Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

6:50 pm: sitting in my message chair, my 11 year old son practicing piano, me enjoying another quiet AF night while compulsively reading and posting on MWO... Life is good!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1397862 wrote: 6:50 pm: sitting in my message chair, my 11 year old son practicing piano, me enjoying another quiet AF night while compulsively reading and posting on MWO... Life is good!
      Damn you and your massage chair! :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya: I meant to ask you, how did you get such a cool avatar to move?!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

limonada;1397794 wrote: Just in case you guys were curious, I have decided to pretend I'm not shy (LOL) and post a link to my blog that discusses the larger part of my detox (i.e. not focusing on the AL-related stuff, but more on exercise and nutrition) in case you guys were curious. I don't update it every day, but I do try to post once a week or more. No pressure, and I am not expecting any feedback. I just thought it might be fun to share. I've only posted like 5 things on it yet.

The Clear Year

Today I am working from home, which is good, because I feel extraordinarily low-energy and lethargic. Like I could crawl back into my bed and sleep for a week. You guys are so very supportive. Thanks for always being so nice to me. And it's definitely good to know that I'm not the only one having booze dreams!
          Thanks for the link Limonada - reckon you're gonna have some fans following you...

And on a drinking dreams note - I had my first last night. It's taken 36 sober nights for it to raise it's head, but last night it did. Dreamt i drank 2 pints and feeling ok, inasmuch as i i didn't want anymore, but p'd cos i'd got to 36 days... and now would have to revert back to one...

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin peeps !

Made it through day 3 - first time in many years ! Day 4 - itching subsiding too !

It's ALL good :-)
            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all didnt post the last few days as i went away for the weekend for my 40th bday! had a great weekend had massages on both days and oil wraps - heaven. i asked my hubby to book them late in the day as i knew in a previous like i would have had a few glasses of wine during the day as i was " relaxing" and it was my treat but as i was going to be getting pampered i wanted to put off alcohol as long as possible. i did have wine on both nights with dinner but no hangovers and no blackouts. was in bed both nights at 11.30pm and feeling ok. i am back on day 2 now today and i have made huge progress having more al free nights than before so i think i am moving forward although it seems like baby steps - thanks x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1397882 wrote: Kuya: I meant to ask you, how did you get such a cool avatar to move?!
                That is the way he came from the menu, kinda makes me jumpy, but also makes me laugh!

Well done quest and H40, as you say baby steps, this is a big ask and none of us became problem drinkers overnight

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting 4o, sounds like u had a great time turning 40!
                  Good job on limiting ur drinks on those days... Congrats!

Congrats to you, too, quest for key.

Looks like we are all hard workers here....

Not sure why I woke up at midnight to check on MwO site, what is wrong w me?!

Geez, sounds like those alcohol dreams are contagious on this site. I hope I don't get one tonight....
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

No dream for me last night, went into a granny coma & slept solidly until 6:30 am when the dogs decided it was time to get up
                    I'm watching my two young grandsons all day so I will be busy, to say the least!

Congrats to everyone continuing on their journey today & wishing a great AF Tuesday for one & all.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning everyone...I've been spinning my wheels a little lately - the past few days feeling really anxious and scattered....I was trying to figure out why it was making me think about drinking. I think i've figured out that since I was under the weather last week with that head cold - and doing lots of little favors for others...and then a big busy weekend with a party and hubby just arriving home -- that I was behind on lots of things. What a familiar feeling it was becoming - I hadn't felt well, so was doing kind of the bare minimum to get by, which is exactly what I did when drinking. So it wasn't that I was wanting to drink - I believe I was just experiencing a really familiar feeling. Well, OK - I did feel like a drink yesterday when on the phone with a tech support person that was a real pain! But I knew it wouldn't get my computer fixed any faster...:H

So today, my plan is to do some major catch up - so I can boot this feeling right to the curb. I feel so much more in control of my life including not drinking, when I have "things" under control....when there are baskets of laundry waiting to be put away, and dust on the furniture, phone calls to be made, I start to feel a little lack of control and it just starts to feel all too familiar. And I'm NOT goin there.

Before I get moving, I just want to say to hitting40 - first, Happy Birthday! And second - great job on limiting those drinks - but also throw a little word of caution....I know from my own experience that those little controlled "exceptions" to the no drinking - can really easily lead us right back to where we were. I know your plan is getting right back on the horse - and you did! You came right back here - but I just know how my own mind worked - that if I allowed myself a tiny bit of freedom, it soon escalated right back to a place I didn't want to be. It doesn't have to! So just be a little extra firm with yourself to stay on the right track. :-)

see ya!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all, Day 2 for me again! I have a wicked upper respiritory infection though so today should be a breeze. I am not usually a drinker when sick. Let's hope today flies by. Can't wait until the weekend. Going away for a couple of days with the hubby! Haven't done that in 5 years!!! Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check in later! Time to go back to bed and relax!
                        One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Happy birthday H40! Those massages sounded great and even though you dranknyou had a plan. But I am jealous of that massage chair. Is that u Kuyo? I sat in one at Costco one time. A little out of our budget. I could have easily bought it had i saved all the money spent on ALC ina year. IAM, how nice to get away with dh. I am jealous. I would love that.

Another beautiful day out. Going on a field trip. Still sewing costumes. Believe it or not that is a big trigger. a sewing project and a glass of wine. in the evening. i need to change to sewing prject and cup of tea in the early hours of the am. See, I can only get stuff done when the house is quiet. That time is limited.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey i found the nest!!!

well, thank you firstly to a lovely and inspiring welcome and also to brydlady for directing me to the "nest",, im back here after 4 years of crap, and fel not only very welcomed, but kinda safe and loved!!! i think right now its only my doggie that doesnt know how much i drink!!! she certainly knows when im drunk,, im an idiot.
                            since last fri nite, ive been hiding in my room, kicked hubby out, hes on the sofabed downstairs, and i can honestly say you guys are the only peeps ive talked to in the past few days,,, god im such a sad case, but then im not gonna dwell on it now, today , ive decided to get up, clean up and get moving again (first have a shower, xxx)

last night i did have my usual 2 bottles of the ole,, vino decollaspsable,, and felt bad, but i cant just stop.

so, today ,im gonna try and cut down by one glass at a time, i find thats the best way for me,, can never do af, but another trick i use , is leaving it another hour before i start, so, im gonna see how i go.

wish me luck!!!

hope every one here feels good today,, and once again,, thank you all for such a lovely welcome back,,, big cyber hugs to u all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:new::thanks::new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all; just a quick hello to let you know I am back on day 1! After so many slips, I could easily believe there is no point, but reading round here, there are so many long-termers who kept going until something 'clicked'.
                              So I will go again and keep believing that this time is my time!
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab:
                                Haha! Drinking wouldn't make your computer be fixed any faster! Funny!

Iama:

Nice to see u again! Donno why but u r an inspiration to me because u don't give up and u keep at it. the day you succeed we will be so proud but we will be cheering for you along the way.

When I use my phone to type Iama, the suggestion it cams up w was Obama, . Obama is a fighter too!

Ok, let's go have a successful happy productive day people!

I have to meet a very challenging client today whom we had disagreements before... It will not be pleasant!!! Wish me luck!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X