I cat wait to get to my first day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie, thank you for my full moon, xx
        Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running in..... HI!

Matchee - ow, that's hard. Byrdie's got some great words she wrote there. I'm just wishing you all the best for now, take one day at a time and remember we're all here for you.

Fin - great new avatar. Thinking more a designer stubble than some teenage peach fuzzage. You WILL be fine Saturday. And we'll all be close by, like the good wee angels that we are, perched upon your shoulder

Cat... aha! Need to check your thread... the holiday's have been on my mind... Yep, the psychological cravings are still there for me. Even this evening leaving work... part of me wanted to stay and have a drink or 3 with work colleagues.... just because it was friday... just because i fancied it....just because, hell, the bar is just THERE. Just because.

So I said to myself, not this Friday, cos i'm teaching all day tomorrow (which is true)... and left. But it is hard. Have been reading posts about the post 30 day feelings... making new goals etc... they're all good... just feeling like i'm in some kind of limbo tho...

ANYWAY...

Hi Byrdie, Lav, Lolab Star, Dottie, Roon, and everyone else!

Running....out (well actually through to the kitchen....)

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo: HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Hope you all have a great weekend...remember that Fridays and Saturdays are just DAYS, not a pass to drink. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you drank there night before.

There's all my bits of wisom in a nutshell!

Stay strong, you CAN beat the Beast!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scots lady:

Did you find the medication forum yet? They are several people there from different countries and some probably from Scotland and can help you about getting topamax
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep today I feel flat and bored...good thing I cant drive...too far to walk to the deli...but the urge is very strong.....
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:
                  Well here I go again. However this time is different. I have told people I am an Alcoholic. :blush:

I left work, went to my Doctor and talked to him. I have a phone number for AA that I am going to call this afternoon and I have an appointment with addictions services on Nov. 16th. I however am going to try to get into addictions services sooner now that I am off work for a bit to get this stuff sorted out.

I really am going to try hard this time. By telling people it makes it real now.
                  I will keep you posted.

Day 1
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette:

good for you! I've also came clean w my drinking buddies and it's actually a good feeling to be honest.

Good luck and keep looking around to see what will work best for you. The trick is never quit trying and be willing to be open minded and try different things.
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you

Thank you.
                      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Nanette :l:l

We are here for you and are glad you are joining us! I forgot, have you found a link to the toolbox? Have you thought about a plan to get thru the day? I know this is hard for you, but it sounds like you are taking some positive steps to overcome. :goodjob:

:h Star
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie- You are doing GREAT :l
                          You are stronger than AL remember?:boxer:

Is there anything at home that you can think of to pick your spirits up? Movie you wanna watch? Book you have been wanting to read? Cake mix? Byrdie always likes to bake cakes and give them away- it always makes me feel better to do something nice for someone who appreciates it.

Hey, does your doggie need a bath? Do you have a footspa?

I figured out how to get the toolbox link in my signature. Maybe you can find something in that link to help you get out of the slump-

Come on, girl- you can do it!!! Listen, you don't have a way to the deli anyhow, so stop tormenting yourself. How about eating a great big snack?

Ok, I'll shut up now :H:hitme:

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
                            Dottie...I'm sorry you are having an off day. Tomorrow will be better! You never have 2 bad days in a row!!
                            So far today...my favorite pair of shoes broke....I knocked over a 2 foot tall glass vase with sand and seashells in it....and I have a giant fever blister in my NOSE! (RC, don't you DARE!) However, I am in good spirits! (and NOT that kind!) In the grand scheme of things, I'd put this day in the win column!

Cat, I just use Lav's advice on eating the holiday goodies and such. If I think it's got AL in it, I ain't gonna touch it! Why tempt the Gods? I can avoid a rum ball and go for the cheese dip, no problem. I have never attended a party where all they had were rum balls...there is always something else. Eat before you go to these things. A LOT...letting yourself get hungry is going to make things harder to resist...drinking included. I always take what I want to drink, which is usually no caffeine diet coke (sorry Lola). The no caffeine sort of gives me a reason to take it, because I don't want to drink the caffeinated stuff and stay up all night. :wow: And people understand this. Most importantly, have your excuse ready to whip out immediately. That hostess will try her dangest to get a drink in your hand. One moment's hesitation can mean all the difference, too. Don't even look like you are thinking about it, NO THANKS...and then fill in the reason if you want to. Or MAYBE later...can get you off the hook. If you must go to a party, you will be amazed at how messed up other people get. I didn't notice that before (cause I was sideways). Also arrive later (after it's underway) and leave early.

Welcome, Nanette! We are so glad you've joined us! Star has given you the nickel tour...just jump right in. Star, great job on that link in your signature line! Look at you, you're gonna be put in charge of IT here shortly!

Hugs to all, as Lav says, Friday is just another day! Stay strong! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks star eating BIG snack right now...would read but cant..so I will look around here where I can make the font BIGGER...
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good girl, Dottie - a big snack will help loads :l

And I even increased the font size so you can read this better :H:H

Yep, Byrdie- I'll be in charge of IT in no time atall

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X