Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dogwood...I know what you mean...I am hiding in the comfort of this forum too...and you know what? THAT'S JUST FINE! We are in great company with people of like minds! Now just get yourself to Magic D13!! This is where you will have a change of thinking and will realize this really IS something you can do! Better things ahead!

No one laughed at my "under our noses" comment....am I the only one that things DB's nose is rather large? :H I may be getting confused, that's not King Charlie is it??? B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

slay, you are very right. I realized that when I came across this site. I never realized how many people had a drinking problem. I always thought "there's no way anyone drinks like I do". I am realizing that more people than I could ever have imagined deal with this same demon everyday! It scares me to look around and think that any one of those people, especially family, can be a closet alcoholic or an alcoholic that hasn't admitted they have a problem yet. My sister drinks about 2 boxes of wine almost every night. She's always drunk when I see her, yet you ask her if she thinks she drinks too much and she says no. Scares the hell out of me.
      One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

iamaquitter28;1395636 wrote: slay, you are very right. I realized that when I came across this site. I never realized how many people had a drinking problem. I always thought "there's no way anyone drinks like I do". I am realizing that more people than I could ever have imagined deal with this same demon everyday! It scares me to look around and think that any one of those people, especially family, can be a closet alcoholic or an alcoholic that hasn't admitted they have a problem yet. My sister drinks about 2 boxes of wine almost every night. She's always drunk when I see her, yet you ask her if she thinks she drinks too much and she says no. Scares the hell out of me.
        Yes, there are a couple reasons for this. My name was created in light of one of those which is fear keeps us in bondage. People are afraid to admit they have a problem out of fear of rejection or judgement. They aren't confident in who they are enough to handle that rejection. That's, also, a part of why they drink. Second, if they admit it, they have to do something about it and they don't want to face life without it. They become defensive if approached because you are taking away their security blanket, their coping mechanism, and their pretend friend who is always there for them in all circumstances to take them away.

See the hypersensitivity thread and read my last post about filling the hole inside. It's a worldwide epidemic. Although, people may have various ways of identifying the divine energy inside, it is there. That great part of us that has been hurt.

I have no doubt people can be healed, but there are a lot of walls and scars and fear working against them. Stand up, grab your sword and begin to battle for you life. It's the best thing you'll ever fight for!!!

Slay:l
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 and Byrdlady:

I know: I should be able to be alcohol free. But I just don't feel it inside. I am not rallying anybody to fall. Why would I want to do that? I am just saying that is how feel about my own situation. I don't want to fail. I'm trying my best to avoid alcohol. But it's just so hard to see the future without alcohol. There are so many parties and events that I go to where alcohol is everywhere. I am the type who can drink just one or two at an event and not get drunk. But I also enjoy drinking because of boredom.... So I end up drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a day because of boredom....

However, I now drink very little. Some days not at all. MWO is really helping me not to drink. I haven't drank more than 2 glasses of wine since I started getting on MWO. Therefore, I am getting better, but I still want to stop drinking all together. I'm struggling just like everyone here.

Alcoholic
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

we need this...

hi everyone. i'm new. i guess i should say we're new. my hubby and i both are in need of a change. me more than him. we met in our early 20's when partying was totally normal. we found that we were great friends and that we really enjoyed each others company - marriage and two kids later - we're still best friends.

at first the drinking was to celebrate. love, life, everything. then kids came along and that was another reason. then some tough times at work - more drinking. then... the next thing i knew it's been about 8 years since either of us really took any time off of drinking. (except during pregnancies of course). i drink for drink with him - and we are at about a 6 pack of IPA's a night. he will take a break, but i always seem to find a reason that we should celebrate/commiserate with each other. i don't want to quit - but i need to get things in check. like - really? monday through sunday - alone. i don't need a six pack. he's stronger than i am. so...

he's heading out of the country for 2 weeks. i'm looking at this time to get myself in check. it's just going to be me and the kids. we don't have any plans with friends (aka reasons to drink) and realistically i don't need to be home alone with children and buzzed (yeah, after 6 big beers, i'm still pretty functional). i got all the supplements that i started today - going to enjoy my last couple of nights with hubby and hopefully not drinking as much (maybe 5 beers tonight, 4 tomorrow) - then off to nada for 2 weeks. i might even go for 3 -

i'm wondering for those that have done this - is there ever a point where you can again socially drink without drinking everyone under the table? or does that never go away?

after his trip, we are in it together. i figure since i'm worse than him, i need this head start on my own. wish me luck! i'll be checking in a lot!

Comment

Newbies Nest

EFT

WickedMom. & Iamaquitter,

My therapist got me started with "tapping." review the videos on line for EFT (the guy who came up with this is totally creepy) and just do it. It works! I use it when I become anxious, when I crave, when I want to binge eat. I can suddenly feel myself becoming calmer and more focused. The hot spots are great to do in the car. They are just under the collarbones and you don't look weird doing just that in the car.

Good thoughts to you both
              ~nurdl
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I thought your comment about under our noses was hilarious!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Dangrog, there are many people here who will help you get through. I'm sure someone will be along with the toolbox link for you as well. Make sure you drink alot of water with lemon, it helps to detox the liver and eat as much as possible. Stay on MWO for support. I can tell you, being sober is a great feeling.
                  AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                  AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1395594 wrote: Thank you very much: Slay, Byrdie, Starfish and DB.

I feel like a completely reborn person. I have more confidence. I am less patient with people or things that waste my time or drag me down. I am 10 pounds slimmer and healthier. Have not had any regrets or embarrassments since the date I gave up drinking.

The only thing that is on my mind is that my job offer is conditional and my references better be nice to me I was a very different person back then, feels like its shadow is still following me somehow. If I get glowing references, which I should, the job is mines.

The best part of it... Its the kind of job that I really wanted.

AK
                    You big stud. Well done.
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, I hope you get the job. You've worked so hard on yourself. Keeping my fingers crossed for you X see lol
                      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dangrog,

Welcome aboard :hallo: There's loads of advice here from folks. Checked out the Tool Box yet? That's got some gold advice in there.

Sounds like you have a workable plan for the 2 weeks your hubbie's away. I think that's a sound and sensible start. 'One day at a time' is a very good motto. Look forward to seeing youse about the boards!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy, I didn't recognize you without your hair!!
                          Dangrog....please see the link to the tool box in my signature line!!! There are 100's of tips and tricks and coping skills to help you. This is a perfect time to start, too! Please read back a couple of weeks and get to know us...we have folks in ALL stages of their quits!! We have lots of success here, as you can see.
                          Dang it...gotta catch the phone....the boss! B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

STUMPY! HAIR? WHERE'S YER HAIR?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy, here's a wig if you need one:

Comment

Newbies Nest

well,....... I feel a bit inadequate as I've just "skimmed" over stuff...I see that stumpy has a new"hairdo" wow! AND ALLAN has a new job - yea!!!! for you Allan!

And I'm lost without K9's Face.

And I have to say that Fin, I was able to click on your original link and ended up crying...over Happy Frickin Birthday...I really did. That was so cool and very heartfelt.....you're very talented.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X