Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm with everyone. Super Glue, duct tape, rope, Velcro, whatever it takes. You are wonderful, intelligent and strong. You drank some wine and 6 beers. Ok the beer is gone. Gone gone gone. Don't get anymore. You know the outcome now of that experiment. You are loved and respected here. Stick with us Fin. You can do it!
    ~n
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I agree w everyone. You've done it. You helped your liver once, you can do it again.

Nurdl: if you could do the paste cut for the country that would be great. It's hard w my phone plus I don't want people accusing me of doing some research . I'm interested in it too because there are a lot of British people here, apparently. Kind of neat! And a recent German! I'm Asian, which apparently unusual but I live in us.
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1401646 wrote: Hi Fin. I like your new avatar...

nope...no loser status for you. After my first 30 something day quit, I started again....I fought with it after that - but only because I deep down wasn't sure that I wanted to live without AL...that I "could" live without it. Anyway - from April to Sept of last year I fumbled - tried to quit - drank - tried again...until Sept when as byrdie says - it "stuck". I can look back and say that it sucks that I messed up and wasted that summer...but the further I get along in all of this I start to see so many things in a different light. I now see that summer of "trying" (kind of) as a very important step along the way. There's no way I'd be where I am today if I hadn't done that....(it took me all summer to realize that I was being a numbskull and only took you one night but hey - I'm a slow learner!:H) I might always have that nagging question - wondering if I could be "normal" again...if it could be "fun" again....

It's hard because I can't advocate for everybody to "try" drinking again - after being abstinent - because so many are so quickly led right back to the same path, but at the same time - if that IS something that did happen - don't condemn yourself to being "stuck" or feel that you're now "doomed" - look within and figure out the why's and how to handle those situations the next time and add another chapter to your book that you call your "plan". :l
        :yeahthat:

She one wise wifey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, a loser wouldn't be back here telling us what happened. You are moving in the right direction. I am sure your famous relative had to work hard to get to the olympics. This is your olympics.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, you have learned a lesson. Now move on to acceptance that you & most of us here just cannot drink safely, ever!!! Glad you came right back to the nest. Don't ever leaves again!!!!! :H :H

Lots & lots of rain here. A wind gust split my neighbor's ornamental plum tree in half but who cares? My neighbor is my brother-in-law :H

Hang on tight everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin I so get it but u need to get back on the horse....
              I was very close to stopping for wine on the way home from my dads. He just drives me nuts. I know it is not his fault but he could write things down and at least try to help but he does not want to admit how bad he is...probably shouldn't live alone but he wont discuss assisted living and I can not have him live with us...I must get past this...tomorrow is 30 days...aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie:
                good job at avoiding wine. Dealing w elderly parents can be more challenging than dealing w teenagers at times....I feel for u
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Job, Dottie!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks again, folks and Dottie, really well done. A hearty congrats on 30 days! I'll be there soon enough too.

This is indeed my Olympic effort,
                    -Fin
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Dottie. My mom has dementia too. She is one tough bird. You did a great job. Maybe we could introduce them LOL.

Lights flickering. We have been ordered off the roads except emergency vehicles. DH left at 6 this am ...he is involved emergency planning. Kids playing a board game. Could be a long night. House is shaking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yoga mom: sounds scary... Prayers for all those out in danger zone...
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

good idea yogamom..LOL
                          Hope the weather tames down for you...Ohio is getting some wind and rain but tomorrow we may get some leftover weather..hang in there...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have said a couple of times that alcohol is the easiest to quit and the hardest to stay quit. Sometimes words are just words and we skim over them and say 'yeah, I get that' and move on.

Reading about Fin made me REALLY think about this, and for the first time it has hit me how very,very STRONG recovering alcoholics are. We are fecking amazing, and I will now tell you why.......

Think of the heroin addict, we all have a picture of that world, right or wrong. The addict has to quit (quite hard) and try to avoid that world of users. This is often very hard and addicts frequently fail........we understand that......we have been sold that story.

Try to imagine that alcohol is heroin. Every day we see it advertise EVERYWHERE, billboards, television, shops,newspapers, even flyers in our letter boxes. When we go to out to any celebration there are people mainlining the stuff right in front of us, openly, without shame. Then we are encouraged to 'just have one hit, just the one, it won't hurt'.

And sometimes, just to prove how strong we are, we keep some heroin at home.

If this was a heroin addict trying to quit and we were asked if we thought that addict would succeed we would say 'no way, the guy doesn't stand a chance!'

Yet that is EXACTLY what we are doing, day by day by day. Is it easy, no. Do we slip up, of course we do.

Most alcoholics have traumas they have blocked with alcohol. That is how we are in this mess. But we are here, DOING something about it.

I have had more than my share of life traumas, my friends describe me as strong and brave.

I have only been active at MWO for a few months but I can tell you all that you are the bravest people I have ever encountered and I am proud to share this journey with you.

So Fin, if you call yourself a loser one more time I will track you down and beat the shit outta you! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya, I've heard the alcohol/heroin analogy many times before....but it never hit me the way it did just now after your post. that was very eye opening and so true. Thanks.
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

dottie, I forgot to say - great job....and :l to you in your dealings with your dad....I do understand....
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X