X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Emily!

Rooni, whoa...thanks for sharing.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

This AF weekend I dedicate to my daughter. I will always catch you when you fall.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni, Matchee... like Byrdie said, we've all got our lists. But I applaud you guys for putting yours out there. I think most of us try to forget the horrible things we've done while under the influence. On the other hand, maybe it's the best way to prevent us from ever going back there. I also wanted to thank those who are concerned about us here on the east coast. I live on Cape Cod and thus we're the ones with our butts hanging out over the rail, so to speak. One of the things that I will put on my list... and am not proud of... was that in storms past... it was kind of an excuse to store up on booze... What? water? batteries? toilet paper? who cares about those things, right? But, this time it's different for me... And I hope it remains that way... Starting out again - without booze in the house... I hope my worst fear is running out of toilet paper... or ... maybe not? Ewww....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper, lol you live in New England like me. I just got back from the grocery store...everyone was out of their boobs, going nuts for food we won't even be able to cook if the power goes out lol I bought my bottled water as I do every week. Oh wait, I need to run and get some batteries, for what, I dunno know. I got gas in my car!!! I'm ready.
          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper Stumpy Lavande and all,
            Here we go. People are crazed here in Jersey too. Target has started laying out pallets of water, batteries etc in the aisles near the front doors. We've got food, water, batteries enough to run the battery operated sump pump, gas in the car, cash. Moving on to the more romantic side of Frankenstorm... candles, movies uploaded on ipads, books, teas, sparkling water and NO ALCOHOL. Funny that this IS the most important thing for many people.
            Be safe MWO family and stay in touch.
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - fantastic photo and what a nice thought. Enjoy your daughter this weekend.
              ~n
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck Caper, Stumpy, Nudl and Lav....we are buttoned up down here. It's beginning to get ugly out. My little chihuahua hates the wind...she and I fight over the space under the bed when it comes thru....Stay strong everyone...B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee - hang in there and shout out for help if you need it. Someone is always here.
                  ~nurdl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy... Glad to hear from you and that you are also battening down your hatches! You're right though... what in heck do we need batteries for? Was I planning on reading "War and Peace" by flashlight tonight? Maybe not. I guess it's good that you got gas in your car... But here on the Cape? With the bridges likely being shut down in the event of a really bad storm... where the heck am I going to go with gas or without it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl; Byrdie; Lav !! From the latest reports I've heard.. you guys may have it a lot worse than we here on Cape Cod. Please know that I am praying for you - that all of you get through this storm without losing any feathers.. Stella, you especially!

Comment

Newbies Nest

clarification

Hello Nesters, this is Renewal...also known as Mark. I created the Nest several years ago. I am no longer a visitor here, but was contacted today by someone who asked for clarification on a few things as she expressed there had been aa little friction here as of late.
                        -my intent in beginning this thread was to offer a safe and supportive place for newcomers to be. Whether they were abstaining from alcohol completely or moderating, nobody was turned away....or judged.
                        -people could stay as long as they wished. No pressure was ever placed after a certain number of days or milestone.
                        I've visited on occasion over the years and seen nothing but love and support here. I'm extremely proud of what the nest stands for and the people who occupy it. I realize virtually nobody here knows me (except Lav), but I truly hope everybody will continue to respect my original intent.....offering support and respect to each who visit....without judgement. Thank you for listening, and I wish you all the best.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal I just found this place about a month ago and think it is wonderful nest....glad u started it..
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl and all those fighting nature..... I'll pray for you! Sounds scary! Keep us posted!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal:

thanks for clarifying the intent of this thread. I hope everyone will feel more comfortable being here now regardless how long they have been here and what their drinking goals are.

Thank you, Renewal!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hiyou, im being very naughty and sauntered dowwn whilst my husband is asllep. i think,
                                just logged on and im scared of some of this?
                                i was told the newbees nest would be rather a lovely spot to rest in,,? im not sure now,,, im a mega new person, and dont know my way around at all, so i may have gone to the wrong place? oh dear,,, i may have ,, oopps im sorry ,, but im very silly and dont really know this place yet!! oo forgive me ? im so sorry xxx maybe i need to not come down on my own again? ,,, shit(oops for sweary) im very very sorry xxx
                                kb 1 xxx, nighty night x nighty night xx sorryy xx

Comment

Working...
                                X