Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

RO is an abbreviation for Reverse Osmosis, a type of filtered water for aquariums.....but somehow I doubt that is what your phone is telling you.........:H
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omg I lost it at the Veteran with tissues. Welcome vet. Your nickname has been lovingly set in this virtual world. What a nice way to wake up. Love to all.
      ~nurdl
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nelz:

Lol...I'm impressed that both you and my phone know what reverse osmosis is!!!!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday everyone! My friend just called to warn me about some DUI checkpoints going on in Raleigh this afternoon. But she didn't have to bother. I'm sober. Hell, I might even go through one just so I can tell the cop that I haven't had any alcohol. Hopefully he'll make me prove it to him with a sobriety test and a blow into the breathilizer! LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1400500 wrote: Happy Saturday everyone! My friend just called to warn me about some DUI checkpoints going on in Raleigh this afternoon. But she didn't have to bother. I'm sober. Hell, I might even go through one just so I can tell the cop that I haven't had any alcohol. Hopefully he'll make me prove it to him with a sobriety test and a blow into the breathilizer! LOL
            HaaaaHaaaaHaaaaa I think you should go for it................PPQ

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good late morning Nesters & welcome Vet & New Beginning!

Taking a short break from hurricane prep. Is it worrisome that the Governor declared a state of emergency yesterday for Pennsylvania where I live?

Glad to read people's successes today, keep them coming
              I'll be back later......hopefully!
              Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!! Gosh it's great to see success and folks giving this all they've got!! DoroFree, DAY 6!!!! You are a rock star! Did you EVER think you'd do that? Well done to you!

Nelz...thanks for popping in with that annoying Richard Simmons greeting....now I have an ear worm. Hugs to you.

Vets...I'm so glad you found us! You are going to find great support here, I am so happy you found us!

Emily! Day 2!!! Great job. Every single day you put between you and AL is a WIN!

My New Beginning...so glad to see you! As you know, between Kuya and I we have about 9,731 Day 1's. Today is a new day....you can do it!

RC, there are just NO words!!! Even with no sleep you are killing us!! In this last installment, it sounds as if Dick Head has had a few too many (Twigga?) I just knew that you were going to use the RO comment as a setting on Alco's chair!!

It's getting a mite windy here on the coast of NC! A storm is NO reason to drink...in fact, there really are NO good reasons to drink! The past does NOT equal the future...Stay strong Nesters! So glad to see everyone! I need to go see the roll call, I think we have some full moons today! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy AF Saturday to all. I feel pretty darn good today...still cant see but otherwise good. It will take up to 8 weeks for this to heal...wish i could take off work that long but cant..darn...but off on sick leave until next Wednesday so that is a really, really good thing....
                  Going out to breakfast then run a few errands...glad hubby is driving...
                  Back later,
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

DottieB, thanks for the update! Stay off that eye!!! Gentle hugs, B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roon
                      I wish they would record all the passed breathalyzer tests on our records too
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

State of Emergency declared for NJ. Coast being evacuated. Glad I'm AF to keep up with the preparations.
                        ~nurdl
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Geez, you guys on the East Coast are dealing with a doozie. There isn't much we can do here, but lend an ear. I'll light a candle for you.

Catbuddy
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emily, I was just checking roll call and saw your comment....I found that if I had a bad day, the next day wasn't....I never had (or have) 2 bad days in a row. This is a merciful phenomenon....if it stayed as hard as it is the first week, none of us could do it!! Your emotions will be all over the place, just realize that this is normal!! You are doing great....we are so glad you're here! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

east coasters

hiya all over there on the east coast!!
                              just sending you my prayers that you are all fine,,, bloody mother nature,,,
                              hope its not too bad for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              sweets xxxxxx:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys!

I'm really busy, but I just wanted to pop in and say that yesterday was 30 days!

Aside from the occasional pang—watching people in movies drink champagne, reminiscing about mimosas with my best friend (which I shouldn't, because it often turned into our filling juice bottles with cocktails and roaming the streets and my somehow ending up embarrassing myself while she remained reasonable)—I am doing better than fine.

I do want my hat, though!

Comment

Working...
                                X