Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

limonada;1395016 wrote: I've got love, I've got sobriety, I've got a job, I've got a home and a cat, I've got my health, my looks, my intellect, my (extremely expensive) education...how come with all of that, it's so easy for money to get me down?
    Limonada, I think money is right up there with death of a loved one and divorce. Your tight financial situation would make anyone stressed. Of course it gets you down - please don't feel bad about that. I wish we could all win the lottery and split the proceeds; all I can offer is that you shouldn't beat yourself up over being stressed by it.

You know how so many folks say AL is a poison? Well, adrenaline from stress acts on our bodies, too. I have positively ill and been horrible to be around all week due to stress. And missing my wine to diffuse the stress. So, hot bath??? really, that's what did it for me last night. And I finally had time to take a hike today. Tired old advice, right? But find something to help relieve the stress. Regardless of avoiding AL, you need to take that tension down.

And hikes and hot baths - relatively free!

Catbuddy

PS - You posted on Newbies Thread that you are cleaning up messes from prior life. Me too!!!!!!! You are not alone. I am in such a deep hole in many areas that it will take me months to climb out, to attend to all the things I let slide while I slept away my days. So you are not alone.
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1395017 wrote: Those other movies are good, but very female. That said, I do remember really liking WAMLAW. Like that one opening bar scene where she's the life of the party and then the stark contrast of the real person when sober. That was me.

Anway, Sober just released so it'll be in the smaller artsy movie theaters -- I would guess. When I find it, I'll let you know.
      With WAMLAW, it shows how it effects her family life and her husband. The whole marital struggle due to the use of her alcohol and she was one to hide it. I think some people on these boards can relate to how she would sneak the alcohol. It does so make you into another person. I don't think everyone understands that. I've heard people say it reveals the real you. Well, maybe they ought to do some research on how it changes the brain chemistry and how poisons effect people.

Thanks for the movie alert. Also, love your newbie roll call. It keeps everyone logged nice and neatly. Didn't have that on my first 30.
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I survived the rotten day at work and the drive home without stopping at the deli for wine....couldnt get to the gym...dh let his drivers license expire so I had to drive him there...asked him that a month ago before his birthday....oh well it is ok now..
        Lots to do this weekend so should be OK. Over half way to 30 days... a little scary I must say......
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

18 have answered our Roll Call today. Do I hear 20...? Someone gimme 20.
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 32 in the Big Sober House

Day 32. It's ten thirty pm. Fin, Slay and Stumpy are sitting in the living room staring at video camera on the table. Big Sober has asked them to make a movie.

FIN: We gotta make a movie

SLAY: So what we gonna make a movie about?

STUMPY: Sobriety?

SLAY: Nah. Too obvious.

STUMPY: Being smashed?

FIN: Been done.

STUMPY: Boy meets girl, they fall in love, have sprogs, he dies, she cries, she dies, the end.

SLAY: Eh... bit cliched. Shakespeare done that.

FIN: Apart from the sprogs bit.

SLAY: Yes, apart from the sprogs bit.

STUMPY: Eh... "a day in the life of Stella chook"

SLAY: Make a movie about a drunken chicken? Get out of here.

FIN: Original...

STUMPY: Ok. Eh... Total Recall

FIN: They've just remade it -

STUMPY: I know, but this will be the sequel: Totally Recall Last Night

SLAY: Hmmmm.... like what you're doing there...

FIN: So what's the plot?

STUMPY: The plot?

FIN: Yes. "The Plot"

STUMPY: Well... eh... Well, part 1, there is a party and part 2, there are those at the party who were sober who totally recall it to the camera the following morning.

SLAY: Riveting Stumpy... really, really... riveting....

STUMPY: The Dog Whisperer? Chicken Run?

FIN: No, Stumpy, no.

Limonada sits down by them

LIMONADA: Whatcha doin?

FIN: Trying to come up with a title for a movie.

LIMONADA: What's it about.

FIN: We don't know.

LIMONADA: So how can you come up with a title for it?

STUMPY: Oh yeah...

