Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 6..... Feeling pretty good although that tiredness that settles in where you can't seem to get enough sleep has settled in. Also my thinking is a little scattered. Hard to focus in on any one job which isn't good since I do have a job to do. But I am not hungover, I AM STILL SOBER!

Allankay - way to go on the interview. I'm really praying for you to get that job and sounds good.

Iama - I hope you are hanging in here with us.

Good Sober Day to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DB, thank you very much. I am cheering for you. 1 more day and you get your moon
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

WTG Allan, really hope you get the job, you really deserve it and it will fit in so well with the next stage of sobriety....... Change.

Been thinking a lot today about the different way peeps deal with stuff and I honestly think it can boil down to this ....... If change excites you sobriety is easier, if it frightens you then it is hard.

Just a thought.

Did someone mention memory and forgetfulness. Was a big problem for me till the last couple of days. Brain fog and memory. I use phosphatidyl and for brain fog L. Glutamine. But if you use nothing it will go in due course.

It is just your brain having to run on different fuel and therefore rewire a few things. DON'T WORRY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dogwood Blossom;1394735 wrote: Day 6..... Feeling pretty good although that tiredness that settles in where you can't seem to get enough sleep has settled in. Also my thinking is a little scattered. Hard to focus in on any one job which isn't good since I do have a job to do. But I am not hungover, I AM STILL SOBER!

Allankay - way to go on the interview. I'm really praying for you to get that job and sounds good.

Iama - I hope you are hanging in here with us.

Good Sober Day to all.
          Sorry 'twas you Dogwood. Most of us have jobs, I made a habit the last few weeks to write notes to remind myself. That way I wasn't distressed. It will pass and panicking will make it worse. Just accept it like you would accept functioning under par if you had flu.

Don't let ANY symptom kid you that a drink would help ... It won't

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Great job on the interview Allan! Hope the job is yours

Greetings Dogwood, Kuya & everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HITTING 40!!!!:goodtime: Sober birthdays rock!!!:rockband:

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Allan on the interview, I'm rooting for you!!!

Hitting40: A VERY HAPPY SOBER BIRTHDAY to you! Just think you'll remember your special day tomorrow

Kuya and Dogwood: I again didn't sleep well last night even after taking 500mg of Tryptophan and 10mg of melatonin. I was up off and on until about 3am. Finally after that I fell asleep and slept pretty well. I have my husband on board with me this time and we've already discussed that no matter how bad my night of sleep was last night that it will only get better with passing time. I am sticking to my guns this time! Day 2, bring it on!!!

Alcoholic: I don't think it's pathetic at all that you go to bed early to keep yourself from drinking. If I didn't have a 4 year old I'd seriously go to bed at 6:30 if I could. I did when I was pregnant, LOL. Do what ever it is you have to do to keep sober!!!

Love all you guys and thanks for everyones words of encouragement these last couple days! LETS DO THIS!!! Have an awesome day everyone! I feel GREAT!
              One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

cat loved the story....I can relate. And I can relate to the kid trying to lighten things up...I've got one of those, too.....:h

Allan, thinking of you - and hitting 40 - Happy Birthday! As I approached 40 - I thought it was AWFUL. I thought I was getting so old....now as I'm approaching 50, and I still feel like 30 - I don't really care.

I really really really have to get a bunch of stuff done this morning. Not just for me - for someone who needs some help - so I'm signing off!

Talk to ya later!
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1394753 wrote: Congrats Allan on the interview, I'm rooting for you!!!

Hitting40: A VERY HAPPY SOBER BIRTHDAY to you! Just think you'll remember your special day tomorrow

Kuya and Dogwood: I again didn't sleep well last night even after taking 500mg of Tryptophan and 10mg of melatonin. I was up off and on until about 3am. Finally after that I fell asleep and slept pretty well. I have my husband on board with me this time and we've already discussed that no matter how bad my night of sleep was last night that it will only get better with passing time. I am sticking to my guns this time! Day 2, bring it on!!!

