Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lola, I understand, I'm having my own problems with newbies talking about drinking but to each his own. I sat down tonight to try and figure out why I do not want to drink, if I drink, my husband will die. Thats why I quit. I think I will write my story for all of you. Lala, you have been a great support to me, I feel it's my turn to give back.

As for how long a person should stay on the newbie thread, I feel as long as they need but they should not be made to feel bad for being here, good God. Fin, how many days do you have AF? and yet you are still here. K9 how many days do you have AF and NF but yet you are still here. I feel anyone who feels they need the newbie nest has a right to be here without predjudiced, JMHO
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I haven't posted for a couple of days but this is day 4 for me. And I won't drink tonight. I have been cleaning house, got rid of all cans, taking down cobwebs literally, I have neglected to get in corners and throw stuff out for a long time. I can't even see my workbench. I slept better last night after cleaning all evening, I think the exercise helped and I'm not able to do a whole lot more yet - it is also very cold here. Tonight I'm making stock in the crock pot and watching netflicks with Ice water.

My dog is a reason for me to quit. She's a young beautiful girl and she wants to play and go for walks, and learn tricks. Everybody have a good night, and thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dorothyfree: how wonderful to hear from you! Was wondering about you! Glad you made it to day 4! See you soon again!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY Dorothy!! on day 4! Stay strong buddy!
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I'm so gkad the nest is on autopilot :H
            I've been so busy & wrapped up in my life today......the whole day has gotten away from me!

Has anyone noticed my quit date in my sig. line? i'm still here

Everyone, if the nest is helping you then please stay but be mindful of one another's feelings.
            We are supposed to be helping one another, right?

wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, you are so right. I took a time out, I'm here for help not a fight. Thank you for the reminder. Good night and thanks for tucking me in lol.
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1399639 wrote: Lav, you are so right. I took a time out, I'm here for help not a fight. Thank you for the reminder. Good night and thanks for tucking me in lol.
                :l:l:l for you Stumpy, all will be fine, all will be fine

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love you Kuya and thank you for being there hugs.
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was sweet Stumpy about being tucked in, lol.
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl, you're sweet and I will know if you leave here and I will follow you into the night...got it?
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got it Stumpy, and thanks. I needed that. Sleep well wherever you may be.
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

The quiet after the hurricane...

It's quiet in the flat now.

They went out at the back of midnight and my whole body softened into the mattress and sleep bathed me under the weight of a 13.5 tog duvet...

For 90mins... until they all decided to return... One kid, dear love him', walked into my room thinking it was another's.

F**k OFF

I said bleary eyed and angry as hell. Even Beelzebub took a step in respect at this little human's rage...

It's the morning. Dark. Cold. I clatter around the kitchen a little more noisy than normal. Less angry, and thinking a keg of coffee laced with uisge beatha would get me through day.

I drink the coffee, leaving the lace of whisky.

Thank you to those who took the time to respond. Thank you to those who read.

Friday morning work out has gone to pot, so just going to go to work early instead.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC: you make the sober house peaceful. God bless you!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl:

did you find those apps? I have the big book and the one day at a time and a bunch of other ones. Let me know if you find any you like and I'll get it too!

Hope we both have a good day Friday!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Busy day ahead prepping for this huge storm making it's way up the east coast.
                                Wishing everyone a peaceful AF Friday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X