Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome newcomers:

It's always nice to see new people coming in to make a change for healthier life.

Didn't get much sleep last night but luckily work won't be too hard today. My fingers still shake and more pronounced when I'm emotional, and the increased appetite and weight gain. Other than that, I think I feel even less nervous than I was drinking!!!

I started drinking in college to battle anxiety and so it was a surprise for me to find myself a lot less anxious now. Maybe I just matured... Who knows.

Just do it one day at a time, one hour at a time if needed. There is quite a bit of info here about different ways to stay sober and help w withdrawal symptoms and cravings. I know I would not have had any AF days had I not found this site! So hang in there!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Calling Cat

WHERE'S CAT?
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just swooping in to say hi everyone-

Seems pretty quiet in the nest this morning. So good to see everyone doing so well. Welcome, Matchee- you have landed in the right spot and we are so happy to have you here with us. Sounds like you are doing great and like everyone else says, before you know it, things will be ?right as rain?. Just stay close to the nest and keep up the good work. Remember to skim through the toolbox and come up with a solid plan, if you haven?t done so already. Also be sure you get plenty of water and healthy foods (even nonhealthy foods if you feel like it . Just don?t let yourself get too hungry- that?s key for me, at least. Good luck, Matchee!

:h Star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Question

Procedural question. When we cross 30-days, should we really be posting somewhere else daily vs. the NNest? Where do people go once they're ready to fly? Just curious....
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gee, Fin- I don't think we get booted out of the nest just cause we make it to thirty days - otherwise i may have to slip up here real soon - JUST KIDDING-

Seriously, though I think we are welcome to stay here as long as we like (or need to) and personally, I am no where near attempting to fly out on my own just yet!

Holding on for dear life,
            Star

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, Fin, as you can see....some of us never leave!! It is totally your call...there aren't any rules per se...I hope you'll stay around. Personally, I felt a certain duty to extend the same wing that was extended for me....I was so scared when I flew in...and Lav and several others guided me along, time after time, falling out, but dragging myself back in. Just park wherever you are comfortable. No one will ever push you out!! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin Really wherever you feel comfortable. I actually tried going to some of the daily or weekly threads in the abstinence sections - but it's just not me - at this point. so I've always come back home. :-) I think the only general "guideline" is that - after your 30 days - if you decide to try moderation - to post in one of the moderaters threads.... it's just too hard for newbies (and oldbies - as in ME!) to read about someone who had a couple glasses the night before and was fine to stop there....it definitely gets my crazy brain to thinking I could do it too...and I KNOW it's not true. :-)
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star!!!!!! So am I!!! I find the constant reinforcement helpful.... your signature line sums it up for me!! Hugs, B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - day 6 - ha !!!!! Can't quite believe it !

The real test is tomorrow ......... Dread oh dread :-(
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin (and Cat too as I know you've asked this question also), as Lolab and Byrdie say, it's very much up to you. There are, for example, a few posts else where that i might post something on, not regular, but just if I feel it's something i want to add a comment to. However, for now, and only being on day 39, I'm happy to hang out here still.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and Fin, thought your reply to Irie was rock on good.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest...keep hanging on to that little rope there in your avatar! Remember, you will get your full moon tomorrow!! You'll have conquered every single day the week can throw at you! I had a rough spot, too, mine was 12 dang days...I just couldn't seem to make it over that hump! Until one day I did!! Day 13 was a defining day for me....THAT was the day that I really could see how this whole thing could work! I know you can do it! All you gotta do, is get thru this day!! B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin - NOBODY gets booted out of the Nest, EVER! Just try to make me leave! :H
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Quest, you found the Key- it's us!!!! :groupluv:

You are doing so well. Six days- WOW!!! :applaud:

Tomorrow is just another day, isn't it? Is there something special going on that will tempt you tomorrow? If so, see if you can avoid it. Otherwise, just stick close to the nest and make sure you have an ironclad plan. We want to be able to "moon" you on your 7th day! Surely you don't want to miss out on that???

:h Star

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's good to hear that we're always welcome in the nest. I feel like I'm roaming around sadly on these threads with no connection to anyone here. I'm on Day 51. Is my twig still available? I'm kind of quiet but I'll be supportive and I'm not failing at this quest!
                                ~nurdl
                                btw - I flip the bird every time I pass a liquor store. I just feels good and makes me :H
                                :notes:
                                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
                                X