Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Cat, recognize this place?? Almost made it to Marin!

Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was looking for something to bring a smile and found this,while it did make me smile, as an alcoholic it also had a certain poignancy and reminds me both why I am here and why I'm never going back.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa_AcgMt6gE[/video]]Billy Connolly - Drunk and Hungover - As Usual - YouTube
      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1398648 wrote: Here's interesting post regarding dairy and health: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-ehIkwGME&feature=share[/video]]Dairy: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid It at all Costs - YouTube

What jumped out to me was that safe AL consumption is defined by dietary experts as 3 drinks per week, different days/nights. At that rate, why even bother? At my worst, I was at 10X that amount. Good grief.
        I was drinking about. 100 units a week. I worked out that I had drunk the equivalent of approx 300 years of safe drinking.

Which is why I am happy to say...... I have had more than my FAIR share, I quit! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya,

100 units a week = 5 pints a day

damn, girl how did you fit your life around your drinking?

AK
          AF since 1st Sep 2012
          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 38 in the Big Brother House

Day 38. Ten pm. Outside in inner outer part of the Sober Solar System Mr Head and Trigger are still attempting to work out to get into the inner inner part of the Sober Solar System, known as the Big Sober House. Mr Head has Trigger assessing whether there is any likelihood of them accessing the GABA receptor network which lies beneath the house.

Through the GABA network runs a battle between two armies. And, if this furious battle is released it can create a mighty havoc in the Big Sober House. How might this battle, this war between two factions, be released? Simply by drinking. The battle can be brought forth by booze.

Now, you might be asking, who, in Sober's name is the battle between and what is it all about? Well, it's an age old battle of linguistics. Of language. Of parlance. Of doric. It's an ancient battle between nations, for before white peeps colonised the New Worlds of the Antipodes and the Americas, there was the French and there was the English.

There were of course the Scot's also, but at the time when this battle commenced, they were to be found drunkenly slaying one anothers families in the likes of Glen Coe. They have since stopped slaying. Still drunk though.

And the battle was called...

Was called...

Sorry, IS called..

End, or Fins.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, for centuries the two great nations of France and England fought over whether the culmination; the completion; the termination; the denouement of anything was to be known as the END, or FINS.

These battles have been vicious, bloody, tyrannical in their nature. Many have died trying to overcome the battle of the End or Fins. Not that the End or Fins are necessarily bad, mind you, only that the English and the French got some kind of weird high out of battling their End or Fins battle.

Yes, when they were stabbed, mutiliated, decapitated, they got a high from the battle of End or Fins. They would add to their high with a dose of medicinal spirits... And these exact same spirits were used when they celebrated the high from winning one of the battles of End or Fins. And the English and the French soon realised that they could get the same high from drinking the spirits from which they drank to celebrate or commiserate the outcome of any End or Fin battle...

Subsequently the battle became not about language, but about who had the most grog. And as the years passed and the French tried to Frenchify parts of Canada, and the English tried to English-a-fy the whole of America (failing miserably) they brought the battle of End or Fins to these nations too. Soon everyone wanted a drink.

And now, the armies of End and Fins lie, waiting, patiently, underneath the Big Sober House. Mr Head's knows they are there. Trigger too. And they know that to release them from their somnolence beneath the floorboards, the housemates must drink...

STELLA: Hey, Pug, Chi - i'm away to the "shop" to buy some cigarettes. Want anything?

PUG/CHI: No Stells, we're good thanks.

Stella waddles off in the direction of the booze shed...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I could do 6 - 8 pints / day and that's 7.5% high octane IPA! Talk about tolerance build up. Dang...and it was costing me $12.00 / day. Good riddance, I tell you what.
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, Oh My DOG! (I'm dyslexic)! The Battle of End or Fins??? Bahahahaha!!! Dang how do you get a story out of scientific bloggery???? Just Geenyus I say!!! Ehehehe.
                Stella and that Booze shed! I know the feeling of how it calls a girl's name!! You are just a funny nut!!! The nest will never been the same!!!

Patrick, I've got that tune stuck in my head...AS USUAL!! You've been on a roll today!

Great conversations today! I think we have a moon to be awarded tomorrow!! Stay strong everyone...keep the End or Fins outside YOUR Big Sober House and off the GABA Network! XO, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Fin! Your fly's undone. Sorry, just being silly. Don't have the stamina of RC!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper! I was going to ask him if he had the correct time....such smart arses we are!! So good to see you!!! Snuggle in here next to me!! B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper;1398771 wrote: Hey, Fin! Your fly's undone. Sorry, just being silly. Don't have the stamina of RC!
                      :H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've driven across that bridge a few times in my life but have never crossed in on my hands!!! :H

I made the executive decision to kick dairy out of my life quite some time ago & boy do I ever feel better
                        I've lived for years avoiding ice cream, cream based soups, cereal with milk, etc. The only thing I truly miss is CHEESE! I love cheese more than most people :H The vegan substitutes are getting better (if you really use your imagination while eating them).
                        I use almond milk or rice milk when cooking/baking - works just fine
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav... I have braved the bridges of Cape Cod... but never the decision to kick dairy out of my life.. though I have wanted to for many, many years. Have you read "The China Study?" Got meat out of my life eons ago.. being a horse owner for most of my life... horse, cow, horse, cow... how could I eat one and not the other? Still having a tough time with eggs though... I guess the argument with me... is that because producing eggs does not kill the chicken, it's still okay for me to eat eggs... as long as the chickens are being raised humanely... Then, following through... cheese is produced without killing the goat... help here?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters! I'm sorry I have not had a chance to go back and read. I've had a crazy day. I just wanted to say thank you to all who sent wishes our way for the baby she is doing great. It was just low blood sugar. I will check in tomorrow when I have more time.
                            One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1398656 wrote: Hey Cat, recognize this place?? Almost made it to Marin!

I've been thinking all day about an appropriate response to this post, but Caper takes the cake. I cracked up here in my office, then actually went back to check.

Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

And I cross the GG bridge every work day. Never seen anyone doing a handstand. Geez, Fin, you got some talents.

Cat
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X