Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Just stopping in to wish everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Dogwood, thanks for your honesty. It's true that there is no real cure for us except to stay away from AL! I finally discovered that if I keep my head out of depression-ville then I don't think about AL. Sounds pretty simple yet it was the hardest lesson for me to learn.

OK, off to see the dentist- yay.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! It was a busy weekend in the nest and at my place....I have lots of catching up to do and I don't mean reading posts....that'll have to wait til I do some laundry and vacuuming. :-)

dogwood - I did read your post, and this statement really hit home. Everyday that I drink is like living life through a cloud of darkness. I can sometimes function fairly well, but there is no joy. sooo true. Very well said.

I'm off - will check in later!
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Crew,

Unbelievably, today marks 3 weeks w/o a drop of AL. Getting through 3 weeks was for my family (last week's avatar). This week is for me (this weeks's avatar). Thanks out to each of you again for the collective positive energy found here. It means everything to me this morning...especially after a very-very social weekend where the IPA was moaning for me in full stereo to come play. Nope, not even close. I choose to be happy.

Be good,
        -Fin
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1397100 wrote: Morning, all. Another beautiful fall morning in California (you guys across the pond, enjoy it vicariously through me).

She said, "the moment you walked in I knew something was different."

Cat
          I absolutely love this! As we've discussed before -- living cleanly and honestly creates this really cool aura (if you will) that is in itself a little intoxicating. People definitely pick up on it and I'll tell you what, the guys are going to be flocking to you.

Great job, Cat. I'm so happy to be doing this with you...you go, girl!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!
            DorothyFree, welcome...please don't feel like you have to wait to post how you are feeling, as you can see we don't hold much back. ALL of our underbellies are exposed...this is a side of us that each of us wishes we didn't have. But it is what it is....and we are here to help each other.

Limon...you have really been busy lately, I'm so happy that you are finding joy again and hope for the future! Hells Bells if we all could just enjoy a couple glasses of wine every month or so NONE of us would be here! We all wish that, but there is LOTS of enjoyment in other things that don't lead us down the rabbit hole. In the words of Walt Disney...ACCC-CENT-u-ate the Pos-i-tives....and (bumpty bump) EEEEE-Limon-ATE the neg-a-tive!! That almost has your name written all over it! It takes time to reprogram yourself after you hit that reset key. You are doing great! Trust me....I'd tell ya!

I had a drinking dream last night....I was having a dinner party (thanks Running for planting that seed) and we were sitting around a big long tabel. I had a coffee mug full of vodka and diet coke....I tried to pass it off as a cuppajoe but nobody believed me....the looks on the faces (co workers of mine and my hubs) was ....fear and pity....a look I recognize....because I saw it many times. Thank god it was a dream...it was so real...I felt the same darkness and sense of dread. That sense of HOPELESSNES and HELPLESSNESS was a shroud around me. But I am niether hopeless NOR helpless ...... if this is a disease then I have the cure!!! And it's nowhere to be found in a bottle!!

Stay strong, Nesters....say NO, HELL NO! AL will not take one more day of MY life!!!
            Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

I love it that the first thing I do in the morning is to read MWO and the last thing I do before going to bed is to do the same, and reading it through out the day to keep myself busy.

Week one since I found MWO. That's about 10 bottles of wine I didn't consume but would have if I didn't find MWO!!! Thank you MWO
              And everyone for your support and wisdom!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Fin. Do you feel this to? Emerging from the shadows back to who I used to be. For me, that's going back at least 20 years. Amazing to know she was still in there.

I love your new avatar. You look so content and happy (and with all due respect to your wife and just as a friend....handsome!).

It is dumping rain today here, folks. When our rainy season comes, it's with a series of winter storms. Blink. Sunshine gone. Where's my firewood?

Have a great AF Monday, all. And welcome to the newbies - you are in good hands.

Catbuddy
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1397500 wrote: Thanks, Fin. Do you feel this to? Emerging from the shadows back to who I used to be. For me, that's going back at least 20 years. Amazing to know she was still in there.

I love your new avatar. You look so content and happy (and with all due respect to your wife and just as a friend....handsome!).

It is dumping rain today here, folks. When our rainy season comes, it's with a series of winter storms. Blink. Sunshine gone. Where's my firewood?

Have a great AF Monday, all. And welcome to the newbies - you are in good hands.

