Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

RC :H :H
    You certainly deserve a blue ribbon for your creative writing!
    btw - when Stella does finally get into the booze shed.....
    all she's going to find in there is dust & chicken feed

Dottie, do you have access to any audio books on CD? That may help keep you entertained until you can get back to reading.

MinStar, glad you had a nice trip!
    You are on the doorstep of your 1 year anniversary. If you were indeed able to have that wine without waking up the addiction monster then good for you! I am too fearful to even consider trying something like that. Glad you are doing so well

Hi Faithful, welcome back! Jump into the nest & make yourself comfy! Stay close & let us know how you are doing.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I made it into a chapter of Big Sober House!!! Thanks RC. You're a genius by the way. Hope you're feeling better Dottie. ~n
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone...u all have kept me entertained tonight....
        The blob in my eye is getting smaller...WooHoo....so maybe by Monday I will be able to drive...
        Mindless TV tonight and of course checking in here...
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just want to say welcome to Nanette and Scots! Lady (hope I got the names right).

K9, thanks for posting your famous quote again "a craving never lasts as long as a hangover, you'll never wake up in the morning and wish you had drank the night before." That is one of the all time best ones.

Everyone have a great AF weekend, it is so worth it! I'm trying to check in more often now, so I'll see you all later!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Never been to this site before. Am enjoying taking a look around. The quote posted above is great and will probably help me from having a glass of the wine sitting over there on the counter. Thanks!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

SamieJ welcome. I am new too. Today is day 1 for me again. I am currently planting an Amaryllis. It is going to grow day by day with me. It is going to remind me that we are both growing stronger and will blossom during our journey together.
              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the welcome Nanette. I just finished dinner with my daughters and am just relaxing. I just saw under someones name a message saying she loved her daughter more than alcohol. I liked that as well. This looks like a good place be tonight :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nine o'clock and I am off to bed. I did it! YAY day1 done. This feels different. I am really ready for my AF life. Tried posting the picture of my amaryllis sober buddy but couldn't. I will have to figure out how to post a profile pic. I will save that for Day 2!

Good night everyone.
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Nanette! Looking forward to seeing the amaryllis!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, samie: welcome! It's good to have a buddy, Nanette, to do this with! Wish both of you luck!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

just a quick update of my progress

it's 10.47 am here in the UK and I've already posted my day in roll call as I know I will not drink tonight.

What I'm finding is from yesterday, and I still feel very fragile today, is the whole reality of my financial situation and my business situation is hitting me and I can't help but blame myself. Even though I did my best, (although did I? when half the time I was escaping with wine then not getting things done due to nursing a hangover?) I feel I've failed and feel very weepy and full of self pity - this whole mess is my doing.

I felt on top of the world at the beginning of the week and I expect this is the mood swings that I've heard other people posting about. Apart from you guys no-one in my word of reality knows the absolute battle I've had getting to where I am today and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

At the moment I feel sick and tired of trying to get my business established, of pretending to everyone that I'm doing great and oh how successful I am, and that we're not skint and struggling and haven't even afforded to go on holiday this year, even for a couple of days! - I can hear that voice inside saying - I told you so, who do you think you are? - trying to be a business woman, look you've failed, it's not working.

I am a positive person and I'm allowing myself to wallow for a bit in all this misery (I just kept bursting into tears yesterday and it's so unlike me!) and I know my mood will get better. I'm hoping that the Universe sees my commitment and will work with me to help turn everything around.
                        Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Of course you are doing your best and Emily, you have to realise that is all we can do. Your drinking was not done out of arrogance but out of a need to numb the pain.

You know that you must FORGIVE yourself ..... You did and are doing your best.

And yes your emotions are worse due to recovering and it WILL get better, I promise :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Overcast & chilly here in this portion of the nest but at least it's not raining/

Hello & welcome Scots lady, Samie J & welcome back Nanette!
                            A good plan is essential for success so be sure to put one together for yourselves
                            Please be sure to read the MWO book, it has lots of info for you.

emily, negative thinking is a learned habit! None of us are born negative thinkers. I fell into that habit myself years ago & it caused me lots of problems & misery. I actually worked an online program called 'Habit Busting' just before finding MWO. I was able to rid myself of that bad habit & believe in myself again. Think about doing something like that for yourself

Wishing everyone a great AF day!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ugh....back to day 1

Well I hate the fact that I'm back to day one...and that I feel so crappy about it. Both physically and mentally. I just have no reason for the downfall other than just feeling like why can't I have a drink? Well then I think well dummy it's because "you" cannot have just one! The big hurricane came here in the NE and I felt well yeah I will just have a couple then as far as I can tell I drank all week . Not all day just each evening tho. Today I want to stop again. I rwalize I cannot moderate, I have to stop completely! Ugh!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and just want to say hello especially to the newcomers... Hope you feel better today and remember we are all doing this for our health.

I love the fact this site is so packed with information and other people's experiences that I really learned a lot from reading the different threads. If I didn't find MWO 3 weeks ago and learned about kudzu and l-glut, I'd still be drinking 1.5 bottles of wine a day. I didn't think I could ever quit.

I wish you guys luck and definitely find a solution to your way out!!!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X