Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin - Those are some dirty feet. LOL

Hi Snap and welcome back! Get comfy and settled and stay a (long) while...we've all been where you are, and we can help!

Cat - I'm so proud of you! You are doing so good...keep it up and don't look too far into the future...remember that you can only live in today. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say. I never thought I'd get to day 30, much less day 311! Some days are easy, some days are hard. Just stay focused and before you know it, you'll have to actually look at your phone to even know what day you're on (like I do!). I loved your story of looking at the stars with your son, you're giving him the best gift you could ever give him... a SOBER you! :l

Here's to a sober November! We CAN do this. You'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before!

xoxoxo

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1403639 wrote: Morning all,

is there a gadget somewhere that will help me count the days??

Dottie
      Dottie, it's called Roll Call. HA!
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie- Let's stick together so we can help each other count. Maybe between the two of us we can keep it straight....we on day 32 today :wd: (I know that because I copied it from you on Roll Call LOL)
        I am glad you get to work from home today- less stressful!

K9- You are AWESOME- over 300 days AF and almost 70 days NF - We are ALL so proud of you!:jumpwow:
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK so if I wait I can copy/cheat off of someone else......
          Dot...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

yeah, we'll make Roonie keep count- Hey Roonie, where are ya?
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1403588 wrote: What I was willing to lose in order to drink is FRIGHTENING. That morning of Jan 20, 2011, my hubs looked me in the eye and said 'it's me or AL' and I had to honestly THINK about it?
              Wow Byrdie - that could be me saying that! and I know I'm living on borrowed time. Hubby keeps forgiving, I try a little harder for a week or two - and when it's all blown over, I'm back to square one! I always wonder if next time will really be the end!

Thanks for all your warm welcomes. I know I'm rubbish at running away with my tail between my legs every time I fail again and again - and again. I need to stick with you all and find the strength to finally do this.

I was looking on the web at celebrities who don't drink AL - thought some of you might be inspired by this Glamour Magazine article.
              Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Snap!

Just got up and saw your post. So glad you're joining us. Really great place here. Total game changer. Have to get my munckins off to band practice...yikes! They're still on sugar highs!

Hugs and heart

:l :h
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon;1403547 wrote: Hello everyone - would it be OK to join you all in here? Day One for me today - 1st day of the month and a great opportunity for a fresh start!!
                  I like your avatar.

Welcome Snap, :welcome: and very lovely to have you in here. Yes, first day of the month is a great way to start something new. Or to have a month to try something new out. Like sobriety. It's actually not that boring. Indeed it is actually a whole lot of fun. Apart from the word "sobriety"... It just sounds so, well, boring.

So, you'll be glad to know that we here in the Newbies Nest can, and do, change the word sober or sobriety to other words... like sobersexual... or having a sobricoital cigarette... or eating a supersobercookie, which taste a hell of a lot better than your everyday cookies. A sobrietalbath early in the evening is also a good one.

Please add other words you can think of anyone...

Actchually... when i say "we here in the Newbies Nest change the word 'sober' to other words", it has, so far only been me...

Perhaps everyone else here are even more sober than me...
                  RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lost ma pills again...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1403676 wrote: Good Morning Snap!

Just got up and saw your post. So glad you're joining us. Really great place here. Total game changer. Have to get my munckins off to band practice...yikes! They're still on sugar highs!

Hugs and heart

:l :h
                      x-post. Hi Kradle!

Snap - Kradle has another great word there: sobrietymunchkins

One of my faves...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, your note didn't rhyme....what gives?
                        Once again, ALL of the IT duties seem to be falling to me! (the one who is WORST at it). Dottie, are you signed in with your log in and password? If so, you should be seeing all the smilies and such just to the right here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> no, your other right...:H. there are some good ones there, but down at the bottom is a thing that says 'more' and there's a bunch of them there, too.
                        I think Lola said that the thing that counts the days is found in 'The Drink Tracker'. That's where some of the moderating folks go to keep track of their drinks each day, so I believe that's where the day counter lives. Lola also points out it tracks the minutes, but you know what I think of that..:toilet:

When I was first starting out, I remember feeling so down sometimes...it seemed like everyone else had more days than I did and everyone else was 'getting it'. But if you take a step back from the whole thing and look at it from 30,000 feet, here's what we'll remember. We all got sober around the same time, back in the early 20teens! In 40 years when we are discussing all this with those new newbies I will remember each of us started about the same time.

Happy AF Thursday! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie I hope you don’t mind if I expand on your answer.

Dottie
                          , I had exactly the same problem when I first started. To insert the smilies you need to use: "post a reply" button, which you can find at the top left corner of your screen, instead of using the "post quick reply" down below.

Hope this helps.

ALLAN
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

SnapD,

Thanks a lot for that celeb list. That was so good I sent it to my daughter. She's only 13, but can't start the positive messaging too early. We need more public role models like this along with all the unsung heroes here in the Nest!
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola, I was waiting for so long to congratulate you on your 1000th post and becoming a Senior member of this valued community.

So HAPPY Members day! (even though I am 4 posts too late, sorry). You are wise as an OWL

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

There's a 'post quick reply'? No wonder my posts are so sobrietyly long! I take folks on the soberscenic tour of the site! Thanks, Allan!

RC, I hope you find yer pills soon!! But it does make for great posts when they go missing!! I kept thinking about your post last night and couldn't wipe the smile off my face! I hope you will continue to use your powers for good, and not E-villeeee, bwahahaha! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X