Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rooni! Did you see what happened to me?! I've pretty well dusted myself off here on a Day 4 reboot as I'm confident you will do too. So come on, little lady...let's get some numbers on the board again and make them stick this time.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emily, just saw your post over on the roll call! On behalf of the NN, please accept a small token of accomplishment. Yes, you've achieved a full moon! :moon: You are so right...what a difference a week makes! You are kicking AL's arse! We are so proud of you! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

A belated happy birthday to the most marvelous Byrdlady! Your words have encouraged, inspired and comforted so many of us here...past and present. Thank you for continuing to care about this community, dear friend!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to chime in on Allan's post. I also had a very low period around my 30 day mark. It is a good time to re-evaluate and make plans especially with the holidays coming up. Now at close to 60 days I feel like I'm more on top of my game. The days are easier, the cravings are less, life is soooo much better. To those who are just beginning, we are here for you. Make the commitment for yourself.
          ~nurdl
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh. Thanks nurdle. I was just thinking of you and praying for you
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1403943 wrote: I have to chime in on Allan's post. I also had a very low period around my 30 day mark. It is a good time to re-evaluate and make plans especially with the holidays coming up.
              I guess I can say the same. 30 days hit, and I was like "ok now what? can I test the waters?" I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't planning to drink as soon as I hit 30 days, but maybe I did subconsciously? Who knows, but all I know right now is that I'm getting back on this sober train and moving forward. It just seems so ridiculous to keep dealing with this crap over and over again.

Lola asked my plan - well, first of all, my plan is to take the damn pill every damn day - no matter what. And I also plan to get through the holidays sober. If I can do this (excuse me, I mean WHEN I do this), this will be the first sober holidays in my entire adulthood, and I am 44 years old. Wow, a sober Thanksgiving? A sober Christmas? A sober New Years? I can't even imagine!

Well, thanks everyone for your support. And when you reach 30 days, don't feel like you've done all you can do. That's just the beginning. That's when the real fun starts :-)

Byrdie, in my selfishness, I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of the most giving people I have ever "met" in my life. May you always receive 10 fold what you give to others. :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1403955 wrote:

Byrdie, in my selfishness, I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of the most giving people I have ever "met" in my life. May you always receive 10 fold what you give to others
                . :-)
                Unless it's a snickers bar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!! Thank you Turn and Rooni! I appreciate those words more than you know....
                  I had a great birthday. Only my second sober one of my adult life. I also got 2 bottles of wine....NICE! I will be getting those off the premises ASAP! Hubs took them downstairs and out of circulation.

RC, Snickers bars are as good as currency in my book!
                  Have a safe night in the nest everyone! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my gosh, Byrdlady, I missed your birthday apparently but please accept my belated Happy Birthday wishes!

I think the topic of holidays is pretty important to us. I quit around this time last year, and I let all my family and close friends know that I wasn't going to be drinking during the holidays. I wasn't really sure what to expect, and I felt a little akward after making a disclosure like that. It turned out to be a much smaller deal than I had anticipated. I still had a great time, a REAL time. The holidays are an emotional time, and for the first time I wasn't getting wasted and covering it all up. Now I'm really excited for my second set of AF holidays, and I feel like a kid who just got to take their training wheels off their bike. We have to take a while to learn how to live our life, but it is so worth it. If you're dreaming about having the holidays AF, but you're not sure how to make it, just make it happen. How great would you feel to make it through that season?

I'm trying to reconnect to this site, been reading daily but posting infrequently. I'm so proud to see all the new faces here pulling each other up. I've looked all over this site for a "home" and this thread is place I feel the most comfortable.

Congratulations Lolab on your prolific posting! Good to see you! Have a great AF night, friends!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1403959 wrote: Unless it's a snickers bar
                      I dunno ....reckon Byrdie would take ten o them!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Rooni - allow me to say SOBER HOLIDAYS ROCK!!!
                        My birthday happens to be December 19, right in the midst of the holiday season. I have had several sober holiday seasons now & no complaints
                        Not taking your Antabuse for several days means you were (on some level) planning to drink. Do you know the real reason? Staying sober requires a deep & serious commitment, but you know that. I'm glad you are back on your plan - stick around, OK?

We do need to expand our sober lives. Even if it's just a new hobby, it's something new & not related to drinking. I know I really appreciate the new activities & friendships I've developed over the past few years

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest.
                        Granny Lav is tired tonight :H
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Birdie.

:l
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, late night West Coaster back. Thanks to all re feedback on the 30 day post. And Roonie, Star, Dottie, wow this is still hard, isn't it. I think I'm also in the depression stage. But keeping on, keeping on.

Snapdragon, welcome. From yesterday, Merlot, welcome. And Pinecone! Happy November
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & TGIF!

I hope everyone had a safe night in the Nest & ready to tackle another day & weekend
                              Stayimg busy & distracted, not dwelling on things I perceive to be 'wrong' in my life have helped me from the very beginning of my journey ~ try it out

Wishing a great AF Friday to one & all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

cat, I actually went through many little stretches like that.....of feeling kind of dull and bored and down. And I'd start thinking that maybe I'd done something wrong....that surely by THIS point, I should be over this - and should be joyously living this new life....and every single time - just when I'd start thinking that I couldn't do it - that the memories of that drinking life even seemed better than "this" - I would wake up and turn a corner...a major corner. I don't think it comes without effort - You really have to keep making new goals - keep discovering - in the world and within yourself....or you can get stagnant and the most likely place your brain will turn is back to what it knows. So shake things up a little bit - try something new..... - even just get involved in a book....just something different. :-)

snapdragon - welcome back! I remember you too. :-)
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X