Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Limonada....Wow...it is an HONOR. On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, here is your well-deserved hat! :bday3: I am so proud of you!!! You know I always love a speech, do you have a few words? What have you learned about yourself? We have several hats going out next week, too. This is such a milestone. Well done!! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Bryd

Thanks for that - I've settled down now but a few hours ago I was very grouchy to say the least. Probably because that was the time of day on a Saturday (5 pm) that the wine would appear! It's now 9.15 pm and in much better humor now. On a huge plus I feel my energy levels are going up already and cooked a meal and made healthy cakes tonight too so hope to get some exercise in tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is the nest is doing ok too, x
      Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1400469 wrote: Omg I lost it at the Veteran with tissues. Welcome vet. Your nickname has been lovingly set in this virtual world. What a nice way to wake up. Love to all.
        ~nurdl
        It is wonderful to be welcomed into such a great community and included into such an enthralling tale of heroism. However, parodying my name? I've killed men for less...:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slipped up

I had been AF for almost six months and I blew it last night. I feel like I need extra support and I have never been one for meetings. I need to admit it to someone or I will never be the honest person I'm hoping to be in sobriety. I beat myself up for most of the day and then I found this community. Reading all these posts helped. You all show such strength and hope. Thank you. I want to work harder at a sober, healthy life. So tonight I will help my mother cook dinner (I don't help enough when I visit home and I think it will get my mind off things) and I'll work on a new next six months. I did it before and I can do it again. The past is the past. All I can do is work to be better for the future.
          "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams

Strength
          Endurance
          Commitment
          Attitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Laurel...In my eyes, six months is a huge accomplishment! As long as you don't fall back into the depths, I feel that the slate can be wiped clean. You have done and are doing a great job!! Now back to the grind! Take care.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Veteran With Issues;1400597 wrote: However, parodying my name? I've killed men for less...:H
              ops!:

Eh... Lav?... Byrdie? ... Lolab?

Shoot.

Dang.

Goddamit.

Ehm... Heheh.... eh.... Cat? ...

Fin...?

:anyone:

Tissue-boy has just said he's killed men for less...

And i thought this site was suppose to help you STOP drinking...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Laurel - welcome to the nest.

Listen to the Vet' - he's right. You have done what i sure as hell have not been able to do (yet): go 6 months AF. That is some mean feat. WELL DONE. If you're dedicated to being AF, which it sounds like you are, then forgive yourself immediately, and keep marching forward with your head held high.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emily! Great job on getting thru the day!
                  Vet's...Noted.
                  Sweets....glad to see you in the nest today!
                  Laurel....The Past does NOT equal the future. Just by coming back here makes this a brand new day. It only takes a couple of good AF days until you'll feel right as rain again. AL is a cunning opponent. You know how it's done, so we'll be right here to help you. If you are like me, it just gets exhausting after a point. I hate AL. I hope you do, too.

Sandy is approaching...our highest gust so far is only a 33, but we hours many hours to do. Stay safe everyone! Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters, hope everyone had a great AF day.
                    Welcome Laurel, glad you found the nest! You will find lots of support here.
                    Congrats on making 6 months AF! To have a 1 day slip up, well, I bet most everyone here has had at least one. Good for you to take positive action to deal with it and if you found MWO as a result, well, that's a good thing. Again, welcome!
                    Today is Day 4 for me.
                    Hope everyone has a great AF Sunday. And, for those in the path of hurricane Sandy, hope you stay safe. Your friends in the nest will be thinking of you.
                    Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Make sure you are fully prepared for the Frankenstorm

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, you're the one that wrote Vets in the script.....you are on your own, buddy!! Eheheh.....
                        Lola and I have been complaining that K9 has better writers than we do, but you are giving her a run for her money!! If Stella is out trying to get to the booze shed in this weather, well, more power to her! It's FOWL outside!! :H

Habs, cross post! GREAT to see you..and on big day 4!! At day 7, you'll get a full moon from me and the nesters! So happy to see you making forward progress!

I will give you the blow by blow on Sandy!! I feel really bad that we are having chicken for dinner (sorry Stella)...NEW Newbies, just read back a couple weeks and you will see what we are talking about. Stay strong everyone, we can beat this together! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC your photo is hilarious!
                          :notes:
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Renewal/Mark - I think of you often! I wonder how you are. You created a wonderful place for people to gather for support. To give & to get. I hope you know how thankful we all are that you did this. You are a special person. :h:h
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all my NN buds. If you are living on the east coast of the USA...you guys take care of yourself and get those supplies together. Praying everyone stays safe....
                              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to the Nesters! I just wanted to pop on and say that I second everything Nora said! I don't post much any more, but the Nest was my home for such a long time! Keep up the great work everyone. Thank you Renewal/Mark! A special hello to Lav! Hope you are well!

Comment

Working...
                                X