Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mick!!! Great to see you!! Nice ending to RC's story!!! Hugs mate, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post, RC. Charlie (aka Zoey) does at times sit on my head. Usually when I'm watching TV on the floor and she wants to snuggle.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe RC & Byrdie can fashion up some new hats with chicken feathers :H
        I can go out & gather them any time you like

I think I'm going to wish everyone a safe night in the nest now......I'm tired & may not hold up much longer. These days of drama wear me out anymore although I am most grateful the storm caused no harm in my portion of the nest. I hope the good folks of NJ & NY will be OK.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, the progress notes go on and on. But they all must be done by the end of the month. Congradulations to all the weekers and 30 day folks. I'm not going to drink tonight. Thank you all for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rousing Cheers from West Coast

Hi guys,

Late to the party due to time zones, but want to honor all those milestones today, Matchee, Roonie, Allan, Kuya, Star.... you have all inspired me.

:wd::banana::applaud:

Catbuddy
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie..same back:l
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

DorothyFree....BINGO. And that's how it's done. Don't look too far down the road llit looks too hard and makes us want to throw our hands in the air and give up...but if you just take it in small steps, it goes down a lot easier. Just like eating an elephant...you do it one bite at a time. You are doing GREAT!! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dorothy: I hear ya! Same here. AF today for me too
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I may not be drinking but the days are hard, I need this site to keep me going, Ive met many good friends on here, some, even call me on the phone. God bless them. That's what this site is about.
                    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Bryrd

Thank you for your support, I feel I'm not contributing to everyone else just now and being totally selfish but I'll get there when I feel stronger.

That is now my mantra too. You know, I can remember the first glass of wine I had after stopping for around two and a half years (didn't count). It was a glass of white wine and I can remember being shocked at how the craving for more hit almost the second that wine touched my lips!! When I got home that Christmas (was at my sister;s house) I consumed a bottle of wine AND went along to a neighbours house and had more AND that was after nothing at all for over two years - how scary is that. I didn't appreciate its power then and I wanted an escape from having to feel anything as it was my first Christmas after my father's death - I basically wanted to get pissed to block things out. That was the Christmas of 2010.
                      Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters - back to day one for me after the worst job interview yesterday - all feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness and general shitness were drowned last night in vodka.

I need help.

Emily - I can completely empathise with the craving that follows that first taste. I've got to realise that the first taste is the first step to oblivion.

I can't mod cos I'm a greedy cow - it's all or nothing.

Why can't we have a switch in our brains that we can just turn off ???
                        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest:

Sorry about your job interview... Just keep applying and I wish you luck.

Happy Halloween to everyone.
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Time to get back to a normal routine after all the hurricane business. I am grateful to still be here & in one piece. Sadly, so many others were not so fortunate.

Wishing everyone a happy & productive AF Hump Day
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. I've heard that days 3 -5 are the hardest when going AF. I'm on day 3. What hits during this time? More cravings? More emotional things? I just want to be extra prepared. I'm doing well so far with the supplements, I'm starting the CDs tonight, have read through the toolbox thread... I just want to be aware of what makes these next few days the hardest so I don't get in trouble.

Thanks!!
                              http://baclofentreatment.com/
                              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom:
                                for me it was my hands were still shaky and I knew a drink would steady them . But the supplements really helped me a lot. Without them, I would have 0 AF days.
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X