X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hubby still buying me bottles?Help!

Morning in the Nest!!

Well it's 8:30am here and looks like possible rain-which kind of sux,cause I have plans to take the two chicks to the park for a picnic:durn:

Anyhow,had an impromptu dinner with a friend and her kids last night while the 'menfolk' were both elsewhere! Was a good night and I sipped diet coke, despite my friend having a drink! Saturday coming though she wants us over for a party and is already planning the drinks etc. Not sure how I'll go with that..but will be designated driver,so that will get me out of drinking!!!

On another note, I have spoken (wept)rather,to hubby after my last bad episode of drinking that I did not want to do it anymore. He was sympathetic!

However, came home yesterday to find that he had bought me two bottles of wine!!!What is with that?I don't understand where he is coming from? He just tells me..you don't have to stop,just go easy!!!!!!!! Can anyone enlighten me as to why he does this,when he obviously doesn't like it when I get 'tanked'?Don't want to sound ungrateful or hurt his feelings. Do want to have an occasional drink with him..but my plan involved buying it as I required it and not having it 'in the house'! Still I avoided it last night!!Yay for me!!

hi Sunsine-that endless energy is just a facade LOL I'm like the energizer 'chicken' I go and go and then...stop!

Sooty I'm with you! Day 2 for me now. I am going to barage you with messages this time if I start to feel weak! Hope you don't mind.

NoraC-glad you are back and feeling better! Let's all go again-"All for one and one for all!"
    Hello ChopperTranq:h and Lav:l

How are you fairing Queen?Hope it's all right in your domain!
    And Good morning to everyone else who I may have neglected to mention!

Have a good one,
    Chicken *cluck cluck*

Comment

Newbies Nest

end of day 1 for me-again...

Comment

Newbies Nest

LoL! Energizer Chicken indeed... go and go and stop. lmao!

People really don't get it... I had a gf over last night, who by the way quite simply blew my moderating days right out of the water. She already knew I've been af, and stumbled on my bottle of kudzu. When I explaiined what it was she said, "does this mean we can't go for margaritas anymore?". Mind you the last time we "went for margaritas", we luckily were on foot, but couldn't even stay on the sidewalk as we walked home!

I do know how it feels to try to mod around someone who's on a different agenda. I was successful as long as I was around like minded people, but it went quickly out the window without much encouragement required from my serious drinking friends. It seems to me that moderating requires "managing" situations and people and ourselves, and that often things become quite "unmanageable".

I haven't reached the point where I'm ready to say "never again", but I do like the simplicity of sticking to the af commitment right now. Thanks to this site and all you helpful folks, I can actually entertain that long-term af thought for the first time.

Thanks for the shout-out Chicken. Sunshine, I don't mind losing count, just hoping I don't lose my mind along the way!

Take very good care everyone!
        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just wanted to check in one last time then say good night! I'm sensing a lot of effort being exerted here, makes me proud to be associated with all of you. Going AF for 1 day or for 30 days is not easy, it takes strength & commitment. I urge everyone to just keep trying, you'll never be sorry

Time for bed, see al of you birdies in the morning!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

What? Tuesday morning and nobody is up yet? WAKE UP BIRDLINGS!!! :H

Just a quick note - I'll be gone until tomorrow night and have a million things to do before I leave. Mr. Wonderful is once again kidnapping me (at least, that's what I tell my clients) to go out on the North Channel - weather forecast looks ok He just sprung this on me last night, so now I have to scramble to get stuff done that should have been *ahem* done yesterday or the day before or the day before, or... you get the idea.

I had 'the talk' with that wonderful man last night - phew. Fessed up about last Friday, asked for all AL to be locked up and the key thrown away (well, more like the key to be kept on HIM) and explained that moderating is no longer an option for me. As always, he was incredibly supportive, glad that I was honest and said he was still and again proud of me. How, is beyond me - when I feel like such a failure. But, in time, that feeling will pass. Every AF day will restore my faith in myself a little. So, day 4 - here I am.

