Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
    Hope you are hanging on with both hands tonight!!!!
    Nope much happening here yet, just very cloudy skies.

My grandson (4 yrs old next month) asked me today what a 'monster storm' is. He wanted to know if monsters were going to rain down from the sky ~ I told him that I hope not

Hello & welcome Laurel!
    Glad you decided to join us today. Congrats on your AF time, apparently you know what you need to do. Do you know why you decided to drink yesterday? We have to address all of our triggers, every single one of them to stay sober. Take a look in the health store here on the site. The MWO Hypno CDs were exceellent in helping me to change my thinking about AL

Greetings to everyone tonight & wishes for a safe night in the nest.
    I've been busy all day gearing up for the so called monster storm. I still have tomorrow to take care of anything i've forgotten. I will give Stella & the girls a good talk tomorrow, load them up with plenty of fresh water & feed & wish them the best!!!! :H :H

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings to FD & Chops
      Yep - all hunkered down for the big storm!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hunkered down. Watching football. Go Irish! Welcome Laurel, Vet, anyone else. This is a great place to be. And Rooni. Been thinking about your list. My list would be the things I didnt do because of Alcohol. Either way. Pretty sad.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mark/Renewal, so good to see you checking in. I hope we are carrying on in the fashion you intended. As I have said many times here....this little place saves lives and I am one of them. Thank you so much for having the foresight to create it! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Laurel: welcome and don't beat your self up! Just pick yourself and walk forward. You can determine your future and no one else can!!!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing well on this cold Saturday night...still cant see well...so I am going to watch tv upstairs and go to sleep...
              Stay safe folks in the path of the bad weather.....
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick late night post nest mates. Welcome vet and laurel! Congrats on your 30 days limonada ! RC you are priceless. Dottie- glad you are feeling better.

I decided on the spur of the moment to take a road trip to visit my sisters today. Having fun and doing well. Been thinking of all of you and hoping everyone is well.

Byrdie and Lav and all other east coasters hold onto your hats! Prayers all around.

Nighty night!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys. I had a couple (literally) of drinks earlier at a party. (I'm not posting drunk, I'm dead sober, I left the party 6 hours ago.) I don't think I'm ready to abstain completely even though I know it would be ideal. I'm not going to start from Day 1 again in the Roll Call because I don't do well with failure and I feel like I failed. I'm just not going to post in there anymore. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm a world apart from where I was just a short time ago and that there are shades of grey in this world. I tend to see things in black and white and I'm not going to let myself think I've failed and be hard on myself. I'm unbelievably hard on myself and I want to learn to be a bit kinder to myself. I can't achieve my dream of being free of my alcohol problem if I kick myself into the dirt.

Comment

Newbies Nest

change=freedom;1400732 wrote: Hey guys. I had a couple (literally) of drinks earlier at a party. (I'm not posting drunk, I'm dead sober, I left the party 6 hours ago.) I don't think I'm ready to abstain completely even though I know it would be ideal. I'm not going to start from Day 1 again in the Roll Call because I don't do well with failure and I feel like I failed. I'm just not going to post in there anymore. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm a world apart from where I was just a short time ago and that there are shades of grey in this world. I tend to see things in black and white and I'm not going to let myself think I've failed and be hard on myself. I'm unbelievably hard on myself and I want to learn to be a bit kinder to myself. I can't achieve my dream of being free of my alcohol problem if I kick myself into the dirt.
                    Don't beat yourself up! And don't leave because of it!

If you reduce your drinking you are reducing the harm, clearing your head and regaining balance. For now just try for as much AF as possible so that healing can occur.

Ultimately you will find the right path for you, just never dive back into the bottle thinking it is hopeless. There are many paths out of this darkness.

:l. KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Change:
                      Ideally none of us want to drink any more. But keep shaming ourselves will not help either. Just pick up from where you are at, remember to do as little harm to your liver and brain and family as possible and then go on. Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow you can be whoever you want to be!

Good luck staying sober today and always!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1400733 wrote: Don't beat yourself up! And don't leave because of it!

If you reduce your drinking you are reducing the harm, clearing your head and regaining balance. For now just try for as much AF as possible so that healing can occur.

Ultimately you will find the right path for you, just never dive back into the bottle thinking it is hopeless. There are many paths out of this darkness.

:l. KY
                        Thanks kuya. Your post made my eyes smart, but I'm feeling better now.

I'm not going to leave the forum. I just can't do the Roll Call anymore because I don't want to set myself up for feeling like this if I mess up again.

You're right. As my head clears and my body heals and I regain balance, things will work out. Yes, I must never, ever, dive back into the bottle. I will get to that place where I want to be. And I realised after I posted it, it isn't my 'dream', it's my 'goal' to be free.

Alcoholic;1400734 wrote:
                        Change:
                        Ideally none of us want to drink any more. But keep shaming ourselves will not help either. Just pick up from where you are at, remember to do as little harm to your liver and brain and family as possible and then go on. Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow you can be whoever you want to be!

Good luck staying sober today and always!
                        Yes, family, that is very important to remember, as well as the rest of it of course. Good reminder. Thanks for your support, Alcoholic.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Change - good for you! You are wise to realize that you could be setting yourself up. And be upset with yourself (think you failed). I did that to myself for a long time. Now, I strive to get as much AF time as possible. I am doing so much better. And, I have found out that it's better to be AF.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;1400739 wrote: Change - good for you! You are wise to realize that you could be setting yourself up. And be upset with yourself (think you failed). I did that to myself for a long time. Now, I strive to get as much AF time as possible. I am doing so much better. And, I have found out that it's better to be AF.
                            Thanks Nora. Good to hear that someone with a similar mindset is breaking free. Very happy to hear you're doing well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is worth remembering that alcohol is easy to stop but the hardest to stay stopped due to its social access ability and acceptability.

We are far from alone in this problem. There are 6 billion people on the planet and apparently approx 7 % of us are alcoholic. These statistics alone make me feel a lot less lonely!

Chin up, everything will be just fine!

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1400744 wrote: It is worth remembering that alcohol is easy to stop but the hardest to stay stopped due to its social access ability and acceptability.

We are far from alone in this problem. There are 6 billion people on the planet and apparently approx 7 % of us are alcoholic. These statistics alone make me feel a lot less lonely!

Chin up, everything will be just fine!
                                You, me, and 41,999,998 others. OK, that's a fair few!

Yes, everything will be fine, in fact everything *is* fine :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X