X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I know Dottie Belle,
    The cravings are hell
    and sometimes they can really get to ya...
    But brush them aside
    and stand up with pride
    and take the advice of Dear Kuya.
    The cravings will pass
    Kick Alcohol's ass
    Tomorrow will be just ahead.
    Just ride the wave
    and try to behave
    and handle it all with your class.
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1403237 wrote: Hello all,
      We don't get any kids here so we didn't buy any candy...just as well so I wont eat it all,
      Had strange cravings today....not sure what started it but it was a struggle all day...I know it will always be lurking...darn it anyway...
      Back to work tomorrow.....
      Dottie
      It lurks less and less, I promise! Remember to view those bad days as good days.... They are signs that the brain is healing and rewiring as it makes new pathways ALfree. Tomorrow you will have a MUCH better day as you will have made a leap in recovering. Treat bad days as exciting, as a sign of recovery rather than damage.

BYRDIE ...... Is RC bringing out the poet in ya?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1403241 wrote: I know Dottie Belle,
        The cravings are hell
        and sometimes they can really get to ya...
        But brush them aside
        and stand up with pride
        and take the advice of Dear Kuya.
        The cravings will pass
        Kick Alcohol's ass
        Tomorrow will be just ahead.
        Just ride the wave
        and try to behave
        and handle it all with your class.
        Good going!

Right, well, I'll be heading to the Job Centre then...

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh I'm trying to hand out halloween candy and I have tears running down my face from laughing so hard...RC - OMG....
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now this is real funny,
            and I'll bet you money,
            The poems will get much less classy.
            We're all trying to quit,
            And quitting is shit,
            So no one should try to beat ARSEY !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Should i just go and change my name then...?

Kuya - you're gonna get a wedgie for this

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1403270 wrote: Should i just go and change my name then...?

Kuya - you're gonna get a wedgie for this
                LOLOLOLOL

Going to work now, my job here is done........Luvs u Arsey !

Comment

Newbies Nest

TECHIE! Can we put this to a vote please?!

Enjoy work stuff KY. A wedgie's waiting for ya at home time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

you do know I'll be up all night trying to think of something that's lyrical....

but after years of abuse, if my brain actually worked - it probably would be a miracle!
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks byrdlady..I needed that!!!
                      Dot
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH my gosh yall! I'm in tears too!!! Bahahaha...it has been a great day! xo, B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys are wearing me out with your insanity :H :H

Dottie, I promise you - I have days & weeks go by without even a split second thought of AL. The truth is - the bastard goes away IF you continue to ignore it

Byrdie, you are such a hussy :H

Wishing everyone a safe & sane night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well tonight went as planned. I came home from work, just now really, and I am tucked in my bed with a tall glass of milk.

Tomorrow will be another test.....working during the day of in the evening.....I'll deal with that tomorrow when it comes.

Good night all, and thanks for your posts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome home PHIN , sit back and relax

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Thanks Byrdie, Lola, and Star for your kind words....Today has been a moment in time for me. I cannot believe that 30 days ago I was lost in AL, with no idea how I was going to save my life.

Byrdie says this place saves lives. It is not an exaggeration to say it has done that for me. I was on a very costly path - risking my job, career, friendships, and most importantly, losing my time with my son. I went down a new and unfamiliar road in coming here. I have been a daily drinker for the last 24 years. I have used AL to relieve stress and pain, celebrate joy, combat loneliness, so many uses in my life. Going a day, a week, a month without a drink? I could not fathom it until I finally decided I can no longer have it. It sucks, I'm sad and angry (Kuya, I know this will pass), but so what, this is my new life now. In some ways I really don't like it. But in so many more important ways, I cannot believe what I was missing.

My favorite memory this past month - spending last night looking at the full moon, stretched out on a blanket in my backyard with my son. And being fully present, looking at stars and planets, watching planes fly by, and cuddling with him (he's nine). If I only get back, as my ultimate gift of sobriety, the next year or so of cuddles with my son, it will be more than I deserve.

A downside I could do without? My sense of smell has improved dramatically. Now I know every part of my home where King Charlie has settled in and left me "presents." I am renting a steam carpet cleaner this weekend! Phew.

So, I won't drink with a free conscience in the future. If I drink, it will not be because I'm trying moderation; I know my chemistry can't do it. It will be because I left my path, and I will run back to find it.

Allan, Kuya, Lola, K9, Lav, Byrdie - you reassure us that it gets easier. I hold onto that with both hands. It is still damn hard. But as bad as week 1? No. So in a year, month 1 will be a distant memory, right? I pray so. You give me hope, and I will keep following in your example. To all those newbies with me, thank you for making room in this nest.

Catbuddy
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X