Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! It's 9pm on my first day AF. I'm gonna make it. I feel soooo deflated. My mind is working overtime. I don't know who I am anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

dh is 16 year's older and we have talked about traveling some while he can. i would just semi retire for a while . next year is the plan so far
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to Go Change! Don't stress too much. We've all been on Day 1. I know that feeling you describe. Best advice I can give you is the same advice I got....take care of yourself, don't beat yourself up, eat well, stay hydrated, get all the rest you can and don't waste a lot of time abusing yourself mentally or emotionally. Things will get better each day that you don't drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dogwood Blossom;1398314 wrote: Way to Go Change! Don't stress too much. We've all been on Day 1. I know that feeling you describe. Best advice I can give you is the same advice I got....take care of yourself, don't beat yourself up, eat well, stay hydrated, get all the rest you can and don't waste a lot of time abusing yourself mentally or emotionally. Things will get better each day that you don't drink.
          Thanks Dogwood. I've made a note of your advice in my phone so I can refer to it at any time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie:
            Awesome! I'd semi retire if I could!!! Go travel and enjoy the world! What are you still doing here w an abusive boss?!

Hi, Change; this is a good place to be. Just remember when you are at the bottom, all you can go is up. So the future is bright for you! Just get better and you know how to do it!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Change=Freedom and PJsooner. I am new here too. This will be my second day with no drinking, and I know I'll get through it. I have been having a hell of a time sleeping, though, up to 3am the first night and 1am the second and that is with my usual sleeping medications taken at 9pm.

You're right Byrdlady, there is nothing relaxing about drinking for me anymore. It's just pure avoidance of the moment, and now that I'm sitting here in the moment, it's easier without the drinking. Just hauling the bottles around was exhausting. I switched from bottles to cans because bottles were too heavy for my exhausted body to carry home from the store and off to the recycling center. Just getting rid of the cans is overwhelming.

I do have work friends I've always drank with at team retreats and one close friend I used to drink with - she knows everything and is supportive, we do nondrinking things together and I'm sure she'll still do that - but in terms of my team and my parents too - Dad drinks mom doesn't - I'm thinking of ways to explain my not drinking. I'm not ready to say "I don't drink anymore" and deal with that transition (the guilt of the drinkers, the worry of the parents, the emotional weight of it all, it is interesting that quitting drinking as a mental health professional where I am is revealing you have a problem when drinking = not having a problem) so I'm thinking of explaining not drinking as a way to reduce my depression to my team and parents and lose weight to the rest of the world for now.

It is also interesting to me that the suicidal THOUGHTS - I want to make it clear here I have no intent to kill myself, and haven't for 20 years - I have people who would be harmed including my clients and also dogs to take care of, it's out of the question - but intrusive suicidal thoughts (images and 30 year plans) are what drove me to stop and for the past 2 days I haven't had any.

Bedtime for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am only staying u til the furnace is paid, dental work is complete and new year to get vacation pay.. means to an end
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1398318 wrote: Dottie:
                  Hi, Change; this is a good place to be. Just remember when you are at the bottom, all you can go is up. So the future is bright for you! Just get better and you know how to do it!
                  True 'nuff! Thanks again.

DorothyFree;1398319 wrote:
                  Welcome Change=Freedom and PJsooner. I am new here too. This will be my second day with no drinking, and I know I'll get through it. I have been having a hell of a time sleeping, though, up to 3am the first night and 1am the second and that is with my usual sleeping medications taken at 9pm.
                  Bedtime for me.
                  Thank you Dorothy. I didn't drink much yesterday as it was my last day of tapering off and I didn't sleep much either...hopefully tonight won't be as bad...for you or myself. Sleep sweet!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dorothy: I told my friends that I decided not to drink because I'm trying to get healthier or watch my weight.
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

What is ROTFL? Slay used it and I'm curious...
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alco - ROLF = Rolling On The Floor Laughing.

For your info, ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

And,
                        DUBWSIMGTSDMFUTBSALASDMFLMLO = Doubled Up Bent, With Stitches In My Gut, Tears Streaming Down My Face, Unable To Breath, Stumbling About Like A Sober Drunken M******F******, Laughing My Lungs Out.

Though no one seems to use that last one...

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC

TYFTC (Thank you for the clarification.)

Yea, that last one made me do exactly all those things listed! I can also see Stella doing this with me!

Keep us laughing to prevent us from drinking, RC! You are the best!
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Speaking of laughter helping us ,here's one I found helped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw[/video]]Bob Newhart-Stop It - YouTube

:H
                            as in I keep putting a poison into my body that adveresly affects ALL aspect of my life STOP IT
                            AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1398446 wrote: Speaking of laughter helping us ,here's one I found helped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw[/video]]Bob Newhart-Stop It - YouTube

:H
                              as in I keep putting a poison into my body that adveresly affects ALL aspect of my life STOP IT
                              :H:H:H:H

Patrick - I'm now late for work!!!!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love it, Patrick! Stop it! So simple, really. I'm going to throw that in my personal toolbox. Thanks!
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X