SLAY: Any suggestions, Limonada?

LIMONADA: Yes, one.

FIN: Uh-huh?

LIMONADA: "Sleeping with devils".

STUMPY: Ooooh....

LIMONADA: And it has a sequel, a working title.

SLAY: Oh yeah?

LIMONADA: "Waking with angels".

FIN: Nice. OK, so what's it about Limonada?

LIMONADA: It's a metaphor: nighttime is often when we succumb to our vices - booze, fags, drugs. The devils come out at night, we are so attracted to go play with them... Yet the mornings are filled with good intentions, virtuous thoughts of not succumbing to the devils advances.

FIN: Guys, i think we got ourselves the premise for a movie. Let's go see who all wants to be in it.

And so they go in search of the Big Sober Houses movie stars who will star in the 2013 Oscar winning
            Sleeping with Devils and Waking with Angels...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1395036 wrote: 18 have answered our Roll Call today. Do I hear 20...? Someone gimme 20.
              :yes2:
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC! I would like to audition for the movie...where is the casting couch, er, I mean the audition room?
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola I like that you posted days rather than 1 year.

You are kicking ass - Miss soon to be a Senior Member of MWO.

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 32 cont'd

K9 has heard about the movie some of the other housemates are looking to make

K9: FIN! I wanna be in the movie.

FIN: That's great K -

K9: Look - I've got this look here, like it? And this look, and this one and this one. Oh and this is my pout. You like that yeah? And i'm great at accents, any accent, name one, and I'll be that accent. And i can do "woe me", look, look, this is my Scarlet O'Hara impression.

K9 swoons

FIN: Very good K9 -

K9: Am i in -

SLAY: Casting couch is in the audition room.

K9: Audition room?

STUMPY: The Diary Room.

K9: Ooooh. Cosy.... eh... shall i go there just now...?

FIN: Yes, K9. We'll be along shortly.

So K9, with a gleaming smile of anticipation, enters the Diary Room to await her audition...

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Allan! I discovered the super sober Sunday Shout out thread has a link to a counter on it - you enter your start date and todays date and it tells you the days...the 1 year thing was getting repetitive...:-)

K9 -:rofl2:

here ya go!:sofa:

nice pout...

I hope everybody's feeling strong tonight?!? I am very tired...been cooking and running around today - the cold is just about out of my body - one week. a little coughing is left over but not bad.

yeah that resisting change stuff is interesting!!!!!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I CAN'T WAIT to see what happens next....
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters...just wanted to pop in to say that my biopsy proved to be benign. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers of support. There is still an outstanding issue but apparently the insurance company doesn't think so, and I will have to be a squeaky wheel to get them to approve of an MRI. I'm feeling mostly better about it all now.

The best part is that I have made it through this crisis AF. There were times when I would say "why not drink...live it up while you can!". But that was just Dick Head talking (thanks Byrdie) and I don't listen much to him any more.

Even when curve balls are thrown...life really is better without the alcohol. My husband has been on a margarita kick lately, but that means just 1 drink over the course of a week or 2. Lame. I don't know why, but it really does not bother me. All I have to do is think about that fuzzy head, and where it would lead me and I stay away from it. Coming to MWO was the best move i have ever made.
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I vote for Chicken Run starring
                            Stella Chook
                            :H :H
                            But she won't do auditions :H

I hope everyone has a safe night in the nest!
                            More rain on the way in these parts - wet chickens smell gross

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post Belle - Congrats on the good news :l
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

wet chickens smell gross :H:H

Belle, I was thinking about you today as the week winds down - I am so glad you let us know and so glad you are feeling better! Now I'll mention the contributive factor that alcohol can have towards cancer and I believe breast cancer in particular...that's # 3,897 in the list of reasons to not drink. Any doubts that we are all doing something great by becoming aware of what we were doing to ourselves...and by stopping the madness????:no:

Sleep tight nesters...tomorrow's Friday. There's a test ahead for me this weekend but only because I have to actually go out in public...:H I'm already thinking ahead - to plan my night out so that I"m not caught off guard.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X