Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow Mark/Renewal! Thank you for the kind words. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi renewal! I was introduced to the nest a little over one year ago. I have found much strength, safety, wisdom and guidance here and have never felt that anyone was judging me in the least. All of the advice and help I have been given from the nest has been given with courtesy, respect and genuine concern. I would like to thank you for starting this thread and Byrdie, lav, k9, Lolab and others for their commitment to helping others in their early days of sobriety. They (along with my nestmates) have really helped me!

Thanks again!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mark/renewal:

I certainly hope your original intentions will continue to live on here in this nest forever without much controversy.
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hPpy birthday dottie! i am getting nervous about this storm. in bed now. not drinking. yeah! just worried. hope everyone stays safe. and sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys, thanks for the posts in here supporting me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 43 in the Big Sober House

Day 43. 6am. The house is still. Outside Sandy the Frankenstorm is brewing. Yes, it is brewing like a god-sized cup of tea that's grey and gone very cold. But still god stirs it into a whirlpool. Dr Head and Trigger grasp with their dear, pathetic lives onto anything they can get their hands on.

DR HEAD: I've gottan 'ipflask. Want some?

TRIGGER: Suh! Yes, suh! Wot's innit?

DR HEAD: Rum.

TRIGGER: Purfect suh.

DR HEAD: Just a sip mind, 'at's all oi've got.

TRIGGER: Of course suh, Fank you suh. Weally appreciated suh.

DR HEAD: Shut it! 'Ere you go. Sip.

But just as Dr Head passes the hip flask of run to Trigger, a mighty gust of wind strikes up and Sandy whisks the hip flask out of the clutches of Dr Head and up into the air, into the atmosphere... the rum goes stratospheric.

They stare at head, gobs opened wide....

DR HEAD: FFFEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Back inside the house...Most of the hosuemates are deep under the covers, waiting for the Frankenstorm to pass. The lights that are on occassionally flicker. The house shudders under the might of the battering it gets from the pulverizing winds. Despite this, though, Lav, Byrdie and Lolab have made the entire house as Frankenstorm proof and as cosy as never before.

On top of this, and due to the storm raging through causing many of the housemates to feel unsettled in these storm times, the house has had some visitors pop by to offer some sustenance. And so Molly has popped in with her culinary delights, including barrels of cookies.

PUG: (drooling) Cookies...

KING CHARLIE: Chocolate chip cookies...

CHI: Chocolate chip cookies with hot chocolate...

PUG/KC/CHI: MMmmmmmmmm......

MAXIE: (Walking away from the coop) Did i hear cookies? Is that right? Cookies? Really? Like real cookies? Like, COOKIES? Oh boy. Cookies.

STELLA: Yes Maxie... that's a good gal, you go get the cookies... i'll just unlock the coop and see if i can... Maxie? You got the key for the coop? Maxie? MAXIE?! Will you get back here with the key for the coop so as i can escape?! Sheeze. (Stella turns to look at the other chooks who are all staring at her)
              You lookin' at me? (They don't respond)
              I said, you lookin' at me? (They nod silently)
              Well whatcha' lookin' at me for? We aint got no booze unless we get that key. Sheeze....(The chooks shake their heads and return to listening to the iPod's)

(In case you're wondering, this is what they're listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnmEcEDSnY[/video]]Rufus Thomas - Funky Chicken (Stax Records Wattstax Concert, 1972, Los Angeles Coliseum) - YouTube

Meanwhile, back in the house, the housemates have congregated in the living room around Molly's homemade chocolate chip cookies... While Pug, Chi, King Charlie, Maxie and Matilda lie on the floor keeping the housemates' feet warm.

MOLLY: I think we need a story...

COOKIE MONSTER: COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYRDIE: COOKIE MONSTER?! You got lost in the storm... Sesame street's up north.

COOKIE MONSTER: Cookie Monster smell great Irish Cookies. Cookie Monster come eat great Irish cookies. Where great Irish cookies?

MOLLY: They're here, Cookie Monster.

COOKIE MONSTER: AHHhhhhhh..... Great Irish Cookies. Cookie Monster VERY Happy. Now, Cookie Monster want to repay you with a Great Irish Story...

BYRDIE: Oh yeah?

