Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Cat

Yeah, absolutely, I too thought I could have one or two, just to be social and also I felt a bit lonely in my sobriety, I felt I would have much more of a social life if I drank, just like everybody else. Fast forward about 6-8 months and I'm sitting, alone, getting drunk with my friend Cava. The illusion that alcohol would help create this fantastic social life for me was just that, an illusion.

Quest - yeah, I'm a greedy cow too, lol - was out a few weeks ago and a girl that was there said she bought a bottle of wine - one bottle - on a Friday and that did her until the Sunday, I was gobsmacked, I'd be on around number 5 or 6 by the Sunday. I used to think everyone was just like me and it still shocks me a bit when I realise the way I drink is, well for want of a better way to put it, not normal.

Mom, I'm on day 6 just now and apart from a bit of a mood swing yesterday the worst has been not sleeping, still didn't get a decent night's sleep last night and my skin is still a bit itchy, but only at night, which I don't know if I'm bringing on with my imagination!

Happy Birthday Byrdie, xx

And Nurdl, just saw a news report, sending you love from Scotland
    Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the full moon Byrd!

Thanks for your congrats Byrd and a very Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day.

And thank you for the support and advice you give to everyone here. You're amazing!

Habs
      Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

A VERY HAPPY BYRD-DAY!!!!!
        ENJOY, PAMPER, GET SPOILT
        YOU DESERVE IT
        SIMPLY, YOU ARE THE BEST!
        HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE!
        :bday3::huggy:rockband::rockon:
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1402939 wrote: This journey would have been impossible without The Nest!

Thank you for the Byrd-day wishes....thanks for not taking the easy bait about it being Halloween and all....Bwahahaha! This nest rocks! B

oh Byrdie...we're TOTALLY leaving that up to RC - :H:H:H

Happy Birthday!!!!

:day6: Today we baked YOU a cake...:-)
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat, congratulations to you on 30 days!!!:goodjob:
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BELOVED BYRDIE!!!

You are an amazing woman! I have so much respect for you and all you do. You were one of the first to welcome me into the Nest and I will never forget it. MWO has literally saved my life and I owe it to people like you. I LOVE YOU!!! :h Thank you for everything you do for us!!!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy biRthdat, Byrdy!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning,

Well, almost afternoon. I am hoping to tag along for the ride here....needed much support from those who understand.

I am starting Day 1 for the millionth time, and I just hope this time is the time it sticks. I am tired....tired of feeling bad inside and out, tired of puffiness and weigh gain, and tired of being tired and no motivation.

I need my life back........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, phin: I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy today and look around the different threads, download the Robert Jewell book and start making a plan for the rest of your life... This may be the time it sticks!!! Good luck on your journey to a healthier life!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boo! :anon:

Hey everyone, just catching up on some posts and am so happy that everyone is staying strong, realizing what it takes to kick the beast and sticking together!

First of all, Cat- Congratulations on 30 days!!! I am so proud of you!! You just have the kindest spirit and such a level head. Your posts have helped me many times and I am so happy to have you for a nestmate. Just think, by this Thanksgiving, we will be coming up on 60 days. What a thing to be thankful for!

Stumpy- you are right, it IS HARD! Thank goodness we have this site to keep us going! You are really kickin AL?s Butt!

Hey Emily- You are doing so well! And don?t you dare think you are not contributing around here- each and every person is one more in the fight against the beast. You never know how your shared experience or words can impact the others in the nest- so keep fighting and keep sharing!

Oh Questy- Sorry that job interview didn?t go well, but you are NOT worthless- you hear me?? The only thing that?s worthless is that friggin AL brain that tricks you into making you feel like that. I know him well and he is good at what he does, but the only way to get him to shut up is to show him that you don?t need him and won?t tolerate him treating you like that anymore. Like Byrdie says, tell him NO, HELL NO! Today is a great day to start on day one. Give yourself a treat and trick the beast!

Hi Alco- thanks for all you do for the nest- you are always there when needed and always have great advice. We appreciate you!

Lav- so glad you are still in one piece! I was so worried about you and your livestock!

Mom- sounds like you are well prepared for days 3-5. I wish I knew why they were so hard. For me, I think really, at that point in my numerous quits, maybe I felt I didn?t have so much invested. So if I drank on day 3 or 4 or 5, I could just start over again. Well that approach got me NOWHERE. I mean HELLLOOOOO- Nothing changes if nothing changes- right? I am really glad I got past it this time. And Lola?s advice about HALT is also one that saved my butt. Good luck (but you have more than that-you have a plan)- and you ARE going to get past it!

Oh Nurdle- I so feel for you. I have been through my share of hurricanes and other weather disasters and I know the routine. It?s the PITs. But your family is safe and your house is safe and we are keeping your spot in the nest nice and warm for you. You sit right next to me, remember? Please hurry back. In the meantime, we will send positive thoughts and prayers your way.:l

Habsfan- Congratulations on Day 7! Keep up that Resistance- you are right- it is so worth it!

Welcome, PHIN- :welcome:we all know those feelings. Snuggle in, you have come to the right spot. Do you have a plan for today?

:h Star
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Phin...I just read your other post - oh what a familiar feeling you describe...it does seem impossible in the beginning doesn't it? but it is possible....I fumbled around and couldn't imagine living without alcohol and then, after realizing that I could - I never thought I'd enjoy it - LOL. Well - both have happened and I'm so thankful for the support that I've gotten here. :-) There is so much to learn from everyone here and also from ourselves.

Have a look in here - https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html There are tons of great tips to help you get started...
                        ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Phin!

I can SO understand where you're coming from. I thought I would never get off the roller-coaster-from-hell, in fact I didn't even know if I wanted to. I couldn't fathom night after night...sober. The first few days were the hardest as far as physical withdrawals (nothing major), then the next few days were pure mental struggles, which for me has always been the hardest part. My advice is to stay as busy as possible the first few days. I only drank at home, so I changed up my drinking "spot", moved furniture, switched on different lamps. ANYTHING to trick my brain and let it know that there would be no alcohol. It will get easier, I promise. Stick close to us, we can help you!

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick post. Send PMs I love reading them when I get an internet window
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

and thanks for messages and good thoughts. PMs are easier to find. Found a place to rent a generator in Philadelphia so that will make life a little easier. Tonight we feast on the thawing food in the fridge. Everything else is garbage and we begin living day to day on what we can find in stores. Gas is only being sold to people with gas cans. This is craziness.
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl: will pray for you and everyone affected by the storm. Keep safe and strong. A lot of people are pulling for u!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X