Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:bedtime:Ok Nesters, I am sober and so sleepy I can't hold my eyes open! Awesome! I don't want to waste this feeling, so I bid you all a Good Night full of nothing but peaceful sleep and sweet dreams. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm thinking of a plan for me. Something's got to give.. and I know I can do this.. I just feel stuck.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beer lover:
        Hope you find your plan... There are so many great ideas here. There's gotta be one that will work for you!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BeerLover;1395186 wrote: I'm thinking of a plan for me. Something's got to give.. and I know I can do this.. I just feel stuck.
          Go to the tool box, lots of plans and ideas there.

And welcome Beerlover

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle!

That is good news :l to you. And good job in staying the course and not using it as an excuse to imbibe Richard Head's "live it up while you can" advice. Rootin, tootin good stuff all round :

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: BeerLover - take Kuya's advice - hit the toolbox. I've started a folder on my computer where i cut and paste the parts/tool I feel are best for me. Some folks print out inspiring posts too... And keep posting and reading. It all helps. See you about.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Just having a quick check-in before bed tonight. Belle, what a huge relief! I?m VERY happy to hear your good news. Yippee! I know there?s lots of new research on the effects of long-term alcohol use and breast cancer but I have to admit it?s one thing I actually avoid reading about because it?s so scary. I can?t change what I did to myself for all those years but am so grateful to have shut down that damn ?Richard Head" voice for once and for all -- or at least for the time being. ;-)

Fin -- thanks for the link to the preview. That looks like a movie that I (and many here) will easily relate to. My husband and I met in a bar when I was 22. I was the bartender, he was a customer and our whole relationship revolved around getting smashed. (At least my side of the relationship -- he?s one of those that can stop at will.) It?s amazing to me that we actually survived as a couple.

I also wanted to let you know that I was so sad to hear that you lost a brother too. I know he?d be proud of the changes you?ve been making these past few weeks. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself. It?s wonderful to see!

One of the best movies I?ve ever seen in regards to this ?affliction? is ?Long Days Journey into Night? written by Eugene O?Neill. It was made in 1962 and stars Katherine Hepburn, Jason Robards and Ralph Richardson. It?s black & white -- so uncomfortable but powerful.

K9 -- Happy 40th to you!!!! Only 8 more years and you?ll catch up to me!

Well, it?s once again way past my bedtime. Sweet dreams everyone!

WickedMom
                AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle:

What a great news!!! Very happy for you!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1395252 wrote: Belle:

What a great news!!! Very happy for you!
                    And from me Belle, it must be a huge weight off your mind!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO K9

Though I suspect it will be tomorrow before you see this ....... Hope you had a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Had big rain here overnight, power failure, the whole works!!!!
                      I just want to say that while I was wishing K9 a happy 40th birthday today I had a sudden thought - I will be turning 60 exactly 14 months from today
                      Wish I was turning 40 again :H :H

Hello & welcome BeerLover!
                      Be sure to read the MWO book ~ download it from the Health store here

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a fabulous AF Friday!
                      What's everyone's plan for the weekend????

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1395378 wrote: Good morning Nesters,

Had big rain here overnight, power failure, the whole works!!!!
                        I just want to say that while I was wishing K9 a happy 40th birthday today I had a sudden thought - I will be turning 60 exactly 14 months from today

Wish I was turning 40 again :H :H

Hello & welcome BeerLover!
                        Be sure to read the MWO book ~ download it from the Health store here

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a fabulous AF Friday!
                        What's everyone's plan for the weekend????

Lav
                        Your 59th is marked

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                          Posted to the roll call but isnt the date off?? Today is the 19th???? Have I lost it???
                          Going to be a good weekend..NO work..LOL so that makes it good no matter what...
                          Lots of hobby train stuff to do and taking my dad out for his 84th birthday. He will enjoy that.. I usually take him dinner once a month and out for special occasions...

K9 I vaguely remember my 40th....Hope it was a great sober one!!

Back to work for now...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well friends, I've made it to day 3. Finally got past that day 2 mark. So exited that I get to go garage sale-ing tomorrow morning because I won't be hungover for the first Saturday in years!!!
                            Have a great day everyone!
                            One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big doings in the nest today! The Birthday Girl is auditioning on the couch...(insert joke here)....Belle's had great news!!....Iama is on Day 3 and we have a new nester, Beer! As you can see, Beer, we have lots of success here in this little place! Read back a couple weeks and get to know us. We are so glad you found us. This place saves lives, and I'm one of them!

This weekend there is a festival for dogs! Of course there is a costume contest, so we will see how my little Punkin does this year! She thinks her costume makes her butt look fat. (I explain to her, It's a pumpkin, it's supposed to make you look rotund!) I will TRY and post a picture! No, I WILL post a picture!

Friday is just another day....NOT an excuse for Dick Head to make his grand entrance...he has starred in enough of my scenes!! I fired him exactly 21 months ago tomorrow...he is a poor loser. Keeps wanting to come back, but I have exposed him for what he really is. (that guy was trying to kill me!) Stay strong! Fight back, it's allowed!! Hugs! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Things I don't miss:
                                time wasted buying and hiding alcohol, guilt after drinking too much, blackouts, throwing up, embarrassing myself in front of friends and family, poisoning my body
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X