Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all!!
    Hitting40, Happy B-Day! Here's to at least 40 more sober years! P.S. Enjoy your bladder while you are young, it turns on you in 10 years. ehehehe...just kidding (not really )

Dottie, I worked for a lady who was just like Judge Judy. She could chew me up and spit me out (much like Cat's Pork Chops)....it's was awful and I endured it for 5 years until she was fired. THAT was a good day. It's just a matter of time before HR hears all they care to hear about that person. I hope you will find peace, wherever it lies. I wouldn't wish a bad boss on anyone. You never know 'who' you are walking up to...the Bitc_ or the Really Bad Bitc_! Karma is an awesome thing, she will get hers... I teasingly said that she drove into work on a broom. Oy.

Allan...I am stoked for you with the new job! Those are pretty encouraging words there! I'm still reeling over the 5 times comment....(I guess I should leave that alone and start a new thread...30 seconds of bliss....BAH!)

Kuya, you've set me to thinking....I don't like change and I had one heck of a time quitting...All I wanted to do was to go back to 'normal'....which of course was drinking to oblivion and passing out. Change was hard for me....NOW I kind of like it! I find it exciting! Just to see what else is out there!! Thanks for shining a light on that perspective....I want to think about it some more.

Glad to see everyone hanging in there....I wish there were awards on TV for what we are going thru...it is HARD to do. Each and every one of us deserves a pat on the back for stepping up to the plate.

Caper, have you seen Fin's roll call list on another thread? I need to go over and look at it today, Lola's right, it's got a life of its own!!! I'm so proud of you...

Stay strong today....don't let the ______ get you down! Whoever they are!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!!!

I guess yesterday was the bad day, which means today will be the good one...right Byrdie? I had a bit of a fender bender, well ok, it literally bent my fender. Turns out I don't have collision insurance, only liability, so I'm stuck with a crooked, deflated bumper for a while. The good news is, I normally avoid people with dents in their car, so maybe people will do the same to me (?) Funny how things just aren't that important to me sober, yeah it sucks and I hate that it happened, but it did and it's not the end of the world. Maybe some hunky guy will notice it and offer to help me fix it? (Ok now I'm really dreaming. LOL)

Dottie - Sorry your job sucks, mine does too...I'm SUPER bored and I hate that!!! I'm always looking for another job, keeping my eyes and ears open. I've found that when I'm already employed, I am more likely to be offered another job. It's like employers can smell deperation, and when you don't have it, you're quite appealing....so hang in there until you get something else secured...just my 2cents of course!

Well I guess I better go at least "look" busy, much as I can't stand my job, I do kinda need it! LOL

Hang in there everyone...and Happy Bday Almost40...I'm right behind you...tomorrow! Thank goodness I'll ony be 27 though (J/K...I'll be *gulp* 4-0 also!)

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Smashed

Hey, have any of you guys seen this Sundance film, "Smashed"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv48b4cpLCA[/video]]Smashed - Trailer - YouTube

The movie centers on the relational struggle of a young couple as they come to grips with their lifestyle of alcohol abuse. Tension builds as they each must choose what their relationship with alcohol will look like.

Has anyone seen it? Did you like it? If you haven't seen it yet are you planning to?
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin,

That looks like a great film, not seen it but will defo watch some great actors in there. Quite appt for us guys eh? Xx
          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
          Day by day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin, that movie DOES sound interesting! I think that I would like to see it alone as odd as that sounds. My struggle has been intensely personal except for here, my hubs is the only other person in real life that knows the depth of it. It would be interesting to watch it with the NESTERS!! Oh how we could relate to the well-meaning neighbor who invites us in for bloody maries! I will keep my eye out for this one...maybe we could have a 'book club' discussion about it...I may start another thread!! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

With everything going on in Hollywood land in the tabloids maybe there will be more movies along these lines.

One of all time favorites is 'When a Man Loves a Woman'. You can watch the segments on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2xcvb0jBc[/video]]WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN (1994) Part 1 - YouTube

Another alcoholic movie is 28 Days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGaRmYj0wY[/video]]28 Days Trailer - YouTube
              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay - I watched 28 days. It was a good movie. A little fluffy but much of it was straight on. Sad, funny, the whole gamut. I was a little closer to that crazy when I was young. Now when I am drinking, I'm more like a hermit. Afraid someone will know or I'll do something stupid in public, so I keep "crazy" at home. Today is Day 6 for me. Feeling good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - That looks like a good movie. Where can we get it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom2JTx3;1394791 wrote: For those of you who ordered supplements/CDs, how long did it take to receive them? I ordered USPS priority box last Friday and thought I would have the item by now. Can't wait to get started! Thanks in advance.
                    Can be slow and variable. I wait about 2 weeks for stuff from the states to NZ

Comment

Newbies Nest

I loved 28 days. I love movies period!
                      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've got love, I've got sobriety, I've got a job, I've got a home and a cat, I've got my health, my looks, my intellect, my (extremely expensive) education...how come with all of that, it's so easy for money to get me down?

Student loans, taxes, finding out that there's a penalty for applying for my business license late, birthday presents for loved ones, the supplements I take to aid my detox...I have $70,000 in debt and $43 dollars in my bank account to last for almost two weeks!

I'm considering taking a second job, but due to the fact that my first job is during business hours, it will almost certainly have to be a restaurant job. Working in the service industry has ALWAYS been the biggest driver to drunkenness for me. Maybe if I have the Nest, that won't happen this time...

Ugh! Money stress, PMS, and staring down the barrel of my biggest trigger are trying to destroy me today!

Parents, don't let your children take out the max student loans each year. As soon as I pay this crap off, I am saving for my future child's education.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Those other movies are good, but very female. That said, I do remember really liking WAMLAW. Like that one opening bar scene where she's the life of the party and then the stark contrast of the real person when sober. That was me.

Anway, Sober just released so it'll be in the smaller artsy movie theaters -- I would guess. When I find it, I'll let you know.
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dogwood and Stumpy

Yes, I enjoyed 28 days as well. I wish I could say the same Dogwood. I'm not her age and I earned the nicknames, pistol and wild thing both in youth and in these current years. Although men find it much more unacceptable for a woman to behave in such a manner, I rebelled against that concept. If they can, I can too! In fact, I would challenge them to a drinking duel. I'd still be standing, but oh lord, the ramifications!!!! It seemed fun until it wasn't any longer. I felt for the longest time that if I stopped drinking I would be boring and no fun any longer. Yeah, well today, I think there are some people who are happy to see some boring! The others have to go.

Stumpy, I love movies, too!

Try watching 'When A Man Loves A Woman', if you haven't. It's very good. There are some scenes within the movie that really reveal our internal struggles and mind conflicts. I so related to her line, I'm afraid I will be boring, along with other parts.

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

limonada, have you thought about working in a hospital on weekends? Nursing home? grocery store? LOL there are other places to work besides the booze industry. Just my two pennies. I love your name.
                              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I may watch broke back mountain tonight lol. yep.
                                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
                                X