Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

that is great star!!!!!!!!!!!! how did u do that???
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie - after you type your post, look below and click on "Go Advanced".

Then highlight your post (click at the beginning of it and drag your mouse to the end of it so it's "highlighted"...look above and choose the little down arrow next to "sizes" and choose a bigger number....you can always "preview post" from below - to see how it's going to look....

This is also where you can find all the smilies....the box to the left with the smilies can be expanded by clicking on "more"....a new window will open up with tons of emoticons to choose from.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks:
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

KEWL
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Having a hard time

I feel I'm right back to square one. It just drives me crazy that I can't figure myself out. My life is so good...can't understand why I want to drink! The one great change this time is that I have been getting on and reading and posting so much more than I ever have. I used to feel that if I was drinking, there was no reason to come here.
            sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Faithful -
              It's good to see you! Most of us can't figure out why we drank, other than the fact that we are addicted to alcohol. I drank on every day that ended in "Y" and when I was happy, sad, mad, upset, celebrating, depressed, lonely, etc...you get the picture!

I was finally able to quit when drinking became harder than not drinking. If you're at that point, you'll understand that completely.

Please stick close. It sounds like you're ready to make some changes...we here for you, and we can help!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie I hope your eye is improving. Inthe mean time Star and Lolab I had a much needed laugh over the font size in your replies to Dottie. Thanks!
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

me 2 laugh was much needed!!
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Faithful:

Agree w k9. Just travel through different threads and see how others have quit. Everyone is different, so try different things and see which will work for you. Find your way out and if one method fails, try another, just don't give up!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 47 in the Big Sober House (for Dottie)

dottie, emily, nanette, faithful

It's Day 47 in the Big Sober House. 10pm. Stella and the chooks are keeping themselves amused with teasing Maxie. Matilda meanwhile reclines in a deckchair reading The Woofington Post, Kin Charlie, beside her, reads The International Herald Tribone and Pug and Chi share a copy of USA Woofday.

Dottie is in the house with her magnifying glass.

LOLA: Alright Dottie?

DOTTIE: Yes, Byrdie, I'm fine.

LOLA: It's Lolab.

DOTTIE: Yes, I see it's Lolab, Byrdie. Just come in from outside has she?

LOLA: No, I'm Lolab.

DOTTIE: No, Byrdie, you're Byrdie. Are you feeling ok? Deary me. Must be the change in the weather. I thought it was feeling a bit blustery this week.

LOLA: There's been a storm.

DOTTIE: A wee storm you say Byrdie?

LOLA: A BIG Storm. Like a Hurricane kinda big storm.

DOTTIE: Well, who'd have guessed, eh?

There's a knock at the door.

VET: I'll get it.

LOLA: Thank you Tissue-boy.

VET: Must you call me Tissue-boy? What's wrong with, like Sarge.

KUYA: We got one already.

TECHIE: ME! Damn. Sarge voice is not effective when the rest of the post is written in large font.

Vet get's the door.

NANETTE: Hello.

BYRDIE: A NEWBIE! - let her in, open your arms everyone, big welcome hugs to the newbie!

FAITHFUL: Hello...

BYRDIE: WHOA! Another Newbie! Guys, get the welcome pack out will ya?

LAV: Getting it Byrdie.

DOTTIE: Who are you all speaking to? I can't a see a damned thing.

EMILY: Hello, I've been here a few days...

BYRDIE: Of course you have! And your welcome pack is here also... Only we ran out of dog food, so had to feed it to the mutts. But Lola's been out and we got some new welcome pack grub and surprises in there for you, Em'. Beautiful name, by the way.

LAV: Byrdie?

BYRDIE: Yes, Lav?

LAV: Not like you to be bare footed...

BYRDIE: Broke my favourite pair of shoes, Lav.

LAV: Oh. Can't you wear another pair?

BYRDIE: I'm in mourning.

LAV: Mourning?

BYRDIE: My broken shoes?

LAV: Oh.

LOLA: Weirdo.

LAV: And Byrdie.

BYRDIE: Yes, Lav?

LAV: What's with the seashells on our bedroom floor?

BYRDIE: I knocked over the vase they were in...

DOTTIE: Did you no' SEE them?!?! Hahaha.

BYRDIE: (sarcastically)
                      No, as a matter of fact I -

LOLA: Were you drunk?!?! Hahahahaha.

BYRDIE: No, I was -

K9: And what is that going on up there in yer blower, Byrdie?

BYRDIE: SHUT UP!

NURDL: Hahahahahahahahahaha......Hehehehehehehehehe...... ..Hahahahahaa

BYRDIE: You too Nurdl, shut it -

NURDL: Hahahahahahaha.....Hehehehehehehehehe........Hahah ahaha

BYRDIE: I swear I'm gonna rearrange the shape of your blower if you don't stop sniggering -

NURDLE: But Byrdie, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8[/video]](click here folks!)
                      it's a little bit funny -

LOLA: You mean, this feeling inside?

LAV: Yes! I mean, I'm not one of those that can easily hide

KUYA: That laughing at something

CAT: Is often a cure

STAR: When feeling blue

EMILY: Or a little demure.

BYRDIE: ALRIGHT! Stop your singing. If you can call it that...

The housemates gradually get ready for bed. Lav goes out to count the chooks. As usual, she's one down. Stella. But we all know where Stella is. Yes, that's right, Stella is pining at the Booze Shed. Maxie picks Stella up in his mouth and takes her to the coop

STELLA: One day Maxie - you and me, ok? You and me, we're gonna get the keys to that damn Booze Shed and we're gonna get real... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG

Comment

Newbies Nest

What?!

Comment

Newbies Nest

My nose is screwed up, my vase is in a million pieces in the trash, my best shoes are shot. I guess I should look on the bright side, I still have the one shoe. Maybe I can just hop around. Me and Dottie Bell with one eye!!! What a pair!

RC, you are going to hell, making fun of old people! So is Star! That font thing was great!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the laugh!!

Faithful, welcome back...none of us got it on the first try....settle in and tell us what happened....hugs to all, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ladies! Jut wanted to ask the older wise ones. I have been AF since nov 2011. Went to Florence past five days and had wine over the corse of the week with dinner on a Couple o nights. Don't feel like I'm back to my old habits of daily drinking. In fact most of the time I didn't enjoy it but had 'tasters'

I'm actually not worried I'm gonna start drinking again as it doesn't sit well with me. The question is what do I do with my tally of AF days? It is the one thing that has kept me going for the past year. All but for this past few days I have been totally AF. Can I continue my tally?

Comments thoughts and ideas welcome :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC that was hilarious...you are truly gifted!!!
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X