Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nope Byrd I didnt think i would make it this far....very itchy tonight but didnt stop at the deli on the way home...tempting as it was.....
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roon:
      I had similar experience like that too! No more worries about sneaking alcohol into places, finding time to buy alcohol and drink alcohol before an event. It's such great freedom!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay;

Well said! I totally agree w everything you said! We are all in this together and it's great when we can learn to withhold judgment on each other, be humble and realize we all fall and we all make mistakes. Who is perfect?'! Whenever I fight w my husband, he always says, "I know, you are always right and perfect. I get it." And it always stops me and makes me realize he's right: I'm not perfect at all.

But we can still strive for it though, right?!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, glad to know I'm not the only one. Funny tonight I was playing a church service for a friend who just had hand surgery. When it came time to pass the peace a woman came up to me while I was playing and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. I'm not a regular church going person but I said a little prayer of thanks for all the wonderful people here on MWO.
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H RC!!!
            You really have an uncanny understanding of the relationship I have with Stella & all her sisters :H
            I think we work quite well together. My chickens recycle absolutely everything I give them (kitchen scraps, cutttings from the garden, etc), I collect & sell their eggs & they make me laugh a lot! The granndkids just love their feathered friends & the feeling is mutual

I spent the first 50 years of my life living in a suburb of Philadelphia - no chickens allowed. 9 years ago we moved south 45 miles into 'cow country'. I decided to try raising a few chickens since there are no restrictions around here. Well, my husband decided to order a few chicks & I almost fell over when he said 25 day old hatchlings were on the way! I had to go online & read a book just to figure out how to keep them alive for a day!!!! It all worked out & I now actually on my 3rd flock. I've developed regular egg customers which is nice. I have learned so much along the way. I have actually rescued a small flock of chickens that was abandoned. If you don't mind dealing with a bit of chicken poop (which is excellent when tilled into the veggie garden), raising chickens is a fun hobby

Rooni, enjoy the Symphony - sounds like a wonderful evening!

Dottie, Alcoholic & everyone, keep hanging in there. Life without AL is real freedom!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tonight is really hard and I dont know what is up?? Almost feels like the first week...what is happening tonight????????
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie...it's Dick Head....he will zing them at you out of left field...do something to change the sugject in your head. Turn the music up too loud and sing along...or step outside a minute. This is a last gasp of the Voice to live again...he wants you to cave BAD. Eat something and make yourself as full as possible. Do not give in to that bastard no matter what and no matter who. He WANTS you to fall back into the rabbit hole...hang on for your life! Do NOT give in! You are doing great....this is a hurdle that you will be so glad you passed!!! Please check in again....I will look out for you. Stay strong...B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am sticking close by tonight byrdlady. Eating or grazing tonight...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
                  velcro britches please.....super glue maybe.....

Dottie...
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hold on....I will staple you in! You did the right thing in coming to the boards...it is hard sometimes and it seems like it's hopeless, but it is NOT. What a blessing it will be when you have NO thoughts of AL again...and you will get there. It won't control you any more. Your head will be a peaceful place instead of the twist of weeds it is at the moment...remember...all you gotta do is get thru this day! Just this one day! B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am at day 1 and I am proud to say I went and bought some fruits and veggies today and some herbal teas. I am currently steeping an herbal tea that I am going to drink instead of a beer. I have decided that there are alot of people in my life that I need to be here for and drinking instead of eating was slowly killing me. I will figure out how to navigate this site and I am feeling positive about how things are going to go. Thank you everyone for being here.
                      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nanette! I'm so glad you found us! We have folks in all stages of quitting! You have landed in THE best possible place if you are serious about getting this monkey off your back! We have LOTS of success here....

I would suggest reading back on this thread a couple weeks and get to know us....then jump right in. There is no question that we can't get answered for you....one of us has done it for sure. Please find the link to the Tool Box in my signature line...there you will find 100's of tips and coping strategies to help you thru.

We are so glad you found us....pull up a twig and jump in when you feel comfortable...watch out for the chickens! Great job on getting Day 1 done and dusted...it is a BIT___! Onwards and upwards! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Dottie!
                          Tomorrow will be much better
                          Here's a picture of Stella & her 24 sisters the day they arrived Sept 2010. Stare at this for a while & just smile

Hello & welcome to yuo as well Nanette!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

big aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay. Ultimate test just passed. Lucy and Kiddles left the house around 4:40 leaving me at the house with my mandolin, SONOS for cranking house music, 5 Stone IPAs out in the garage frig and 1/2 of one in the inside frig from Lucy's last night. Normally I would have pounded all this beer while they were away and probably slipped off to get more so no one would notice that the orig 6 pack was missing.

Well, they'll be home any minute now and I didn't touch a thing. I was good. Wow, that was hard at first, but shit yeah...did it. Be strong people, be strong tonight!

Have a being good night, all -
                              Fin
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, sorry to hear that you are having a rough night! Hang in there, you'll get through it!!!

Fin, that's awesome! Go you. I'm not sure I could have been that strong!

Nanette, Welcome and this truly is the best place to be. It has helped keep me strong through some of my worst moments! Good luck to you.

Good Night all! First sober Saturday in a REALLY long time. Hope everyone finds the strength to make it through! :-)
                                One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Working...
                                X