Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic, I hear that! All of the money wasted over the years to poison ourselves is almost shameful! I could have bought a small island by now. I definitely do not miss the blackouts and throwing up. Oh jeez the throwing up is by far the worst. Your body SCREAMING at you for harming it the way you did. I'm just sorry that it took me this long to listen to my bodies cries for help! I hope you have an awesome, sober weekend!!! I think that this is going to be the hardest couple of days by far!!! We'll just have to keep ourselves occupied.
    One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ima:

totally agree w you!!! Let's say $10 a day (1-2 bottles of wine or 2 glasses of wine at a restaurant) per day x 30 days = 300 per month. That's about 3500 a year on alcohol. And that's just a conservative estimate for me!

I'm glad we are trying. Doesn't matter how many times we try and fail, it's better than not trying at all, right?

Cheers without alcohol!

Alcoholic
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Exactly! I was going through a $23 bottle of vodka every two days!! Plus, when I drink I smoke so that's maybe 1-2 packs of cigs every week! Plus all the food I consume when I'm hungover! It's ridiculous.
        I am so glad we are all in this together. I don't think w/o this site I would have made it through the last couple of days!!!

I have a question for all: Yesterday the cravings were insane. I tried everything to stop my head from trying to convince me to drink. I went as far as going to the grocery store and walking around (pathetic I know). I tried changing my way of thinking and telling myself that I don't drink anymore, I read over my list of reasons for quitting, I got on here and read through all the posts, I prepped dinner at like 2:00 in the afternoon...nothing worked! My brain just kept going and going. I ignored it but I am not sure that I will always be able to just ignore it. I have my husband on my side now so that helps a tiny bit. Does anyone have any other suggestions on calming that voice that swears to me that I can just have a little or I could get drunk this one last time? I hate that voice!!!
        One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running Courage,

I don't know you too well as I believe you showed up just before I left for awhile. I've read two of your dialogue episodes here on NN and love them. I was laughing so hard. You are creative and humorous and it is much appreciated by me. You have talent. I just wanted you to know that.
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

LORDY, LORDY, LOOK who's 40!!!!!!!

Our Beloved K9

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

:heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 40th, K9!!!!

Back in my 30s, I always thought 40 was going to be the magic year that I finally got my shit together and stopped drinking. But 40 came and went, and I was still sliding down that hill. I'm 44 now, and I think I have finally been able to stop sliding and move forward. Better late than never, I suppose!

I hope you have a fabulous birthday!

:bday7:

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1395470 wrote: Exactly! I was going through a $23 bottle of vodka every two days!! Plus, when I drink I smoke so that's maybe 1-2 packs of cigs every week! Plus all the food I consume when I'm hungover! It's ridiculous.
                I am so glad we are all in this together. I don't think w/o this site I would have made it through the last couple of days!!!

I have a question for all: Yesterday the cravings were insane. I tried everything to stop my head from trying to convince me to drink. I went as far as going to the grocery store and walking around (pathetic I know). I tried changing my way of thinking and telling myself that I don't drink anymore, I read over my list of reasons for quitting, I got on here and read through all the posts, I prepped dinner at like 2:00 in the afternoon...nothing worked! My brain just kept going and going. I ignored it but I am not sure that I will always be able to just ignore it. I have my husband on my side now so that helps a tiny bit. Does anyone have any other suggestions on calming that voice that swears to me that I can just have a little or I could get drunk this one last time? I hate that voice!!!
                It sounds like you still see AL as something you want and as a friend. For me what helped in my first 30 days was giving it a real identity of the enemy that was trying to kill me. I even created visual fight scenes in my head...bad ass Slay. lol A whole attitude of no you don't you SOB, go to hell! I, also, found it useful to swat the thoughts immediately. What we feed or allow to grow in our minds will grow and turn into action. So, you swat it to hell the moment it tries to invade your home-your mind. You don't give it room to grow. If you have to give it an enemy/devil/beast/rapist persona, then do so. I hated that enemy and used anger to fight against it. That is how I changed my thinking in the beginning.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday K9! Great news Belle!

Woke up late this morning, I was actually sleeping pretty good. Day has been so hectic since I got to work and just have a couple minutes to catch up a little. DAY 7 for me! I hope Allankay is around to give me my moon! I have looked forward to that all week.

Yay for you on Day 3 Iama!

Nesters....have a fantastic AF day! Will check in later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday

Happy-Happy Birthday, K9!

Here's a little present for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3lwwo7snzczdzn/HappyB-Day-K9.MOV
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Iamaquitter,

Man do I remember those intense cravings in the first month of quitting. Never again do I want to go through that. I don?t know if this will work for you but I tried EFT. (Emotional Freedom Therapy). It was recommended to me by a therapist (my sister) who says sometimes it gives her clients immediate relief.

It sounds ridiculous but I believe it helped me. If you google it there are several sites that explain the procedure which takes only a few minutes at most. (Some of the sites will try to sell you information but there is LOTS of free information out there too. No need to pay for anything!) When the cravings were the worst I would sneak off to my bedroom or bathroom and begin tapping on various points on my head and face while looking in the mirror and repeating a phrase something along the lines of ?Even though I feel an intense urge to drink wine I completely and deeply accept and love myself.?

Yes -- I know it sounds far-fetched but it helped me to get through those awful moments. To this day I?m not sure if the actual tapping is what did it -- or just the distraction. Anyway -- it might be worth a try. I also highly recommend the hypnosis cd?s from MWO. I still play the "sleep learning" cd nearly every night while sleeping. I really feel for you -- but please know it will get easier the longer you stick with it!
                      AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay thank you for the advice. I will give it a try!!!

Wicked, I am willing to try anything no matter how far-fetched it may seem! If it worked for you, maybe it'll work for me. I cannot wait to get through this first week. I know from a past 30 day quit that the first 7 days are the absolute worst.

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1395519 wrote: Slay thank you for the advice. I will give it a try!!!

Wicked, I am willing to try anything no matter how far-fetched it may seem! If it worked for you, maybe it'll work for me. I cannot wait to get through this first week. I know from a past 30 day quit that the first 7 days are the absolute worst.
                          I'm curious...as I begin to approach Day 30, what sucked you back into the hell after your last 30+ day quit?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Thanks for the Bday wishes...I used to think 40 was so OLD, but now I see it's just the beginning! Fin - I couldn't open the link you posted...but THANK YOU...whatever it was! HA

Ima - Sorry you're fighting such bad cravings, but good job getting through them. It seems like you're still feeling deprived. Remember WHY you are here...what brought you here? It probably wasn't a wonderful drunken episode full of warm fuzzy memories. Anytime I want to drink, I fast forward to the reality. Drinking stopped being fun for me a LONG time ago. I always say, I'm allergic to alcohol, I break out in handcuffs.

I hope everyone has a happy, safe, sober weekend! Someone mentioned going to yard sales...I love those! But now I'm lazy, I just go to the thrift store where all the junk is in one spot.

Well, the casting couch is calling me...I can't figure out WHY I have to audition so many times! LOL

K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1395521 wrote: Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Fin - I couldn't open the link you posted...but THANK YOU...whatever it was! HA

K9
                              What?! Try https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3lwwo7snzczdzn/HappyB-Day-K9.MOV

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ima:
                                That voice is annoying especially when I have free time on my hands. I try to drown it out by reading, watching tv or movies, reading these MWO posts, taking my supplements, and I started telling myself that "I don't have to drink now.,". (Instead of "I can't ever drink again")

I don't think I can be totally alcohol free. Just being honest here. But I will try my best and I think that is the better than not trying.

Let's all keep trying together. If we fall, we just get back and get right back up!!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X