X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Alco-
    not dumb question- some of them took me a while to pick up on also-
    you are correct: DH usually means Dear Husband (according to Byrdie, it could also mean Damned Husband, depending on your mood).
    The ones with IMO, are "In My Opinion" - like IMHO, I think is In my honest opinion- not sure about IMAO
    BSH is a new one (this is the first I have ever heard of it and it is unique to the newbies nest I bet). From context, I get it- it is the Big Sober House
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish:
      Thank you!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1397602 wrote: Starfish:
        Thank you!
        And I thought DH was Divorced Husband. Oops!
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

How about dumb husband?!
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic: HAHA I think that one seems suiting!

Well, MWO I have failed again. Without even a second of a thought I found myself home with a bottle of vodka and a shot glass. The bottle has been dumped and I am starting fresh again today. Let's hear it for day 1 and let's hope that this is my last day 1 ever!!! I feel very ashamed of myself today!
            One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iam:
              But you dumped the vodka! So let's try again!
              Maybe instead of iamaquitter as ur name u should change to iamasurvivor? I love that song I will Survive. Kick Al out the door and YOU will survive!

No matter what, ima, we are here for you. You know what to do. Maybe you can shatter your shot glass, too?
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Alcoholic! I did go ahead and toss those stupid little glasses!
                One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome, Iam!!! You go girl!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iama,
                    It's important to identify what triggered you to buy that bottle of vodka.
                    Life is full of triggers & we need to plan ahead how we are going to handle them without AL.

Are you using the HALT acronym when you have drinking thoughts? Honestly, if you run that thru your head & address the trigger you won't have to choose to drink

Fin, love your pics
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav: I am not aware of the HALT acronym. Can you explain what that means? I am aware of what my trigger was yesterday. We went to a festival and on the way home we stopped at the store for a pumpkin. I instinctively went and got the pumpkin and then, like being on autopilot, went and got the bottle. Not a second thought about it. It was strange. Before I knew it I was home taking those shots and once I started I didn't stop. I've cancelled my plans for a Halloween Party next weekend so that I do not face that temptation again so soon. This is definitely a work in progress but with each "mishap" I am identifying more and more triggers and more and more ways of either dealing with them or avoiding them completely!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iama...Dick Head is very cunning. There are probably what? 20 avid posters here in the nest? I bet between us, we've had at least 9,231 Day 1's. You are here and that is the important thing...you just hit a pot hole, not the edge of the Earth!! Pull up a twig and we'll pass you the butt velcro! We are glad you're back!!

It's been a trying day (everything has been TRYING to get on my last nerve!). I'm looking forward to a nice hot bubble bath. Tomorrow will be a better day! Hugs to all, stay strong....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

IAMA- HALT=

Hungry
                          Angry
                          L
                          onely
                          T
                          ired

And Lav is so right. I am hungry right now and having a very weak moment. This is really bad for me because I need to drive home like this. Very challenging!

I am really glad I know about this trigger, understand what is happening and can be on my guard to kick that beast in the groin. OUCH :upset:

Really- I need good vibes sent my way PLEASE!

Thanks!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star...have a Snickers bar....you're not yourself when you're hungry! I just had 4 fun sized ones myself. It didn't make my day any better, but they sure taste good.

Just take it hour by hour and the next thing you know it'll be bed time... and so it goes. You can do it! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iama and Lav:

I'm not sure what HALT is either. But working w sexual offenders, gamblers, or any impulse disorders, there are little steps between the patient and the actual compulsive behavior. So for a gambler, there is the obsessive thought, there's the planning, getting the money, deciding when to go, where to go, going to the car, driving to the place, getting out of the car, u get my point.... All along the way the gambler could stop at any point. Like don't get the money, then there's no gambling that night, do I make sense?

So I don't know if you could, IAma, become more zenlike, and more aware of each step you make and then you can stop the chain reaction. But looks like you already did a very positive thing of canceling a potentially dangerous occasion next week so good job!!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

HALT this is what I have heard...don't let yourself get to Hungry Angry Lonely Tired....this all can lead to your DOC to fix..
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X