Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow! It's been quite some time since I have checked in!!! I can't even catch up right now. I hope you all are doing well. I am going through a family tragedy right now, but I wanted to stop in and say hello! Hope you are all doing well, and I will check in soon. Big hugs and lots of support!!! Love and hugs to you all!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dad issues here rearing ugly head again! urgh big sister having another problem and blaming us all! urghh.dang it I miss my Dad!
      *sigh* such melodramas!
      chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

"dang" *sigh*
        chicken (frugh!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay!
          Sooty is on my case! Yay!
          Thanks,
          The Sooty! Need u right now!
          Luv a disgruntled Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

How is everyone this fine Sunday morning?

Congratulations Chicken for posting your story today! Family dramas certainly can suck the life out of you. Hope your sister settles down soon.
            Wishing you comfort & strength, we're all here for you, you know that!

Chops, where have you been - great to see you!

Looking at another sunny, hot & humid day here. Whatever needs to be done outside has to be done now because I will be hiding in the AC during the Have to make sure my chckens have plenty of feed & water to make it through the day

Wishing everyone a great AF day, will check in later.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, sorry you're suffering with the weather - it sounds really tough conditions for you to put up with. You must be so grateful for AC.
              Things ok this end today, visitors not here this evening thank goodness so easily AF - and feeling so much better for it.
              Chicken I've just sent you a message but hope you'll soon be back and clucking away to us all
              Best of luck for the rest of Sunday wherever you all are
              Sooty x

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'd Evening, Nest dwellers!

A little better today, in my neck of the woods... seeing a little progress, which is having a big impact on my frame of mind. A bit more optimistic today - actually having some hope now. Spoke with 2 of my neighbours here this morning - they have been turning their heads the other way when passing by my property and were thinking to themselves that I would have a nervous breakdown or go out and shoot someone if and when I saw this mess.

Chops and Chicken, I'm so sorry you're having family issues Lav is right, they DO suck the life right outta ya. Thankfully, all is well family wise with me and mine - something to be grateful for.

Sooty... keep your chin up with your visitors... sounds like you're gonna give them a big happy wave good-bye?

Ok, I better check on my chicken (the one in the oven :H) - *sigh* I get to cook with my beautiful black glass top stove/convection oven today... whoohoo!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Time to call it a day Nesters,

Fairly quiet around here this weekend!

Chicken, I'm thinking about you and sending you strength vibes!

Sooty, good to hear you are surviving your guests! Don't let them get to you. Our weather gets tiresome around here. Now with the start of 'Hurricane Season' things will get real interesting for a couple of months........

Sunni, glad you're able to make some progress on the home front. Nice that your neighbors had you in their thoughts, too bad they couldn't have run some interference for you.

Well, good night to all. Hoping for a successful week for all of us
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Sounds like everyone has been facing their challenges. Sunni, it has to be tough to deal with the aftermath of some negligence (for lack of a better pc term - I'm sure you can think of others). Sounds like you're making some progress putting things right again. Hope all goes well -- try to keep it a labor of love.

Chicken - it felt good to read your story - felt like there was really some relief in getting it off your chest. Keep on clucking. Hi Sooty. Glad you're free from the guest-stress a bit. Enjoy your peace and quiet.

Me? I've managed to make it through another weekend - by gods' grace I guess. After a quiet friday evening out to dinner, Saturday evening was a bbq - some fun, but felt some heat for not drinking -- used my blood pressure excuse. Today we got some storms on the golf course; since I don't typically drink and golf anyway, it wasn't hard to stay af through the rain delays. We finished pretty late, so no one was hanging around for drinks after, so some more pressures and temptations were avoided. Looking forward to day 28 af tomorrow.

Lav - it's been hot here too. I think we get a lot of your weather before it heads east... stay cool and snuggle-up to that ac unit. G'nite all and take good care!
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, miserable day here again - not that i envy all of you in the high humidity zones, but a bit of sunshine would be nice now and again.
                      Visitors off out again (hip hip) not back till tea time so if I get everything sorted by then it should be less stressful (says she hopefully).
                      Hope everyone has a good day - chicken are you back with us my little feathered friend?
                      See you all later I hope - if not I'll log in tomorrow morning
                      Happy Monday everyone - keep strong
                      love sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everyone came thru the nite OK!

The heat wave is on............93 degrees & humid again today & tomorrow.......
                        This weenie will be hiding in the AC, as usual! I just seem to have zero tolerance for this weather anymore!

TranqWilly, good for you coming thru the weekend unscathed! There is absolutely nothing wrong using the B/P excuse for not drinking. My B/P did come down when I quit and came down even more when I went nicotine free. I don't mind reducing my chance of developing heart disease, etc. - not a bit

Sooty, you're hanging in there, good for you girl! When does your company leave? I'd love to send you some of this weather but you really wouldn't want it, honestly

Well, off to find my indoor project for the day.
                        Have a great AF Monday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everybody!

Happy Dance! It is Monday - and we are past the weekend (which for me is among the most challenging of times).

Sooty - sending good wishes your way. Having visitors can be so challenging.

TranqWilly - I say "do whatever it takes" to stay AF. I am still struggling with plausible excuses to tell people why I don't want to have AL. I have been just shrugging and saying I'm not in the "mood" and hopefully over time me not drinking will be more the norm.

Lavande - sending cooler weather your way!

The kids started school today. They were ready for school - summer was getting boring and with boredom comes bickering.
                          ODAT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Lav you cracked me up with your line about catching heart disease if it would help.

Det, one thing I would suggest is to stick with one story for everyone. I kind of got caught up trying to remember who I told what -- the trouble with white-lies I guess.

I do have high-bp, but one good thing is at my last checkup I got the doc to cut the bp med in half. A good thing.

Funny thing is Det, I really haven't been in the mood for a drink. That feels weird to me, but in a good way. Everyone else is still trying to figure out what's wrong with me. Kind of a strange situation I think, certainly not anything I've had to deal with before -- and I think some of it has to do with a missing piece of my identity -- like others act like I'm not really me now; I don't know maybe I act different too.

What's up? to Chick and Sunni - hope all is getting better.

Take care everyone.
                            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, after "sailing" through 4 days AF, and almost making it 5 (broke into the box at 11:30pm Sat. night)--I am re-evaluating and contemplating my intentions. Defaulted Sat and Sunday and now Monday.
                              Just now ordered the book/cds/kudzu/lglutamine and gaba. Thinking of picking a start date or maybe just letting it happen?
                              Why am I so strong in so many other areas but not in this? Aarrghh.
                              How specifically is everyone resisting their temptations?
                              TranqWilly, LaVande, Sunshine, thanks for your encouragements.
                              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

.....Chicken shakes head , looks inward and self-reflects....
                                Hmmmmmmm????????????????????
                                *peep*

Comment

Working...
                                X