http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1e26198e.jpg
    Annie my pug/chihuahua...fur baby
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Picture attached?

I am trying to attach a picture of my baby!! Attached files [img]/converted_files/1970639=7091-attachment.jpg[/img]
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pic was small or maybe that is just how I see it...cute....
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definitely cute!
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, what were you wearing??!!! Lampshade?
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bahaha! Yes, Daisy, the lampshade is my cap and I wasn't even drinking! I'm a tube of toothpaste (Aquafresh) and my doggie is dressed as a pumpkin! B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Only you!!!! Haha.
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I let that horrible woman at the iit Factor Studio upset me terribly again and this time is had 2 drinks over it... But I am proud and happy about my 5 months so feel fine, no plans on reverting to my regualry sceduled program of drinking...

Interestinly something occured to me a few days later which is that believe it or not I never really 'drank' to relieve 'crisis' stress -smoke definately,, but I didn't really drink becasue I always knew that whatever the situation was I needed to be as 'all there' as possible...

So I think I drank more out of habit and habit and habit and then the ritual of it and to be honest, I loved to drink!

Of course all that's changed now. And you can't go home again as they say...West maybe but never home.

So since I don't smoke anymore and refuse to take it up again, I'm a bit stuck.

But I have all of you to help find my way out of this one. So....

That's my story and I'm stickin' too it!
                  :l

PS: Be safe everyone back East. And don't forget the bottled water!
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cradle - so happy to see you. I have been wondering about you. 5 months is great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

It's the morning after the big storm & I still have power - amazing
                      Hope everyone else is OK as well.

Hi kradle, congrats on your 5 AF months! Sorry you were thrown off your plan but hopefully you can get right back on. Finding a healthier way to deal with stress is a must for all of us. Personally I find the more I meditate the easier it is for me to tune out other people's BS

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww Kradle :l it will all be fine. And well done on your 5 months. Awesome !!!

No going back, only forward now!

Evening LAV , all well with you? Good

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy folks! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I was out enjoying life with the 'Ol Lady. Something I have been unable to do for quite some time. It was long overdue and great! I feel I need to throw my two cents in on a couple of posts.

Kuya- Outstanding post! The comparison is spot on. I would also add that with heroin, a user also has a legality guilt (at least at first) as well as fear and paranoia to help them in avoidance. We do not. AL is actually depicted as means to a more fulfilling life. Have you ever seen a bunch of folks in a commercial getting together to watch the big game having a great time with their bean dip and red tea? Living on an Army post, I have access to alcohol 24/7 at reduced prices. It's availability is uncanny. I feel our struggle is one of great magnitude.

Kradle- As a combat veteran, I can tell you I have been in many crisis situations. In a combat zone, there is no alcohol. Here is what I learned to do: Assess the situation. Is there a threat to yourself or loved ones? If not, it's not that bad. It may be severe in someone's eyes, but not yours. Regroup, think through the situation, breathe, relax. Now, find the best means for resolve with the least amount of collateral damage (collateral damage could be anything from people to paper clips. Apply as it fits). Nothing comes out well when we panic, hurry, and lose focus. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Least helpful would be the lowered inhibitions and groggy thought process produced by our nemesis. I hope this helps.

Take it or leave it, just thought I'd throw some thoughts out there. Thank you all for your continued care and support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                            30 days today..woohoo....long hard month...doing well off work...need to just bide my time and NOT let boss get to me....easier said than done but I must do this for ME.
                            Getting furnace replaced today and it is spitting snow...bleh....at least we will be warm...
                            Back later,
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, it is with honor that I present your hat! :bday3: This is a milestone for those of us who know how difficult those first hours and days can be. Might you have a few words for us? Here's to a job well done!!! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Dottie!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X