Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Just starting out-day 2, and feeling very new at this. Need as much support, advise and prayers as you can offer. I am hopeful, but scared too. So far, no signs of withdrawal. Drinking lots of water, taking supplements and eating ok. Glad to be part of the team!
    Regards, Sunbird.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome sunbird!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, day 2 for me. Sunbird, I think you summed up the feeling exactly-hopeful but scared. Isn't it nice to have a place where we can feel some support and don't have to do it on our own? Best of all, know it can be done!
        Working in the yard and playing with my puppy. Feeling grateful and happy to be alive right now.
        Have a wonderful AF day, everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sunbird!
          Day two is a good thing I ought to know... I'm there, too.

It's funny how we are all 'scared' in the beginning... yet, the only scary things happen WHEN WE DRINK! The scared feeling will pass, Sunbird... and will be replaced with relief. I can't wait to breathe that sigh of relief again. Hang in there - let's count our AF days together!

Happy Sunday to all - hope you had a great one!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was just in a chat room with hart and we are not drinking tomorrow and after that we will see......I am disappointing myself and i know my husband and children....anyone else????
            I want to be checking with other newbies
            forme

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Urgh-not a good weekend..succumbed!!!
              Still.got lots done on a bright note!
              Running late..so will post more later!
              Hope everyone else did better than me!
              AF from today..once more *sigh*
              Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

friends of mine (they all know what i am doing day 4 AF) invited me to go out with them today to a winery.. i said no thanks one lady said well you dont have to drink. I said i know but i dont know if ill be able to do that if it is all around me and i can see it and smell it. Then another lady said well you can have just one glass. I laughed and said never in my 49 years have i EVER had just one glass that is the problem...i went home and felt kind of bad, they get to do this and i dont. They can drink normally and i cant. But then later i thought of how much better i feel and sleep and i felt good for saying no..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Such a busy day in the nest!

TranqWilly - congrats on 3 weeks, you rock!
                  Sunbird & MtnTop - congrats on 2 days, keep going, that's great!
                  Hi vlad!
                  Sunni, had thunder storms here too, lost power, etc. Glad you're back on with us. Hope tomorrow is Day 3 AF for you as well as for Sunbird & MtnTop!
                  ForMe, welcome to the nest! Settle in on a comfortable twig, you'll have lots of company & support!
                  Queen of denial, congrats on 4 days! Your 'friends' certainly made things difficult for you today. What were they thinking? They seem clueless. Don't waste a minute of your new found freedom worrying about what you're missing - you're not missing a thing. You are happy, proud, feeling
                  & sleeping well
                  Those women are completely uninformed.

Keep going everyone, those days turn into weeks & months before you know it
                  Good night all!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello The Nest!

Well despite my fall over the weekend,I do feel I controlled it to a certain level and also got alot done instead of nursing a hangover..so I am going to just see the positives in this little step-backwards,and move forward once more. Today is therefore Day1 for me.....:argh:

So have gone for a walk this morning,pushing pram and praying that it would not rain on us!Took eldest to Kindy,youngest to Playgroup, did grocery shop,caught up with Mum & sister for lunch;fed horse and am home with enough time to unpack shopping,send this post and have a green tea before picking up Kindy girl!! Phew!!!!

A big hello to all the new people and welcome:welcome:

I am determined to stay positive and just keep myself motivated!I hope that everyone else is going okay too..the nest sounds alot busier than it did there for a few days!

Hope you are better now NoraC?
                    Will check back in later to update self with the goings on in the nest as am rushed for time today!

Bye for now,
                    Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

How's everyone today?

Chicken, glad to see you back on plan! You really have some amazing chicken energy!!!!!

I'm planning an inside day today due to extreme heat & humidity here. Maybe I can catch up on some household chores.........

Hope you all have a great AF Monday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Today is day 21 af (I miscounted yesterday). I'm surprised that I made it this far! And surviving three straight weekends without a drink does feel good, and makes Monday morning much easier. The weekend turned out to be a lot less crazy from a social standpoint than I expected.

Chicken -- I like the bounce-back attitude! Lav - Stay cool! Queen - way to go on sticking to your guns!

Hi to all the new folks!

Take care everyone! I'm off to work.
                        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday all! Just wanted to stop in an say hello to the Nest. I will get all caught up and post more later. I am so tired today. Didn't get as much relaxing this weekend as I needed. I will talk to you all later. Have a great day! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - I'm back - Day 1 - yet again. I am happy to be back. I hope there's some room in the nest for me and a Diet Coke please.
                            I'll get caught up with everyone later. But, just wanted to say that I'm back after 3 days of not being AF.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - I'm on day 2 now and feeling ok. Come on Chicken we can do it. Well done and good luck to everyone who's trying so hard
                              See you all later - got evening class tonight
                              Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good (ahem) afternoon, Nestlings!

I overslept and have been trying to get caught up ever since... Chicken, I need some of your excess energy!

Well, this is day 3 for me (for the last time, dammit!) - still have to have my talk with Mr. Wonderful - he got back last night around 11pm and was positively bagged. Over 9 hours of driving and LAAAATE nights this past weekend *chuckle* I'm not looking forward to the talk - yet I am... does that make sense? I want to come clean with him and I'm actually relieved that the whole moderation question is off the table now for me. It's done - don't have to worry about it anymore. So, much like Chicken, I also try to look at the positive side of this.

TranqWilly... CONGRATS!!!! And, ya know.. it's a really good sign that you are miscounting/losing track!

Nora... there's ALWAYS room in the nest and a twig to be shared! Welcome back!

*Wave* Chops and Lav... hope you're having a great day and get some relaxing in today

Sooty... well done on day 2... it'll get only better from here on out! Let's stick together and stick with the plan!

Ok, off I go again... will check in with you later! :l
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X