Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Mom - :H

First, congratulations on your 3 days! that's fantastic!

Second, everybody's experience is a bit unique - so you might be just fine for days 3 through 5....The good news is after 3 days - the alcohol is out of your system...so most of the initial withdrawal symptoms - if you had any - would be subsiding....there might be lingering physical things like sleep disturbances headaches, tiredness - for quite some time...

I think that the reason 3-5 might be labeled as the toughest is because you ARE past those initial Yuck - feelings - hangover - guilt - and you start to feel good, so your mind starts to bargain with you....you know...."hey - you weren't really THAT bad - just buy some and have it here....have a drink at night - no big deal! Lots of people do that!" and then when the bottle's gone in a couple of hours, you''re right back where you started.....

be prepared for those feelings to sneak in - and hit you out of nowhere...and have a plan for when they do. Make sure you are aware of HALT - and be one step ahead of it - the one you have the most control over (out of Hungry Angry Lonely Tired) is HUNGER....so make sure you don't get hungry...or thirsty.
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcoholic... I'm with you. Without the supplements I would also not be AF. I started them before my quit day and felt so good, I ended up going AF before I was planning to (I still hadn't finished 'Quit drinking the easy way' which was going to be my starting point)

Lolab... you have hit the nail on the head as to EXACTLY why I've never made it past three days!! I'll hopefully know better this time.

Thanks so much!
      http://baclofentreatment.com/
      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still here

Good Morning Nesters,
        We made it through the hurricanne but are without power, phone and Internet is spotty. It's been delightful to get on for a few minutes this morning. Juja thanks for the PM, I cried when I saw the message. I hope Yogamom is ok. She's near me. Someone check on her. My iPad is going to lose power shortly.

Our neighborhood received a lot of damage. It may take weeks before we get power again. NJ got hit hard and there is a lot of damage to recover from. We only lost one tree and it fell on our neighbor's lawn so there it shall stay for a bit. We are using rechargeable power sources that usually back up the computers to power our tankless hot water heater so we can shower. Our stove is gas plus we can cook on the grill. Our fireplace will keep us warm today as its gotten rather cold. Tonight we will have a feast since food In the freezer is thawing. As my husband says "we're rockin' Amish" these days.

I'm typing in bed (the only place in the house i can get internet :H :H :H) under a down comforter with tears rolling down my face as I watch the power drain down on my iPad. It's the stress of the last few days and knowing I'm going to lose contact with my lifeline here at MWO. You've all become such an important part of my life. I desperately wanted a drink as we were waiting for the storm to arrive. It was just anxiety. Stupid and I couldn't act on it anyway since there is no alcohol in the house and I TTDP. Newbies, let this be a lesson. Get rid of ALL your alcohol!

Congratulations to all those with milestones. I think Lav has been busy with hats and such. I haven't been able to read to catch up. Give my best to all. What fun I'll have next time I can sit for a while with a cup of tea and read and post here. I'll have to find an Internet cafe in another town! Let's plan a party sometime soon!

Miss you peeps. I'm still moving forward one day at a time. Be good, be strong. Don't let Al have his way with you!

~nurdl
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdle - stay strong! We are with you....you WILL look back on this and be so thankful for having a clear head to deal with it all.....I'm sending positive thoughts to you.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday, Byrdie!

Just flying in before a 9 a.m. meeting and have not had time to read posts yet, but just wanted to wish a very

:bday7:

to a very special nester today! Byrdie!

Byrdlady- you are an amazing gift to this nest. Wish we could repay you for all the things you do for us, but right now, best birthday wishes and a group hug are the best I can come up with- so, here goes!

:bday3::day4::bday1::hug:

:h Star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star!! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm old as a tree..:gramps:

Ima start telling people I'm 10 years older than I really am and then I will rake in all the compliments!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been doing it backwards all these years!
              Thank you so much Star!!! :l B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 8

Good morning fellow nesters. I hope everyone who was in Sandy's path weathered the storm and is safe. I know the rebuilding process will be slower than you'd like.

Nurdl, great to see you back online even if for a short time only. Good for you for surviving the storm AF.

Yesterday was Day 7 for me. I'd intended to post a note last evening but was too tired after a sleepless night Monday. Sandy hit eastern Ontario with high winds, lots of rain and power outages but we were spared the fury that hit NY and NJ.

So today is day 8. I'm feeling pretty good but having been here before, know what a hideous best AL is. Resisting the urge to give in is tough at times BUT so worth resisting.

Congrats to our fellow nesters who have accomplished some fantastic milestones! And for those starting or starting over again, keep it up, it is so worth it.

I hope everyone has a safe and AL free Wednesday.
                Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stay safe, nurdl, and I hope this will soon be over....
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd::::::band2::::rockband: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRDY :disco:::goodtime::banana:
                    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

emily;1402770 wrote: Hey Bryrd

Thank you for your support, I feel I'm not contributing to everyone else just now and being totally selfish but I'll get there when I feel stronger.

That is now my mantra too. You know, I can remember the first glass of wine I had after stopping for around two and a half years (didn't count). It was a glass of white wine and I can remember being shocked at how the craving for more hit almost the second that wine touched my lips!! When I got home that Christmas (was at my sister;s house) I consumed a bottle of wine AND went along to a neighbours house and had more AND that was after nothing at all for over two years - how scary is that.
                      Hi Emily,

You just gave me a huge support! Thank you! I've got that voice in my head saying, you can drink just one or two, be social, then walk away again. It is hugely scary that after two years you go back to the same level - and I need to scare myself every day now. My sobriety is still very fragile. So, there is no such thing as one for me anymore. Maybe I need to tattoo that somewhere.

Cat
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Habsfan! Please accept this major award for 7 days of kicking AL's Arse! Yes, it's a full moon!! :moon: And there's plenty more where that came from. I am so happy to hear your progress! I tried and tried until one day...it stuck!!!!!!!!!!! Please stay safe! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl,

It sounds like a truly awful experience; my thoughts go with you. Hopefully hubby will snuggle under that blanket and give you some comfort.

Cat
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

CAT! Great to see you!!!
                            On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, please accept this small token of a job well done. Here, my dear, is your hat! :bday3: This coveted prize cannot be bought on ebay, so you are getting the genuine article. You have started this journey with Day 1 and made it to a major milestone. This IS a defining moment....and we are SO proud of you!! If you have a few words to say....we'd all love to hear what you've learned about the journey. It really is one of self discovery (sounds trite) but it is amazing what is down there when you can dig below the AL. It's all good stuff! WELL DONE!!! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boo Birthday

Happy Birthday, Byrdie!

:yougo::bday7::yougo:

This journey would be so much harder without you.

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

This journey would have been impossible without The Nest!

Thank you for the Byrd-day wishes....thanks for not taking the easy bait about it being Halloween and all....Bwahahaha! This nest rocks! B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X