Catbuddy
                  Thanks again, Cat. That pic captures how I'm feeling these days which I am so grateful for. Sure beats the hell out of the hungover Fin. Geeezzz. Anyway thanks for the compliment...I'm flattered. In reality however, I have no doubt that you and the rest of the babes here are the real ones starting to turn heads now that you're AF!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Fin! Keep going strong!
                    ~nurdl
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Backyard Bluegrass Boys

Aden's fiddle break gets a little long in the tooth. My boy is on mandolin, of course. Good times...good sober times indeed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heads held high,
                        torches pointed toward the skies,
                        onward and upward,
                        we charge free of lies.

Have a great day, Nesters.
                        Your victory is at hand!

Slay
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday Morning Everyone :l

Sorry I have been AWOL over the weekend, but WOW, what a weekend! Busy, busy, busy! All four of my daughters still live in my house, and although they range in age from 16- 24, I still feel like they keep me as busy as when they were toddlers!

I am happy though to have been able to help them this weekend. One of the girls? locked her keys in her car on Sat. evening and I had to go rescue her. Twenty-three days ago, I would have been in no situation to drive the 30 minutes to bring her a key (and she would have known it) and she would have had to ask someone else. This weekend, I got the honors. As we were leaving the park (where she had been stranded), there were at least 6 or 7 patrol cars checking vehicles at the gate. I am sure they were checking for impaired drivers. Gave me the heebie jeebies, cause I know for sure, I would have been caught, had I been drinking.

Also, DH and I went out to eat on Friday night. This was the first time we had been on a ?date? since I quit drinking. I gave a lot of thought to where we should go that night- we usually go eat Mexican and of course have margaritas (and of course- I USED TO start before we even got to the restaurant). So- I chose Chinese Buffet. Great Success. We both drank water and ate like pigs.

Lots of other happenings over the weekend, including following my 16 year old daughter to the next town on Friday night (unbeknownst to her). She has just had a driver?s license for 10 weeks and wanted to drive On the Interstate, by herself, after dark,
                          (did I mention on a Friday night) to go to a homecoming dance. Hubs and I didn?t feel comfortable, but didn?t want to say ?no?- So after we finished our BIG SOBER Chinese dinner, we hopped on the interstate and lagged way behind her. She didn?t have a clue! We all made it safe and sound!

I am sure this is way more info about my weekend than anyone wants to know, But-just wanted you all to know, I could not have done it without you! :thanks: I checked in on the nest whenever I had a few minutes. And wanted to post-just was always so far behind in reading that I missed the opportune times to help anyone out.

I do want to welcome Dorothy and to commend everyone else on the great work (especially, my partner Dottie:goodjob

I also want to mention to Limonada that I really admire your planning for your future child?s life. I wish I had been so wise.

RC and Fin- our 2 resident Artists- Thanks for the entertainment! And precious kids, FIN!

Byrdie, Lola, Lav (and zoo crew)- Thanks for keeping us all in line.

Have a wonderful Sober day everyone!

P.S. Byrdie- what was wrong with those judges at the costume contest? They must have been sneakin? drinks in the bathroom or something! :dontagree: We all know your lil punkin was the real winner!

XOXO Star
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin: that Aden has perfect posture! Wow!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Wow, I tried to read all the way back but I just couldn't catch up. I caught bits here and there...I saw the latest installment of BSH...poor Stella, how are we going to get that chicken sober? And Byrdie, I cannot believe your little taco dog (chihuahua) didn't win...how DARE those judges not pick her? What is her name? I too have a taco dog, she "found" us by sitting on our front door step...I'm still looking for her owner, even though it's been over a year. LOL (I think we all know who her owner is now)

Yesterday after church we had a huge picnic, and there were a couple of drunk guys at the park that kept saying they were invited to the picnic, they said they received a "flyer"...yeah, we didn't pass out flyers and they didn't even know which church it was. So we called the cops and they got taken away after going through the sobriety tests. It was only 1:00pm, they were probably still drunk from the night before!

Fin, what a cute picture, are all 3 boys yours? My sister has six (yes six) boys...my poor daughter is surrounded by stinky boys. LOL

Well I need to catch up, this place is busy. Hope you're all doing well today. Remember, we CAN beat this beast!

K9 (Cougar)
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm very naive, please enlighten me. I just learned odat means one day at a time and AF is alcohol free.

I'm guess DH is dear husband?

What's IMAO?

What's BSH?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X