Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

WELL DONE NURDL ON YOUR 60:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapcla p::clapclap:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl, well done.!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Nurdl! You're my idol!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, lavande and Byrdie! Thank you so much guys! I think more than anything I am a little annoyed at being so close to the one year mark and had a blip. I still am acutely aware of the path I was walking and do not think I am in any position to moderate. I fear that the old ways will come knocking far too quickly. Lolab you pretty much summed up my thinking in the last part of your post. More than anything I have to be on my guard!

Came home from Gatwick last night and hubby ha vino open. It was so tempting to think holiday still on and have a bit. I even took a sip- didn't like it and had nothing. Tonight- again I had a thought to have the last part of his vino but let that thought pass an now I'm safe in bed with an AF day behind me.

It was empowering to have the option to say I cab have a bit if I want to ( and some days I did) and then not if I want to.

However, I'm not fooled by my 'moderate' drinking. Even as I was having a glass I was thinking of where then next one would come from. I was very aware and am under no circumstances considering moderating. Totally AF for me again. So back to my question of AF days- can I have a get out of jail pass Byrdie and still celebrate a year. Only 19 days to go :-)

Thanks do much ladies for making me feel better about my blip but more so- ensuring this devil doesn't take hold again. As I said a year ago- my daughter is too precious to me and I will not go down that road again. We hold these trips (old university friends) every year. I need to be better prepared for them next year.

Hope everyone on the nest is safely tucked xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think the important thing for you now is to be TOTALLY AF for an extended period. The risk right now is the lizard brain thinking in a week or so.....I had a couple, it was fine....see, I am not an alkie! A year or so later.....day 1 again.

My ex had a father who drank twice a year for 20 years, just 2 drinking days a year ....... But that was after 20 years of being a violent drunk who messed up ALL his kids and wife's lives. It can be done .....but is it worth the risk??

I don't know.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar! It's not my count, it's yours! I tell you what....stick around for the next 19 days and on your one year anniversary I will tell you what I think! Gosh, nothing like putting a girl on the spot! :H I admire that you are right back on track, that is the most important thing. I am so proud of you!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Nurdle!!!!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady I really like your last post to Minstar. You are very wise.

Minstar if you would have been happy with 365 days then 19 short of 365 should be good too. I am on Day 2 and hope to be AF still on day 346. Be proud of the 346 days. Even if you start at Day 1 or more by now, you have alot to be proud of too! I know I am just starting so I don't really know but good for you to get as far as you did. I lasted 1 day the first time I joined this group 10 days or so ago.

I named my Amaryllis sober buddy, Stella. Hopefully I can figure out how to change my profile pic and you can meet her. Hee Hee.
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette, you may get pecked to death using the name, Stella, for your posey. You see, our Nest Mum, Lav's favorite chicken's name is Stella...(star of stage and screen). If you insist on using the name, you may have to specify between the booze seeking chicken, and your beautiful flower! :H
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok I think I might be missing something. Is there a profile picture on my posts? Do I not see them when I post?

Stella got her name from the voice activated coffee maker at my work. Sorry in advance for any confusion. Hee hee:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Change=Freedom....on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, please accept this major award for 7 full days of kicking AL arse! :moon: I couldn't be more proud of you! Nobody but one of us could possibly know the range of emotions you've had these past 7 days. Well done!!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette I dont see a profile picture?
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

WTG CHANGE! THE WORST IS OVER ! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well back to the drawing board.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanners, what happened in the last 5 minutes? I was going to explain about Stella!
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X