Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm going to bed early to avoid drinking. That's my coping mechanism. A bit sad, huh?!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HUMOR this evening

This is offfered to lighten everyone's load a moment.

I'm having a god-awful week at work, and at the edge of my nerves. My son Daniel was wearing at me with requests to go to friends' houses. Mommy lost it a bit, never yelled, but definitely was a poster child for "mommy on the verge." Daniel sat down to dinner on the edge of his seat.

Two small background points to understand dinner: 1) I am an accomplished cook, (went to cooking school, married a chef, etc) and my son loves to eat, and 2) in a fit of week 1 AF poor judgement, I bought 30 lbs of meat. I am dutifully cooking it, although the pork chops are way too thinly cut. Long story short, I BOTCHED the meat. Daniel quietly took some, said nothing; I ate a piece, and said, this is terrible. He said brightly, let's try some salt! So we did. Still terrible. I decided to cut up my piece and give it to the dog, King Charlie. KC took a piece, attempted to chew it, COULD NOT GET THROUGH IT, and dropped it. KC looked at me in puzzlement. Daniel and I started laughing, the tension broke, and he asked if he could tell his friends about my terrible dinner at school. uch:

So, on Day 16 AF, I can't even cook for a dog.

Catbuddy
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love Soda Stream

Fin;1394338 wrote: What's been working for me on the sweets / sugar front are a couple of cranrasberry + soda water "cocktails" over ice in my favorite glass. I go 1/2 and 1/2. I bought one of those soda stream machines and man, it's awesome -- highly recommended substitute especially for us beer quaff'ers.

Soda Stream: Sodastream | Turn Water Into Fresh Sparkling Water And Soda
        I love, love, love my soda stream. Best appliance since the microwave. People think I own stock in the company based on how much I praise it. Fin, I drink several bottles of soda water a night now instead of wine with dinner. Loving the guilt free indulgence, and

** It is there for you whevever you want it!!!!:wd:

How great is that. Seriously, if anyone is looking for a way to feel less deprived and have a special indulgence, this is one to consider.

Catbuddy
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

hitting40;1394464 wrote: hi guys just wanted to say hitting the sack here its 9.21pm and will wake up tomorrow to a very clear headed and sober 40th birthday - thanks for all the support - i love this site x
          CONGRATULATIONS! I haven't had a sober birthday in decades. That is an amazing gift to yourself! And Happy Birthday. :bday2:

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

yeh! happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me:-) god i am up its 5.00am and i have a lovely clear head. came downstairs and my hubby has all decorations around the place to surprise me when i get up - problem is now that i am alcohol free i am up before everyone else. the good news is i am starting a new business in baby bedding and sleeping apparrell and was missing one final piece of the jigsaw in my line of products and low and behold with a few days of clear thinking i came across the missing piece last night. so happy that i woke up thinking about it about an hour ago and decided to get up and start putting my notes together.
            allan - best of luck with the interview you sound like your on track with everything
            kuya thanks for all the info re supplements i am slowly building up a large store of them in my kitchen i think the kids think i am being a meany and not sharing my "sweets".
            byrdie - i can't believe it myself that i woke up 2day without having a drop of wine, funny i thought about it breifly last night and my husband was like "no" we dont want any and i said no i am just thinking about it but dont want it let's watch a movie which we did.

today is a good day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Buffday Hitting40!

Have awesome day!

:bday3:

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks a million Running courage!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

A very happy birthday, H40, you just gave yourself the BEST birthday present.

Well done, have a wonderful day.

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1394605 wrote: This is offfered to lighten everyone's load a moment.

So, on Day 16 AF, I can't even cook for a dog.

Catbuddy
                    ROFL .. Cat. Keep your humour and you will keep your sobriety, I reckon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy bday hitting 40 sober!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok. Made it easily through the second day 1. Now will try day 2 again. Don't anticipate any problems coming up. I have 9 books to keep me entertained. And although my husband bought lots of wine this weekend, I am not even tempted to touch any. He always tells me I drink too much but when I told him this weekend I was quitting, he said, "why? Do you drink that much?" Huh?!!!!
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday Hitting40! Hope you have a wonderful day!!! I just turned 40 in August and I must say, it's not that bad...it's what you make of it! I am looking forward to the next decade of my life, my new sober life, free from the burdens and prison of addiction and free to make my life better and better with each passing day. I wish the best for you! Enjoy yourself!

To everyone else, make it a super AF day! Off for a busy day at work and then the gym. Then home to the chicken I just put in the crockpot...yum!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting40, a big congratulations to you!!! I am really excited about your business. When you know more please do share on here.

AK
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes. I don’t want to sound cocky or anything but I think I aced the technical interview. I also heard the sweetest words "When could you potentially start"? I was informed that at this stage there are two more candidates in the race but I feel very confident that I will get an offer tomorrow.

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I don’t know much about endorphins but the feeling I get after intensive exercise is very much compatible to the way I feel after XXX. Maybe I am just weird but a lot of girls told me that they feel the same way after eating chocolate.

ALLAN
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X