anxiety (like going through an interview is not stressful enough).

AK
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X