X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I have a nap scheduled myself MNB :H
    Just hang in there today, OK?

Greetings everyone & Star - I won't bring Stella in my house until hell freezes over - trust me :H
    She will just have to deal with the wind & the rain in HER house, not mine
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Happy Sunday!

So glad to hear from Emily and change.

Emily:
      I'm no expert on kudzu and l glut but there is a section on meds that other members posted about these two supplements. I'm taking them and they are doing wonders for me. I would never have gotten this far without them so I credit most of my success to these 2 wonderful supplements. And if you do some google on the web you can see the original studies written on these two supplements and find out what dosages they used in those studies.

Change:
      Like everything else there is the glass half empty/half full analogy. So always try to look at the bright side: you did not fail: the 6 months of AF you gave you liver a break from alcohol and to heal, and then you are now trying to be nice to your liver/ brain/body again, this time for the rest of your life, but one day at a time. If you fail one day, pick yourself back up and don't ever forget your friendly organ liver that resides in your body .

Good day everyone and stay positive always and let's all have another successful day at our goal!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic;1400970 wrote:
        Change:
        Like everything else there is the glass half empty/half full analogy. So always try to look at the bright side: you did not fail: the 6 months of AF you gave you liver a break from alcohol and to heal, and then you are now trying to be nice to your liver/ brain/body again, this time for the rest of your life, but one day at a time. If you fail one day, pick yourself back up and don't ever forget your friendly organ liver that resides in your body .
        I have to agree 100% with Alco. Look at it this way. You had SIX months of sobriety? Man, do you know how many of us would LOVE to say that? You're doing great! And so your Dick Head voice convinced you to have some drinks. And you did. And you know what? You hated it! So you just confirmed why you quit drinking in the first place, and now your resolve is that much stronger! To say you learned something valuable from the experience is an understatement!

Keep up your chin, and keep posting so we can all follow your example! Six months is AMAZING from my viewpoint! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all.
          Getting cold here in Ohio...not liking this at all..
          I am using the supplements AND the CD's. I really think the combo is why I am finally able to string a few weeks together. Listening to the subliminal one every night as I try to sleep...wish I knew what it was saying to me...I listen to the hypnosis ones as I have time...not as big a fan of the sleep one as the background sounds are not as soothing as the subliminal ones...at least to me anyway...
          Off to run a few errands.
          Back later
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1400972 wrote: I have to agree 100% with Alco. Look at it this way. You had SIX months of sobriety? Man, do you know how many of us would LOVE to say that? You're doing great! And so your Dick Head voice convinced you to have some drinks. And you did. And you know what? You hated it! So you just confirmed why you quit drinking in the first place, and now your resolve is that much stronger! To say you learned something valuable from the experience is an understatement!

Keep up your chin, and keep posting so we can all follow your example! Six months is AMAZING from my viewpoint! :goodjob:
            Just wondering if we're confusing Change=Freedom with LaurelBranch? Either way, I feel everyone here is doing a wonderful job! This forum has been a great inspiration to me thus far. I find great ideas and motivation here. I just hope that my sarcastic sense of humor hasn't (nor does) offend anyone. I'm actually a pretty good guy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Veteran With Issues;1401123 wrote: Just wondering if we're confusing Change=Freedom with LaurelBranch? Either way, I feel everyone here is doing a wonderful job! This forum has been a great inspiration to me thus far. I find great ideas and motivation here. I just hope that my sarcastic sense of humor hasn't (nor does) offend anyone. I'm actually a pretty good guy!
              hey VT, we can do sarcastic humour... indeed we can often like it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

that was not me being sarcastic, ok?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like all humor, the more sarcastic the better.

I might have confused the sober times of different people. My little Iphone screen is hard to navigable back and forth to read while I type. So I'm very sorry about mess stuff up.

Plus alcohol destroyed most of my brain cells so I can't remember things correctly, and my fingers are too shaky to type the right numbers on the keypad You know..... That dxxx Al just destroyed my sensibilities, my political correctness, my ability to do research in more discreet manner, and forgetting to hide my identity of a nonalcoholic ...

But alas, my massage chair is working now!!! So whew. I'm gonna be all right afterall.
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1401129 wrote: that was not me being sarcastic, ok?
                    Hahaha! I got ya.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is day 6 for me. I had a good birthday this year, first without drinking in many years, I don't know how many. Cooked for the ex and worked some on a feral cat shelter, I'm still working on that, it's an isulated box for the feral cat that lives in my yard. She's semi-feral. You can feed her and pet her once with an open hand, but no grabbing. I picked up bags of other people's leaves and spread some on the garden as mulch to reduce weeding. I've missed years of this because of Sunday drinking. I am thinking about my garden and feeling very good, avoiding work today and I'll pay for it over the next 2. So I may not get on.

Change=freedom, I think self compassion is the way to go here too. Be gentle with yourself, and keep moving. Your name is inspirational to me, drinking has imprisoned me in so many ways.

I'm not going to drink tonight, and I'm pretty sure about tomorrow, too. Thank you all for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone is doing great!!
                        DorothyFree, getting back into my yard was worth the price of admission. I tried not to start my weekend drinking until 10:30 in the morning , so that didn't leave a lot of time, energy or motivation to do else. There at the end, I couldn't even drive over the weekend because I was perpetually drinking.

Vets and New Beginnings, Day 3 is big! All the AL is out of your bodies and you will be operating under your own power. D3 was a big day for me....it proved to myself it wasn't just a fluke.

Stay safe in the nest tonight. B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I wanted to stop by while I still have power. This monster storm is taking it's sweet old time to get here. I'm about as ready as I possibly can be

DorothyFree, congrats on yor 6 AF days - what a great feeling, huh?
                          I've done quite a bit of gardening the past few years, you'll enjoy your new freedom as well. Happy Birthday btw

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest. I'm sticking around as long as the power gods are with me :H

Hi to Byrdie too! Apparently you still have power - great!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy bday dorothyfree!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I remember reading that there is some kind of counter so when you pass 30 days it counts for you...dont want to lose track of my progress....getting close to 30.....
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi

Thank you Byrdie & Nora for the kind words. Chopper and Lav, great to see you again. Byrdie, to answer your question, YES, I am extremely proud of the Nest and what it has become. I visited this weekend because I was PM'd and was told there had been some friction in the Nest as of late with some newcomers. I'm not around here to know what's been going on...all I can say is this. When I created the Nest, it was to offer a 'saafe place for newbies to fall.' All were to be welcomed, and none were to be judged. I can only hope that this basic wish is followed and respected. The Nest is yours...each of yours. I brought it to be and all of you through your sharing and support have made it what it is today. I admire and respect each of you. Continued success, and preserve this 'home' to what it was designed to be.
                                Mark (Renewal)

Comment

Working...
                                X