Energizer chicken... I love it! I picture you like this kitten we rescued... play play play... fall over in mid-air... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Perk up.. play play play... :H

So... I hope you all will have a wonderful Tuesday and Wednesday - I'll be thinking of you!

Wishing you all unbridled success... over and out!
            xo
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody! I just wanted to show you a post in case you birdies miss it in general. You might be interested!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...nue-36055.html
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone hope we're all feeling ok.
                Chicken send as many messages as you like - I've sent you one today so thats one you owe me already!
                I know what you mean about the bottles of wine - why do they do it?
                Day 3 for me hippee, feeling better already, surprising the improvement in general health once the stuff is one its way out of one's system!
                Back later to check up on everyone - and chicken I'm watching you Very closely

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody! I posted over on the 30 day AF thread as well. I am a newbie. This is my first serious attempt at going AF. I just don't want to be this way anymore. I want to be there for my kids as they are getting to that tween stage, i.e. they will soon know that when they thought mom was "sleeping", I was actually passed out. I don't want to be that way for them.

This is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I am so grateful that I found this forum - I need the support.

I am on day 3. Yesterday I did have 1 glass of wine at a committee function at a microbrewery, BUT, I resisted the urge to stop and buy "just a bottle" of wine. So sipped Iced Tea all night.

I am looking forward to supporting everybody here with their battles!
                  ODAT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

How is everyone? Sounds kind of quiet here today!

Welcome Determination! Please find a comfortable twig and settle in with the rest of the birdies here. There's plenty of room & lots of support available. Have you made your plan? Do you intend to go AF or learn to moderate? You will find that most of us have found moderating a near impossible task. Personally, I find it much, much easier to say No to AL altogether. Takes the guess work & the stress right out of your life

Chicken, Sooty, Sunni and everyone else who checks in today - glad to see you back on plan and making progress!

I'm hiding inside with the AC on this week, still incredibly hot & humid in this neck of the woods. I'm playing catch-up with some long ignored household chores and getting some canning done. Kosher Dill pickles and pickled beets done so far

OK, back to work for me.
                    Have a great AF day everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lavande I will try. Just seems so hard. But i will suceed

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande - My plan is to go AF. I know in the past when I have tried to "cut back", once I have a drink it leads to another and then a whole bottle. I am really looking forward to being AF and not using AL as a crutch.
                        ODAT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I am also a newbie and just stumbled upon this site. I have been kidding myself for a while now that I will moderate. I think I am moving toward finally believeing that I can't do that. I start out moderating and then slip back into weekend indulgence and then onto daily drinking. I do okay during the week, but weekends are so tough for me. We are into boating and it is a big party all weekend. I don't want to give up boating and find it so difficult to sit around with party people and not partake. Too many times I over indulge and then regret my actions the next day. I need to figure out a way to get through the party times. I am grateful that I found this website and look forward to getting and giving support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi
                            today is day 6 of AF. I have not posted for a few days to be honest i feel so depressed ..I AM sleeping better but if im honest i do miss the numbness that AL can give along with the buzz even tho i know it is not real or good for me..i am going to my dr. tomorrow and i will be honest with her about it and maybe she can help me. chicken#3 i think you should be honest with your other 1/2 even if it is hard. I asked my husband to get rid of all the wine and told him i was sorry to have to ask him that. i told him i would give anything to be a normal drinker like him he understands but my other "friends" do not seem to understand i can not just have 1 drink ..i also told my husband i get mixed messages from him about my drinking..just be honest ...
                            take care all

Comment

Newbies Nest

WELCOME JM1234

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi Jm1234,

Great to meet you here on the MWO site. You will get all the love, support and advice you need if you stay connected on a daily basis, I am sure you will succeed. Good Luck!
                              Sunbird :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I already ruined my af day. But i will keep on trying. I know all of us on this site can do this. I just wish it wasn't so hard. Everyone have a goodnite. Thanks for all the support

Comment

Working...
                                X