Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you, starfish and Byrdlady:
    I thought my growing belly was due to liquid accumulation from liver failure, but now I know it's just fat! . *sigh of relief, or is it?*
    No one in my family has alcoholism, but obesity runs in my family! At least I can blame my parents for something!!!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This one cracks me up...and you guys thought nothing could be worse on one of our long AF days...

Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just want to thank you all!

Went to my usual 7-11 yesterday w my son, bypassed all the wines and wasn't tempted. Proudly bought sugary and slushy and non-nutritious snacks without any alcohol.

Went to my usual CVS where I used to buy my wine in the morning, proudly presented my Starbucks coffee drinks without any alcoholic drinks. Couldn't have done it without you guys and mWo!!! (Just realized I might have written WMO many times mistakenly, oops).
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I come here with the best intentions....today is Day 1 (again). I am so tired of fighting this battle. I am terrified what I may have done to my health....I keep thinking - how many days of my life have I wasted in the past and possibly in the future, due to drinking. The money spent....the time spent, buying, hiding, passing out. Why is the "thought" of not having another glass of wine (poison) so difficult to imagine???

I am in the process of reading Jason Vale's book....Kick the Drink Easily. Some points I'm not sure what I feel about-such as, it isn't a disease. However, when you look at drinking alcohol-and know you are pouring poison into your body-having the preconceived notion it helps you relax, makes what you are doing more enjoyable, etc and realize it doesn't help you relax in the end, you feel terrible, pass out, are riddled with guilt and shame. I find it utterly amazing we humans do this to ourselves. We are the most intelligent creatures on this earth and we poison ourselves. We don't pour poison down our dog's throat, or pour some in the fish bowl...but we sure don't hesitate to pour it into ourselves. Well I have just given myself some food for thought.

Your encouragement is welcome and most appreciated. I am going to set some realistic goals and share them later today. Thanks for listening to me. Ginger.....and I admire all of you that go 2 days or 200 days or 20 years....My first goal will be 5 days.
          Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope... today is getting from one to the other.
          GOAL 1 - 5 days AF
          GOAL 2 - 10 days AF
          GOAL 3 - 20 days AF
          GOAL 4 - 30 days AF
          GOAL 5 - Set new GOALS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, Alco :goodjob: Feels great, doesn't it? Keep up the good work- it just gets better and better!

Gingersnap- :welcome: back! Yep, we all have been there and have the same thoughts and feelings you do. The great news is, it is possible to change
            You are taking steps in the right direction by hopping back into the nest, reading the Vale book and making a plan.

This is an awesome bunch of newbies and we are happy to have you on board :l

:h Star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ginger - Good to see you again...I'm so glad you're back! You're so right about us intelligent creatures voluntarily poisoning ourselves...you don't see animals doing that, they seem to have more sense than we do sometimes! BUT, you do have the mental capacity to realize what you're doing wrong, and then change it! The fact that you keep coming back is a good sign. It took years before it finally "clicked" for me. When the time is right, it will click for you too! Stay close and reach small goals for now. We are here for you!

Fin - Thanks for providing the Eye Candy. :H

RC - Your writing is amazing! So freakin' funny. I do hope we can get Stella under control...I don't want to see her end up next to the mashed potatoes! LOL (Love you Stella! :h)
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys - just checking in - just had tea so belly full on day 4 - tomorrow is day 5 - omg !!!

Hubby thought I'd cave today - but told me how proud he was of me that I haven't !

I just wanted to say if I can get this far - anyone can ! So take heart and keep going with your head held high xxxxx

Lots of love to u all xxx
                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1398064 wrote: Lavande: I echo this sentiment. I donno if you ever watch that show called House, but the main character at one point said the following which is very relevant here:

I lurrrrrve House !!!

Thanks for that x
                  Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Ginger. We've all had our fair share of day 1's. It's not about how many you have but how many times you pick yourself back up and try again. My goal is to be AF for life but no matter how many times I've tried I always end up right back where I started. But i don't let that get me down. I fall over and get right back up.
                    I am now on day 2 and doing great. I feel like crap but other than that doing well. Have had some whispers but nothing big, nothing I can't fight off for today. Hope everyone's having a great day!
                    One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome ginger!

Glad to see another newcomer!

Opinions are opinions. I think every individual is different and there are different kinds of alcoholics. Modern Medicine itself has only been around a few hundred years and a lot of stuff is just theories anyways! Just think Pap smears and ct scans and x rays... They haven't been around that long! So what do we really know about the brain?! Not much, in my opinion..
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

New today to this site

Hello everyone new here today and have been sober 3 day's, had a few weeks prior but really learning how to stay sober. Sounds crazy to say with a relapse only 72 hours ago but been going to AA everyday for the last three weeks and it's starting to make since. Acceptance today everything today is how it suppose to be today.
                        :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome PJ. I'm glad you found us. This is a really great supportive place to be. Read back at least a couple of days so you can get to know everyone. Post and read often and I hope that you'll find you can be honest and open and no one will pass judgement on you here!!! Good luck and hope to see you around MWO.
                          One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey PJ! Well done on your 3 days! You are operating under you own power now! We are glad you've joined us...we have lots of success here. Please find the Tool Box down below in my signature line...there are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you get thru the first challenging days and weeks....Don't be afraid to jump in here ....there is NO question we haven't heard ...someone will have a helpful word to say. So glad you found us, this place saves lives!! I'm one of them!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, PJ
                              Good to have you! I'm new too just 1 week. It's a cozy nest. It's keeping me sober! I would naver have gotten this far without MWO! Glad you found us! Hope u stick around!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why does going back to work tomorrow create such a trigger and urges start forming.....frustrating...
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X