Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Like the sex analogy.

Right guys, i'm off to do a tri tonight and see if what Allan says is true, cos dang, if i'm getting it any other way...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and WELL DONE ALLAN! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Nae bad, nae bad at a'

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 31 in the Big Sober House

It's day 31 in the Big Sober House. The housemates are all dispersed in different places. Some our out at work. Some are reading in the living room. Some are raiding the fridge. Some are tending to the garden, which, depending on what part of planet earth you come from will either be a sodden flooded garden, or a delightful balmy garden, perfect for ice-cream soda's. Some are in the diary room teasing Big Sober...

BIG SOBER: Hello Pug, Chi, King Charlie, oh and who's this little fella here then?

LITTLE FELLA: Woof.

BIG SOBER: Yes, woof. So, what's your name?

LITTLE FELLA: Woof.

BIG SOBER: Haha...yes... dogs go 'woof!' But what's you name?

LITTLE FELLA: Woof

BIG SOBER: Pug, what;s the little fella's name?

PUG: Woof

BIG SOBER: It's woof?

PUG: Wooooooooof

BIG SOBER: Woooooooof?

PUG: WUF!

BIG SOBER: Chi, is it Woof?

CHI: Wuf Wuf Wuf Wuf.

BIG SOBER: Guys, if you're just going to woof at me, then you might as well get out. Charlie, what's this one's name?

KC: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BIG SOBER: Oh for the love of god, please the four of you would you just -

CHI/KC: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LITTLE FELLA: Woof!

PUG/KC: Woofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoof.... Woof?

CHI: Wruf,wruf,wruf!!!! Grrrrr....woooof?

KC: Wiff

Pug, Chi and the Little Fella look at Charlie...

CHI: Wiff?

PUG: Wiff?

LITTLE FELLA: Wiff? Wuff a wiff?

KC: Wuff a wif?! WUFF A WIFF??? A wif a woof... WOOF! WUUUUOOOF.

PUG/CHI: WUUF!!

LITTLE FELLA: AAaaaarrrrggggggggrrrrrrrrr awoofwoofwoof... woofgggggrrrrraaaawoofwoofwoofwoof.

BIG SOBER: GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY DIARY ROOM! NOW!

The dogs paddle out

KC: Hehehehe

PUG: Grumpy ol' bastard.

LITTLE FELLA: Woof!

PUG: You can stop pretending you speak woofian, fella.

LITTLE FELLA: Woof - Sorry. Sorry, just habit y'know. Woof.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think sobriety has done something to my sanity...

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys just wanted to say hitting the sack here its 9.21pm and will wake up tomorrow to a very clear headed and sober 40th birthday - thanks for all the support - i love this site x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Allan & RC - you two are wearing me out talking a triathlons :H :H
              Very happy for you successes!

hitting40 - I'll bring you a BD cake tomorrow

Iama - here's the instructions for using L-Glut (copied from the Health store here on the site)

L-Glutamine: Helps Curb the Craving!

Excessive alcohol consumption inhibits the synthesis and absorption of L-glutamine, which serves many critical functions. This powerful amino acid has been proven effective in double blind clinical trials to reduce cravings for alcohol. It is utilized as a brain food and energy source. Stores of L-Glutamine are depleted during times of high stress, and supplementation has been shown to reduce anxiety. L-Glutamine helps eliminate aggressive sugar and carbohydrate craving that many individuals experience during early alcohol withdrawal. (Alcohol is nearly biochemically identical to sugar.)

2,000 mg. of L-Glutamine, divided daily, is recommended to decrease the craving for alcohol. Many inpatient centers use higher doses--up to three or four times as much--when treating their clients. Numerous studies have documented that glutamine is well tolerated and has limited or no side effects unless used in massive doses.

L-Glutamine may be taken on a daily basis, or kept on hand to manage "craving emergencies" in which the powder from half a 1,000 capsule is poured directly under the tongue.

Recommended dose: 1-3 capsules per day, preferably between meals.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

I didn't use L-Glut myself but it makes sense to me to take it on a regular basis (at least for a while) then take extra for sudden cravings as needed.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes, I think we're all set with the woofs, Running Courage.... just saying

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you very much Lavande! Appreciate the help.
                  One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC...we all wuff your stories! I have a fear of being called to the Diary Room. In my mind, it's a dark, wood panaled room with dark green velvet curtains with gold fringe...like the ones Carol Burnett saw in the window with her Scarlett skit.

Hitting 40! Happy birthday. I wish I'd gotten sober at 40. Dang. Better late than never! Hope you have a big day! A Big Sober Day!

Allan...sex 5 times, huh? I'm trying to think back in the achrives...nope. I can't come up with a single episode of a 5'er......no, just not there. I am jealous of your zeal....

Ima...so good to see you! I've been thinking of you all day. I am pulling for you!

Hey Caper!!!!

Have a safe, sober night everyone. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Allan,
                      Just wanted to jump in and wish you luck on your interview tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you and sending all the good vibes we can muster your way. Let us all know how things went. Good luck!
                      AF since 12/2/12
                      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Allan,
                        Just wanted to jump in and wish you luck on your interview tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you and sending all the good vibes we can muster your way. Let us all know how things went. Good luck!
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

what the........?!? guess I double clicked.
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Happy Wednesday evening. Just a quick fly in to say goodnight. I'm off to Bedforeshire for some much needed rest after a busy day. Glad my week's vacation is coming up next week. In the meantime, gotta catch some zzz's for another busy day at work tomorrow. Glad I will be waking up sober for it though . Peace out.
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck Allan on your interview!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy bday hitting 40!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X