Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good luck Lav; storms are so tougher when you have animals. Hope you have help.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1399492 wrote: I hope this picture will brighten up your day. It sure gave me a laugh when I most needed

And with this.. I will control your Life! - Picture

Google Image Result for http://p.twimg.com/AvbNfyECAAANskS.jpg

BTW Fin, or anybody else knows how to insert a pic into a post?

AK
      Preview your post and replace the url tags with img tags.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1399486 wrote: And I am sorry you think that way and hope you change your mind. The atmosphere may change back to normal very soon. It was not my intention to make the atmosphere uncomfortable, but I would have to say it was uncomfortable for some of the newbies too who also decided to leave. Ultimately each of us have to find their comfort zone and hopefully you will eventually find this place to be comfortable again.
        Why did they leave? Because there was a perceived intolerance of moderation, or something? If true, no need to elaborate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Lots of drama here the past few pages, sorry but i cant quite grasp it but i hope that every one settles where they get the support they need to get.

stumpy, would love to read your story. i get lost sometimes on the daily boards and really like to sit and read the novel. I get so muchbfrom the story section of MWO.

Rc..when I first read your post this am I was thinking it was your kid that walked in the room. LOL. Had a coffee then it made sense. Sorry you had such a rough night.

Lav...the Frankenstorm is headed our way. At leastbwe dont have to make sure we have enough booze on hand!!

DH comes home tonight. So, got to get busy. Might be without power if this storm actually shows up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin:
            Yes. Hope you have a good day.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1399837 wrote: Fin:
              Alco, keep your chin up!!! This too shall pass.....
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks you, Daisy. That comment is one of my favorite!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday Morning Nesters :l

RC- Chroist- was that story about your flatmates true???? I thought it was a piece of fiction! You poor dear! We need to send Stella over your way. She and Lav may need to evacuate due to frankenstorm anyhow. You just say "the word" mate and we?re on it. Thank God that mess is over. If they act like that on Thursday night what WILL they do tonight? This has got to stop!

Habsfan- Welcome! You are doing great! A walk with my doggie always serves me well. It?s the little bright spots all added up that let us see just what we miss when we are drinking and numbing ourselves to what real life is all about.

Change- You?ve made it past day 3! That is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the good work! As Byrdie says, you are operating under your own power now since all the AL is out of your system. Your body is loving you for that!

Dorothy- You sound great, girl! Lately, I have relieved my home of a few cobwebs myself?.HAha, just last weekend, I had de-cob-webbed (is that a word) a corner of a room in my house and my DH jokingly asked me why I was taking the Halloween decorations down! :H Chilly days, warm home-made stock and puppy dogs are more of those little bright spots we miss when we are drinking. Enjoy!

All my friends on the East Coast and in the path of foul (sorry Stella) weather - wow, I feel for you! I am praying that storm does no harm, but just the preparation you have to go through (just in case) is always so emotionally draining. Stay strong!

Good day to those I haven?t mentioned: Fin, nurdle, Alco, Catbuddy, Dottie (hope your eye is better), Roonie, Allan (I know that background check is stressing you out, but they will just find out what a fine man you are), Kuya, K9, Lolab, Byrdie, Patrick, Audrey, Matchee, Daisy, Dogwood, Irie, Roadrunner and ...I am sure I have missed someone (sorry) :b&d:

Love you all!
                  Star
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1399837 wrote: Fin:
                    Ooookaay. I will have a great AF day. Same to you and be good this weekend, right? I can't believe Monday will be a full 4 weeks for me I mean, WTF? Crazy good feeling it is...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patch off but can’t see squat…this was more invasive than the cataract surgery…I have a black eye and can see the hand in front of my face but it is blurry…said this is normal…drops 4 times a day and it will take at least 8 weeks to be able to see well…so hubby is the chauffeur for now…
                      Didnt sleep worth a darn but am really glad it is over and no drinking made it much more tolerable.
                      back later,
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

:cheering::cheering:HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:cheering::cheering:

Fin - 4 weeks??!!! Holy smokes, that went by fast! You're doing awesome, keep up the great work. You're really showing AL who's boss

I hope all you east coasters batton down the hatches. I hope Stella and the girls are comfy and warm! Is this Frankenstorm the same as Sandy? My beloved little dog is named Sandy. LOL I guess I won't tell you guys that it's 80 degrees and sunny here. :sun:

Please everyone, stick close to the Nest this weekend, it's safe and comfortable here. No matter where you are in your quest for sobriety, there's someone here that can offer help. Remember that the weekend is not a pass to drink, it's just another 2 days. You'll never regret not drinking the night before.

Stay strong everyone!

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Fin. I've been watching you and all I can say is WOW! Great job.

K9, I'm alittle scared about the upcoming storm. I'm going to buy canned goods, lots of water lol before the stores run out of everything.
                          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin - You have another fan...Stumpy is watching you! LOL :H

I'm watching you too, by the way! (We should start a club...FINS FANS)

Stumpy - Yes, go stock up on the essentials! I can't even imagine, but it must be scary! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you :h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys, but I still have to make it through the weekend and I have a doosey of a challenge Sat night down in the big city where I grew up. One of my longest standing friends is throwing a major bender downtown and a bunch of us have rooms at this fancy hotel. These people are really fun. My AL history runs long and deep with them.

Did someone say, "STUNT BEER"? Or, I can dress up a tumbler of soda water, or Coke and call it a cocktail. Yeah, sugar / caffeine buzz should work.

Stumpy, where are you in all this? I don't see you on the Roll Call.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1399902 wrote: Hey Fin - You have another fan...Stumpy is watching you! LOL :H

I'm watching you too, by the way! (We should start a club...FINS FANS)

Stumpy - Yes, go stock up on the essentials! I can't even imagine, but it must be scary! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you :h
                                Ha! I'm a MAJOR fan of anyone who has the guts to take on this AF challenge. In my mind there is no higher calling at the moment than to dig deep and start living right. As all of you know who are on this new trajectory, it takes serious-serious resolve, discipline and true grit to face our respective lives 100% as they are -- i.e., no filters, blinders or distraction. And you know what? If only the general population knew our little secrete....that being AF is an extraordinary and thrilling experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X