Alcoholic: I don't think it's pathetic at all that you go to bed early to keep yourself from drinking. If I didn't have a 4 year old I'd seriously go to bed at 6:30 if I could. I did when I was pregnant, LOL. Do what ever it is you have to do to keep sober!!!

Love all you guys and thanks for everyones words of encouragement these last couple days! LETS DO THIS!!! Have an awesome day everyone! I feel GREAT!
                  Glad you got the supps.!

Without tryptophan and melatonin I could go to bed at 10pm exhausted and still be awake at 6am. It will take time to retrain. Take them tonight then test it by not taking them Friday night. Once you can see the difference you will relax quicker and they will work quicker.

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Really bad day at work...my manger is such a PIA....trying to hang in for a while longer but keep thinking that I should just leave and look for something else....with folks that appreciate a good job.....
                    Couldn't sleep at all last night..so mad about stuff that happened yesterday...she treats me differently and HR is NO help.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

For those of you who ordered supplements/CDs, how long did it take to receive them? I ordered USPS priority box last Friday and thought I would have the item by now. Can't wait to get started! Thanks in advance.
                      http://baclofentreatment.com/
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, that sucks. Look for a new job, where people appreciate your work. When you find it, you can proudly stick your notice in your manager’s face.

AK
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom2JTx3;1394791 wrote: For those of you who ordered supplements/CDs, how long did it take to receive them? I ordered USPS priority box last Friday and thought I would have the item by now. Can't wait to get started! Thanks in advance.
                          I hope some other recovering alcoholic hasnt stolen it :H

You should get it soon.

AK
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie: job market is hard out there now so start looking and quit once you find job. Employers are still more likely to hire someone's still working another job. Good luck!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2: Feeling pretty good!!! Work going well but stressful lately. Family healthy. All I have to do is focus on getting my liver more healthy!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Bday- Hitting 40. :bday3: Sounds like it has started out well and I hope it is the beginning of the best year ever! I am like Byrdie- I wish I had gotten sober at 40!

Lav- thanks for the L-glut info. Maybe I should try it again. How's the costume battle going?

Cat- AWW, what a story! Really, though, it doesn’t seem as though You botched ANYthing. Sounds like the meat was botched when you bought it- (Hope the other 29 pounds isn’t like that- what a rip off). And it sounds like you and your son had a nice dinner in spite of it all.

Allan (aka Ironman) - awesome news about the interview- keeping fingers crossed

Dogwood- sorry about the sleep issue- I know it’s hard to concentrate with little sleep. Honestly, I can’t concentrate on anything and I get PLENTY of sleep. What I do is just keep changing tasks. It really helps. I work on a piece of one job until I get bored with it and then work on another job for a while. Good luck!

Kuya- I never really thought about:
                                “....... If change excites you sobriety is easier, if it frightens you then it is hard.”

I hate change and about the only thing that excited me over the past few decades was my daily change from a sober person to a drunk person- and that was real exciting - til the next day. :upset:
                                I have heard it before, and now it makes sense- change is just plain scary to me. Even the changes I am making now, even though I know they are positive ones, necessary ones are still SCARY! You have helped me realize what I am afraid of and that is failure. I am afraid I will screw up again- and I can’t even get excited about being on “day 18” this time. Wow. This is good information about myself. I will give this some more thought. Thank you!

Ima- good job on sticking with us! I am sorry I have no help for those of you who can’t sleep. I sleep like a baby when I am not drinking. I go to bed early and generally sleep through the night. LOVE IT! No 3:00 a.m. visits from the GSR brothers!

Dottie- hey girl- so sorry to hear about your work problems- no one deserves to be treated poorly at work (or anyplace else). Sounds to me like your boss has some security issues. Maybe she is jealous of your abilities and is trying to make you look bad so she will somehow appear better than she is? Dr. Star speaking hear(Ha). Well if you are in a position in which you could change jobs, maybe that would be a good thing! Anywhoo, thanks for sticking with me on the days! You, Roonie and I (3 Amigos :thumbs:-eh?)
                                Hello to everyone else! Have a wonderful day!

Love, Star
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X