Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Hello & welcome to our crazy nest DorothyFree!
    We've been having a lot of fun with words around here lately but we are still serious about helping each other reach their goals.
    If you haven't already, be sure to download the MWO book fron the Health store ere on the site. It has lots of info to help you get started.
    Also please visit the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of great ideas to help you put your plan together. Stay close & let us know how yo are doing.

RC, I have to ask.....
    What are you smoking dude? :H :H
    If you are not a fiction writer you seriously need to consider changing professions. You keep us all well entertained

I had a great afternoon chasing two screaming & laughing kids while cooking & serving dinner. The chickens are fast asleep, Maxie is snoring but the puppy Matilda is still jumping around ~ I'm exhausted

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in th enest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Dorothy! Dogwood had some good advice.

Lav, Maxie is just wonderful.

As for me, DH came home and swapped out dirty clothes for clean and was on the road again. I filled my glass with ice water and hopped in bed. Helping kids with homework from my "desk.". At least if I can't figure out an algebra problem its not the wine!!

Thank you all for being here and being my secret weapon in this battle for my what I want my life to be!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today, I wnet online to check what the free museum days were at the museum park near me, and saw that, while most parks in my county prohibit alcohol, the museum park has places where they allow it on the lawn. I got all excited at the idea of picnicking with wine, out in the open...and then I remembered that I don't drink.

I also had a dream last night that I was out to dinner with a friend, and just kept drinking martini after martini, and then had to go do some stuff, but I worried that I was too drunk to actually get it done. I didn't *feel* drunk, but then, I never do, and I knew how much I had had. It was too realistic! I wasn't mad at myself, I just completely forgot in the dream that I had quit.

I'm getting near to 30 days, and my mind is starting to play tricks on me! More than once today, I found myself thinking Oh, after I get a year, after I get pregnant and have the baby and get done breastfeeding, it would be so nice to go back to having a couple of glasses of wine every once in awhile. But it's not true. Putting the option of drinking on the table means that I could choose to drink, oh, once a month. Then it would be once every couple of weeks. Then every time I went out. Then sometimes in the evenings at home...and so on until something bad happened again, and I ended up having to go through the whole process over again.

It would be especially bad when I am responsible for not only keeping MYSELF unharmed and on top of things, but also keeping a CHILD alive and well. Stupid brain. I guess fantasizing about the far-off future is OK, as long as every day I keep to my correct path.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Limonada, please hang in there. Please, you are doing so well.
          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Limonada: sounds like you will be an awesome mom one day! Hang in there! Congrats at almost 30 days!!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hugs to you Alcoholic, at least you don't hold punches. I have to love that. God bless you. You will find your way. Stay strong!
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy:

I have an 11 year old son and have been an alcoholic for 20 years (not drinking during pregnancy and breastfeeding, of course). But here's limonada who is staying sober now proactively for her imaginary future child she may or may not have for another few years .Odds are that she will be a very good mother, definitely a much better mother than me!!!! Limonada: your future child is lucky to have you as his/her mother!!!!

Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic, you have it in you to be whatever you want to be...anything you want...the sky is the limit baby. Reach for the stars and put the bottle down GF. I drank for only wow only 8 years and here I am. We're all on the same ship. Stay Strong.
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you guys for the votes of confidence. Some of you may remember my money stress from earlier this week. Well...I am whiling away my time making a spreadsheet of all the cheap yoga videos on Amazon and Ebay, so I can figure out how many DVDs I can get for the price of my monthly gym membership (which is usually where I take my yoga class). Some of them are only $3! It looks like I've found a way to save money but still keep up my excercise routine, which has been instrumental to my quit. I'll stockpile DVDs to equal one month's dues, and then when I get sick of those, I'll allow myself to buy a new one each month, still saving about $30/month! I love spreadsheets! I am so nerdy.

Alcoholic, I am sure you're not a bad mother—the very fact that you are here and are trying means that you are better off than a lot of people! You have a lucky son.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Limonada,

I use home workout DVDs all the time. A great yoga DVD to search for is by Ali McGraw. She is the star they hired to promote the CD, and does the workout, but it is led by a very experienced yoga instructor. The setting is sand dunes; it is very beautiful. And the workout is terrific.

Catbuddy
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Denise Austin has an excellent video, I think it only costs 3 bucks now. I'm not ready to pull the old hamstrings just yet. Good for you for being so into the workout part of it, I'm just not there yet.
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Exercise DVD

Limonada:

If you have a lap top, use you tube and see if you can find any exercise routines or surf the net. Lots of things are free nowadays... Thanks to technology.
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

DorothyFree;1397269 wrote: This is my first visit. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to say here, but I know I need help and due to the nature of my profession, there's no way I can get it in person. I sincerely thank you all for being here. I hope this is the beginning of a long relationship. I hope to be back tomorrow.
                            Hi DorothyFree - just to say :welcome: Lav's given you the links to the Toolbox - very helpful indeed. As is hanging out here in the newbies nest.

All the best! RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all - day 3 (I know - again) for me, but after one horrific "event" - which to me is where i've hit my lowest, I am determined to be AF !!!

I haven't made it past day 3 in the past couple of months, but I WILL today !!! And day 4, 5 ,6 etc.......

I WILL NOT POISON MYSELF ANY MORE !!!!!!!!!!! (Apologies for shouty caps.........)
                              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Limonada - I am reposting an earlier post that I put in, not because it is some amazing word of wisdom but because it will help you understand at what point you can relax where AL is concerned. That would be never. There will be a time when it doesn't consume you, but as you can see by my story, you really have to take AL serious for always.

Nellie & Yogamom - WELCOME!

Sounds like you have been around MWO before, so you know, don't beat up on yourself to much, and take care of yourself.

I'm on Day 8 this time. I've had 24 years sobriety, and then slipped back into it for various reasons. As you can see, you should never become too complacent and no amount of time means you are "cured." Much of that 24 years was wonderful and I literally thought little about AL, but when the thoughts started creeping in, I should've run for help with red flags waving, screaming, "help me!" I can blame a lot of things....my Dad had a major stroke, my boys were growing up and leaving and didn't need me anymore, my husband is self-absorbed, my job is unfulfilling, blah, blah, blah. Truth is, everyone deals with these day to day situations, but not everyone drinks! Somewhere in the back of my pea brain; I WANTED TO DRINK! I used my circumstances and all the years I was sober to convince myself it would be alright. It was not.

Everyday that I drink is like living life through a cloud of darkness. I can sometimes function fairly well, but there is no joy. Even 8 days in, the cloud has not gone, but it has lifted. Last night was tough. First time I had a hard time this go. If circumstances would have allowed it, I would have gone to town and gotten a bottle of wine. That feeling makes us so uneasy, so unsettled, so antsy. We're here but our minds are elsewhere. I finally took a deep breath and accepted I was not going to drink, at which point I enjoyed some time on FB and peaked in on MWO and then slept. Waking this morning to a clean sober mind and body was soooo awesome! That's what we need to hold onto when the voices begin. Why is it so hard.

I'm going to hang around here and see if I can get it again and help that cloud to lift so I can live in the light. I don't like being a mole person slinking about living but not really living. I know there are better things and I want them! So all you "Newbies" hang around with me, even if you fall, and we'll try to figure it out together!

Dogwood Blossom

Comment

Working...
                                X