Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
    Happy Friday...it is harder than I thought to work with this darn eye....glad it is Friday....
    Facing the holidays sober seems overwhelming to me...I have NOT had a sober holiday and I can not remember when...I have never liked them..no kids and now it is just my dad and my husband....need a plan...
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning:

Hoping everyone have another AF day on Nov 2. Getting my massage chair fixed, today, finally.

Stressful few days coming up w court testimony, I plan on just hit the books to brush up on testimonial skills and write down what to say. Stress is usually my biggest trigger and this will be a big test.

Then I'll sit in the chair and slip into a coma...
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie - at least you haven't had to see your boss while you're healing...:-)

Alc - it sounds like a plan...when I feel all stressed out about something, writing things down helps me so much. Maybe just feeling prepared will take that edge off for you. Stay strong.

I forgot to say that since I had my cold a couple weeks ago, I haven't taken any calms forte or nerve tonic at night. I have been sleeping quite well - for me - and feel good...Even though they're homeopathic, I still like not taking stuff. :-)
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hope all is well-

Good luck in court Alkie.

Dottie- hope you feel better.

Thanks for the encouragement lolo!

The wife and I kind of had a heart to heart last night and it sounds like we are done. She just doesn't trust me anymore- i've broke her heart too many times. I will stay at home for awhile and she won't file for a couple of months at least (she has citizenship paperwork she wants to get done now) It was a big blow though. In the past I always thought if i straightened up she would take me back- and she would and then i would blow it.

I think I'm out of chances. I really thought about leaving while we were talking last night. Like 'what the Hell?' and go to hotel and grab a bottle. But I didn't. I do hold onto the hope that if i can beat this thing then she would take me back. If she doesn't I"m scared of where that would lead.

Well just thought I would share- have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, Matchee:l:l

I am so sorry and don't even know what to say-
            Good for you for being so strong last night and not turning to the bottle. Stick close. We are here for you!

:h Star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee....your story sounds a lot like mine...I had made so many promises only to break them that night I am so lucky...I got ONE more chance. But I knew it was the last one...I could see it in his eyes. He didn't believe me and he was sick of it, but each day that passed I got stronger and he gained a little faith in me. I don't know what to say to you, except that in my case, the AL HAD to stop. It was AL or my husband of 24 years....and it was a HARD decision, if you can believe that. But it was really a choice of whether to live or die. I was killing myself.

I don't know if your marriage will survive...wish I had a crystal ball, but I can tell you that if you are like me....you are in the fight of your life. It IS worth it. It IS hard. But it can be done, and I'm living proof. One day sober...two days...and it is an investment in yourself. My quit is the foundation of my life, and I'm guarding with everything I've got. I don't know if you will get the 'last chance' like I did...but even if you don't, do it for you. Get your life back and the other pieces seem to work better too. Everything works better sober. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab said "Hi Dottie - at least you haven't had to see your boss while you're healing...:-)"
                Yes there is an up side to this after all.....
                Dottie.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1404236 wrote: Morning all,
                  Happy Friday...it is harder than I thought to work with this darn eye....glad it is Friday....
                  Facing the holidays sober seems overwhelming to me...I have NOT had a sober holiday and I can not remember when...I have never liked them..no kids and now it is just my dad and my husband....need a plan...
                  Dottie
                  Dottie, this will be a first for me, too, since high school. I started a thread last night on "what are your plans for a sober holiday?" I'm hoping we get lots of guidance there. Check it out and contribute your thoughts.

Cat
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee:

I'm so sorry to hear that. You can't change her or her mind, only can change yourself and if it changes her mind, great, if not, you still gain a new healthier life so it's a win win situation regardless when you focus on your alcohol issue.

But definitely get some support because divorce/separation is very stressful and I hope you have a strong support system. We are also here if you need us!!!!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Must be Friday - Time for an Avatar Dedication Change - This one is for looking up to you guys as I enter another weekend of temptations. See you on the other side of Monday.

Be Good!
                      -Fin
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin- just try to steer clear of the temptations- fake illness if you have to :yukko:
                        Stay Strong :l

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee, I'm glad you're here and I like your attitude....there's no possibility of setting anything right by drinking....however no bad can come from not drinking.....

fin, I'm gonna call you the man of a thousand faces....you look different in every photo! I like this one too. :-)

Hang tough this weekend...go back and read your posts from when you first made it past those temptations and how great it felt - how empowered you were. And when Monday comes you'll have a week in again already!!! You know what worked before - and what didn't. Do what did.
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Man of many faces...yep, but trying to put the drunk one to bed once and for all! This one was caught out in the rain oh, and nice attempt at a beard. It's like a 15 year old's attempt...all peach fuzz.

The main temptation this weekend comes Sat night. It's a heavy music night with jamming at our local Harmony House music school and then a performance with the Blue Canyon Boys. It's such a great venue and the IPAs typically flow big-time but as you guys have reminded me, I managed to not drink the last time we preformed and it was great in the end.

I WILL be good,
                            -FinRipping on Mando

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah, Fin, I remember that day!

Fin;1394236 wrote: Mornin' Folks,

I can't begin to express how [expletive] good I feel on Day 16. RC, to answer your question, last night was pretty effortless. There were beers all over the place and I'd be a fool to tell you I wasn't tempted, but only very briefly.

All I had to do last night was think back to the night before quitting 100% where I only had two, albeit strong IPAs (7.5% AL). Those two beers made me feel like shit about ten minutes after I pounded them. I was all tired and irritable and I DID NOT WANT THAT. Normally I'd just pound 4 more and then I'd forget about it. Ha!

Anyway, you're right. Had my drinking self been there I would have stayed much later drinking any additional ability to play away for no good reason. Instead, we hit the back of the venue and had one of the most amazing spontaneous jams out in the alley. We had this guy ripping on claw hammer banjo, our guitar and fiddle player and myself. After about 20 mins, we were all totally stoked and agreed that we had to get together again as there was "chemistry".

I can guarantee you that opportunity would have never happened all fucked up on AL. Excuse my language, but we're all adults here and I'm just pissed that I've wasted so much time and energy with my head in a bottle. Anyway, last night was perfect. Stayed just long enough, but not too long as to wear it out and eventually black it out.

Yeah and again, there were moments of wanting an IPA pull, but they were few and fleeting -- thank god.

Have a successful day, everyone.

Be good,
                              -Fin

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1404448 wrote: Oh yeah, Fin, I remember that day!
                                Classic. Thanks SO much for exhuming that one!! That was a great night indeed...

Comment

Working...
                                X