Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Goodnight nesters.........Congratulations everyone on their successful days. Day 2 for me. It was a rough, rough day. Not because of being AF but just the stress overload. Heading to be now to prepare myself for Day 3.
    Goodnight nesters. Here's some hot chocolate to warm your tummies and help you snuggle in.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here

Hi all - this is my first time and it's great to be a part of this community. Everyone's stories are so inspiring. I have tried numerous times to give up AL but without success. I've tried the CD, vitamins, Naltrexone, Antabuse, read books, tried using the secret, it seems my brain doesn't want to connect with my willpower. So I've finally decided I am now ready to try Bac. Can anyone tell me approx. how many 10mg tabs I can expect to go through in a month and the best online site to buy them from?

Any help is gratefully accepted
      Here's to beautiful AF thoughts for tonight.:new:
      :wings:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:

Hi zbeam,

Pleased to meet you. this is a fantastic site in terms of advice and support, so providing you stay connected, and provided YOU really want it, you will be successful.

Love, Sunbird :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

You're all sounding great today Sunbird, Chicken, Sunni & NoraC!

A warm welcome to zbeam! Pull up a comgy twig and settle in the nto the nest
          I've not used any meds myself but I would advise you to pose your question in the meds section. I'm sure you will receive lots of help there!

It's a dark, rainy day in my neck of the woods today so I'm looking for some indoor projects to keep me occupied. I'm sure I'll find something worthwhile to do

Have a great AF day one & all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peepers!

*sigh*
            I'm gonna need a LOT of support in the days ahead. Loooong story.. I have to go back 'home' to my place... make sure my tenant (ex-friend) is actually moving out and preferably with only her stuff.. not mine. Then need to assess the damage and necessary repairs to get my place ready to sell. And, of course, I have no extra cash for all the stuff that's needed. On top of that... this is very emotional for me, as this 78acre property was MY dream and I fully planned on leaving it feet first. However, a house/property is just that... it's the people living there who make it a home. And it is neither practical nor conceivable for a variety of reasons for Mr. Wonderful to move in with me... hence I am living with him now.

Anyways.. I may end up leaving tomorrow on my own and I will definitely be tempted to get smashed and cry my eyes out - and I won't have Internet. I'll take a laptop with me and head over to friends to use their wireless, though.

Other than that, I'm great! :H

zbeam - welcome.. and yes, post your Bac questions in the meds forum! I know that ZenStyle is keeping a very extensive log of her doses and such.

Mtntop and Sunbird... congrats on 5 days... you're doing it!

Fernanda - I priced the supplements here in Canada and ended up buying a pack from this site... turned out cheaper. On that note... Chicken, I also have trouble finding L-Glutamine and I just don't want to ask the pharmacist (VERY small town here).

Nora, hop on up here on the SUT (smarten up twig) - I'll scooch over

Lav... Hah! I actually have a sunny day! Don't matter much, 'cause I'm stuck in my office
            Hope you'll have a productive, fun day indoors!

Ok, time to get motoring... everyone have a grand day - will check in again later!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Hope

Thanks to everyone for your quick response, I'm going to put my meds Q to the meds forum. Plus I'll join Poppy for a week AF to start and see how i go.
              Beautiful AF thoughts today
              Take care all :0)
              :wings:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like we had a pretty successful day here, does my heart good

Sunni, I'm sorry you have to give up your property, that is stressful. I know you are attached, you talked about it before. I hope the transition goes well and your tenant hasn't made too much of a mess. Stay strong, you'll be in my thoughts!

zbeam, hope you found a comfortable spot in the nest!

Good night all, looking forward to another successful day tomorrow
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav!
                  I will be thinking of all of you and check in when I can. I'm hoping to be back in 4 or 5 days *uggh - This is only the first of several trips.

Oh.. btw.. end of day 6 It's coming along...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Sunshine our hearts are with you. Take care on your trip. And wtg on six days!

Hello zbeam, welcome and good luck on you af week.

The end of day 24 af for me, and another scary weekend coming up. I thought this was supposed to get easier. Too bad I can't stuck in groundhog week for a while - weekdays are much easier. Oh well, I've survived this far... Good night all.
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon the Nest!

Well just knocked off work and home for lunch! Trying to psych myself up to a workout or exercise thingie....but the intent is kind of mild!
                      Have a few hours of me time and just feel like being chilled and uproductive. Collect the kids from Day care in about 2 hours time,then off to Mum's for my sister's b'day tea!
                      Tomorrow is frighteningly busy and I shudder to see how I shall fit everything into the day..but oh well,come as it may!Will need Sunday to recover I think:H

Spectacular effort Tranq..you should be so chuffed with yourself! But yes, weekends are a wee bit scarey for me too..fell down last weekend didn't I!:durn:

Sunshine..I hope it goes smooth and that everything pans out well for you! It is hard to leave a place that you love and have memories there, but you will make others that are equally important in your new home!

Hi Lav... hope your weekend is a good one too.What will you be getting up to?

How are you fairing NoraC..better day?
                      Sunbird and Zbeam how goes it with you also?

Keep strong and happy ALL!
                      Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day Seven

Morning Peepers...

Real quick... the morning ferry is booked *damn* so I'm still here. On the upside, this gives me just a little more time here. Thank you so much for the well wishes - I feel a little better - we had a change of plans and Mr. Wonderful will be coming with me today.

Wishing all of you a fantabulous weekend - talk soon!

:l to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters
                          Sorry I have not been around much. I am preparing for my Travel assignment in Dallas, TX. I am leaving New Hampshire on Tuesday. Hope all are well. Football season has just begun; always makes me a happy girl.lol
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Happy Friday! TranqWilly, don't fear the weekend - conquer it!!! You have the strength, I know you do I love Sunni's line - Drinking is not an option! Use it, I do!

Chicken, you sound good! Are you prepared to keep your focus going this weekend? Stay busy girl, it really helps. My weekend will be busy keeping the 'Insanity Twins' and my house in good shape. Yes, my son dropped off his 2 Golden Retrievers again for me to watch! Lucky me!!

Hi Sea, good to see you. Hope your assignment in Dallas goes well!

Sunni, glad to hear Mr. Wonderful is accompanying you this weekend. It's always nice to bring long your own moral support system Good luck!

Hi to Sunbird, NoraC, zbeam and everyone who stops in today.
                            Have a great AF day!
                            Lav.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does this program work - do the pills have side effects - I'm always willing to stop drinking every morning of my life - but when I get home after work.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Katzuti,
                                Welcome. Keep reading. Work your way a round this site. Some of it's funny,some of it's heartbreaking. You'll find good kind people here. We'll support you all the way.
                                Can't give any advice on the pills 'cos I take very few.
                                Jackie xxx
                                AF since 7/7/2009
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X