COOKIE MONSTER: Yeah: "Waiting for Elmo" ... Ready?

The house mates stare at the sudden arrival of Cookie Monster a bit stunned...

COOKIE MONSTER: Good, then I shall begin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksL_7WrhWOc[/video]]Sesame Street - Monsterpiece Theater "Waiting for Elmo" - YouTube

And so the housemates were entertained with some provocative theatre while Sandy blew overhead...

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOOOOOO!!!! One week ya'll!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Veteran With Issues;1401430 wrote: WOOOOOO!!!! One week ya'll!!
                  Bugger me Vet.... That went fast ( well it did for me, probably slower for you)

WAY TO GO Vet, the worst is over!

RC ..... Have you sought psychiatric help yet? :H:H

Your first story, I thought good effort..... But they just keep coming...... And we only get final drafts .......all this is in your head all the time ain't it ?

Keep it coming baby!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go vet!
                    RC. I need more coffee!

I didnt sleep too well as I am worried about the storm. We will see how it goes over the next 24 hours. I tend to get really freaked out by stuff like this. Has me nervous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Stay calm Yogamom ~ mother nature is going to do what she's going to do. The best we can do is be prepared & keep our head's on straight. It's times like this when I am extremely grateful to have a clear head

Vet - CONGRATS to you!!!!!!
                      We are all very proud of you & happy you are with us

RC, do you ever sleep? I definitely would not get any sleep with all that stuff running around in my head :H My chooks don't have iPods but I do leave a radio playing 24 hours a day in the hen house. Right now it's tuned to a country music station :H

Lots of rain here, not too much wind yet but it's coming soon enough
                      I really don't like listening to the reports on TV, frightening!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday. Be safe if you live on the east coast of the US!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in guys as I'm off out to a client (whom I won't have to make sure I stand too far away from incase they smell last night's wine!)

Feeling really good, horrible alcohol out of my system and I feel much more at peace. Just took the dog for a walk and was thinking to myself that how can folk that don't have drink problems be so bloody miserable??

That's the superstorm being reported in the news over here, looks awful, same as Lav said, 'be save'
                        Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning:
                          Change: sorry about the AF day mix up... My brain cells are really are dead from alcohol use...

But I think your 5 day Monday - Friday theory is a pretty good one! I've always wondered about birthdays too--- if there were more people born in a particular month because 9 months prior people were just too cold to go out/too horny/too whatever... You know?
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                            Cold here in Ohio...yucky day...
                            Off to take dad for blood work...he was supposed to fast but do you think he rememberted...NO...I am taking him anyway as this is the only day I have..it is a 25 mile drive and if the doc doesnt like it too bad..I reminded him last night and he still didnt remember...I am frustrated....
                            Back later,
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vets...yer gonna have to change yer name pretty soon to Vets WITHOUT Issues!! I am so proud of you for your 7 days! That is a huge accomplishment....HUGE! On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, please accept this Full Moon! :moon: You have conquered every day that the week can throw at you....and succeeded! Well done!

Those in the path of Sandy...prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Your mind is a very powerful thing, try not to 'borrow' troubles! Do what your county officials instruct...Safety is job #1. Try not to build it up worse than it is and remember the coverage you see on TV is the worst scene they can find. It looked horrible here from tv and I was looking out the window and it was totally not bad at all!

Emily! Star! Yoga! Kuya!! Everyone doing great!

RC, there are just no words.....
                              I didn't realize Dick Head was a Dr but it is quite fitting. Addition Head is a medical phenomenon....

Stay strong nesters! We'll keep the lights on for you!! (so to speak) Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I guess it was inevititable to happen sometime. I guess better on day 27 than month 27, but I caved. It was one of those experiences that reminders me why I'm here. I lived out exactly what I predicted which was that I wouldn't want just one. It's more about chasing the stupid buzz which takes more than one drink. Am I bummed? Yes. Am I spirit crushed? No. Am I determined to get back to work? Yes. Am I committed? Yep. It was sort of an experiment to see where I was with this whole thing. I'm here to tell you that I went right back to where I left off. There was no "healing" in terms of being able to be good. Oh well, now I know. Back to Day 1, but with a much stronger sense of resolve.
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X