Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1393824 wrote: Kuya, I've figured out why you are so tired....I think it's your avatar. It's exhausting....Bahahaha. When I read your posts, that little devil just keeps ahopping! I think it makes me read faster....
    Thank you for your medical perspective! I've enjoyed reading what is going on in our bodies that makes us act and feel as we do. The ole body is a fascinating machine, when you let it run like it was meant to....B
    Thanks Byrdie, and while we are doling thanks out, may I extend a big thank you from Newbies old and new to you, Lolab and LAV for your hard work, patience, kindness and consistency.

It is no mean feat to do what you do, day after day after day. Newbies will come and hopefully become sober seniors. Few will show the commitment to help that you have.

As for the fatigue, it is passing off gradually. As to the avatar ......

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1393849 wrote: I am an alcoholic human...I am quite drunk right now. Today was my day 2 and i failed yet again. I hope some day I can live up to you guys that make it through the first week. I hate that I really feel right now that I am not strong enough! That devil in my head always wins and I hate him for that! another drunk evening...thought I was done. this is so hard! and painful and scary!
      It is IAM....... :l
      But when you get there, and you WILL, you will hold on to it tighter because it cost you sooo much effort.

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, your posts are killing me...Lav-Au-Vin!!!! Death by Stella! (sounds like a chocolate dessert) I swear you have some imagination! However, Dick Head is very real. Your re-creation of his personas was spot on. Only someone who has had it can describe it. Amazing that we all know him.

It's kind of funny, that ordinary people do not understand the power of this addiction...ordinary people accept that you are 'cutting down' and 'watching it'...only we who are stuck in it know that you can't slow down a tidal wave. It's a good thing, tho, it makes our excuses easier for them to swallow. Only people who have known Dick know how he thinks and what he's capable of. He's a bitch....

And then there's us!! We are fighting back! We are not disappointed in anyone, because we know what you are up against. It takes some work and it takes some time... you are in the right place...we can help!

Be extra strong tonight nesters....don't give in to Dick Head no matter what and no matter who...all you gotta do is get thru this day...B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, Kuya, thank you for the kind words....I appreciate that very much! I know what it meant to me when I came here....I'm extending the same wing that was extended to me! And so it goes....B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No time to drink

So here I sit on Day 16 - tired from all the work I've done today. Working for the man, cleaning the house, cooking dinner, walking the dogs, doing some laundry, catching up with the family on the phone, etc. I fill up each and every day with activities now. I don't seem to have much time to sit around anymore, which is good. I like being busy.

The question is, how in the world did I get all these things done when I was drinking? Well, I guess I didn't. Or I sort of got them done. I definitely didn't talk to my family as much, my house wasn't nearly this orderly, my dogs were definitely deprived of their morning walks, and I was always on catch-up mode at work.

The way I look at it....

I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO DRINK ANYMORE.

All those wasted hours of drinking / being hungover.

Oh, and my bank account sure is bigger than it was. God I wasted so much money on drinks and tips. WHAT A FECKING WASTE.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say that.

Onward to Day 17!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodness i have so much to say. first of all i love you guys. i have never felt more supported than i do here. yet im drunk again. only day 2 and here i am. i'm confused on how i can actually beat this. at this point i dont think i can. because yet again i'm in the same mess as i always am. other than you guys i have no one on my side. i'm fighting this alone. how can i possibly get through it alone? MWO please help me with my way out of this hell!!!
              One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so confused and scared to quit.
                One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone is enjoying a safe night in the nest. I've had a relaxing day...walk in the woods, workout at gym...good dinner. Finding that eating a good amount of lean protein for lunch helped with cravings immensely as I'm just ending day 2. Hang in there everyone in the beginning. I know from stretches of sobriety in the past that it does get better with time. It just becomes the habit instead of drinking daily was your habit. Peaceful night to all.
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1393900 wrote: I am so confused and scared to quit.
                    IAM ..... See how you KNOW the answer, you are just scared.

' there is nothing to fear but fear itself'.

Fear doesn't hurt, but it IS painful.
                    Fear doesn't talk, but it never shuts up.
                    Fear doesn't walk, but it stops us moving.
                    Fear doesn't breathe, but it suffocates us.

In truth fear is only the child in us not wanting change. When you change, you will look back and realise the fear was only your child wanting to protect you, but you are now the ADULT and beginning to protect the child.

Comment

Newbies Nest

this sucks yet again....drunk again...wtf...failure i am.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey everybody - I''m here...just coughing my fool head off...but all in all, this has been what could have been a doozy of a cold - and I'm coming out of it after about 5 days. It's probably the first time I've really been sick - other than a headache - since being AF - first time not medicating with AL. So I SHOULD bounce back quickly right?! RIGHT! :-)

Thanks for checking in blondie, I can't remember - do you take supplements like L glut? - and kuya - thanks for the very kind words. Don't forget about kuya in that list! Your posts are so informative and helpful. It's funny - people are drawn to certain personalities..and I think we have a nice variety here right now - a smorgasbord or personalities to help everybody out, right? :-)

iamaquitter - are you still drinking? Those awful feelings are just going to continue and get even worse if you keep going. You should pour any that's left - down the drain - and get something to eat and drink some water....take some supplements before bed. You'll already feel angry at yourself tomorrow, but maybe you can avoid the physical - feeling awful but only if you stop now....:l Get some rest tonight and let's tackle this again tomorrow, OK?

Sleep tight everybody.
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Very busy day & granny Lav is too tired to read through the whole day of posts......

Rooni, I thought you were talking about me in your post - I said the same exact things when I finally worked up the courage, took the leap & landed safely in sobriety. Keep it up

Iamaquitter - STOP drinking right now! Dump out whatever you have left in your house, drink some water & just go to bed. Tomorrow is another day to start over. No one can do this for you - you are in complete charge of the rest of your life, make it good!
                          What's your plan?
                          Have you read the MWO book & looked through the Tool box?
                          You can't wish this problem away, you have to make it go away.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it through our set without a drop of AL tonight. Shit yeah. It can be done.

IAMQuiter, take it easy on yourself. You'll get there. I'll be thinking about you tonight sending good vides, etc. "See" you tomorrow, okay?
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Fin, I remember when you started ....you are a different man now. Hats off to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning Nesters,

Hope you all had a sound sleep wherever you are on planet earth. My flatmate rolled in with a very drunken friend at 1pm, waking me up with his drunken hollering. Man, that shit makes me a moody b******d.

Fin - :wd: on getting through the set without a drop of AL. Did you find it easier or harder than expected? I've found at social events a mix of reactions from me from, "I don't feel the need for AL AT ALL and am enjoying this night perfectly" to "This night would help with a beer" to realising that ACTUALLY i am at a night out more out of obligation rather than desire and that I drank because it staved off the boredom. With the latter, I just don't stay as long - show face, do the support thing, say hi - then shoot not too long after.

I'm not missing out on anything cos i didn't actually have much desire to be there in the first place. Amazing what being sober makes you aware of!

Day 31... here we go.

RC

Comment

Working...
                                X