Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

allankay;1405475 wrote: First day of my new job tomorrow.

Shirts ironed - check
    Prepare paperwork - check
    Find my balls - to do...

Feels like my first day at school

ALLAN
    Good luck Allan, you'll be awesome. Make sure you tell us how it went!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya,

I am filled with nervous excitement. Kind of like a first date feeling.

AK
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome Wizz!
        Glad you found us, please make yourself comfortable in the nest
        Distarct yourself any way you can to avoid picking up that beer. Take a look in our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas.

RC, how did you know Maxie saunters? She truly does :H :H

Allan, wishing you a great first day at your new job!
        We will all be anxious to hear how it went. Starting something new really is exciting!

7am here & time to refill my coffee cup. Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning:

Nanette: what a wonderful idea and congrats to all your AF days!!

Change: you're doing awesome. You must be proud of yourself because you are the one who did the hard work

WizZ: I hope you pull through today. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. Just delay and procrastinate on that drink

Dorothyfree: sounds like you re doing better.

Hope everyone have a great AF Sunday and I'm just going to hit the books today to prepare my testimony in court tomorrow.
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

wizz-There was a great quote on someones post a page or two back that said "If you drink at home, go out. If you drink while out stay home. I have been spending alot of time at Walmart hee hee.

Running Courage - I am so excited that Stella (flower) made the Big Sober House. She is very happy too. She doesn't show it, she looks pretty much the same when she isn't happy, but I know.

Today I set my alarm to get up early because I am going to my first AA meeting. Any thoughts on AA in the group?
            AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Last night I dreamt I went to an alcohol tasting.... Whisky and wine (huh???) I was a couple of tastings in when I realized I shouldn't be drinking and woke up in a major panic. I know this sounds crazy, but does dream drinking hurt the recovery process? Not that I could stop it I guess. My mind is betraying me!

Thanks

PS. I'm 6 days AF
              http://baclofentreatment.com/
              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, mom, bet you feel great!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well just think even in your dreams you are realizing that you have decided to be AF. Good for you on 6 days too. I am at Day 3 and feeling hopeful.

Have a good day.
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom, drinking dreams are common! I think they helped me actually....when I woke up in a panic and realized how sick and remorseful I was, it helped me strengthen my resolve not to let it happen in real life.
                    Nanners, it looks like Stella (the flower)'s name has stuck!
                    Welcome Wizz we are so glad you found us!
                    RC...everyone thought that it was odd that a chicken had plyers but no one thought it was odd that a chicken talks??? Bahahahah! You crazy (as we say in the South)! Do you realize you have affected this whole sight??? I know, it's nuts. Everyone loves you! (cept Stella (the chook)).
                    This time change takes some adjustment. Of course, I woke up an hour early....B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                      I forgot to fall back last night....but at least we dont have to be anywhere for a few hours...
                      Cold here so I will need to keep warm...
                      I have had drinking and smoking dreams..quit smoking over 25 years ago....showing my age here....
                      Slept well which is a good thing for me..
                      Off to do some fun things today...
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!
                        Thanks Byrdie (sorry didn't mean to Put you on the spot- more getting your advise and asking permission) thanks Kuya too.

I think I'll note the blip but continue my dirt year. I should be looking forward and not back

So many posts I have forgotten who else replied. Thanks and sorry of I've not commented.

Someone mentioned yet knew someone who allowed themselves some days off. Hard to stick to I would imagine. For me I want to go totally AF. Another person mentioned they would eventually get down the one road we are avoiding. I would definitely be there again- so no way can I do that. I just have to work hard at not slipping again at ALL.

Thanks again ladies. Be back later. A year in and I am still so reliant on you lovelies to help me. So thankful I found this place. I have still not told people the real reason why I don't drink. I need to start spreading this more. :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1405561 wrote: Mom, drinking dreams are common! I think they helped me actually....when I woke up in a panic and realized how sick and remorseful I was, it helped me strengthen my resolve not to let it happen in real life.
                          Nanners, it looks like Stella (the flower)'s name has stuck!
                          Welcome Wizz we are so glad you found us!
                          RC...everyone thought that it was odd that a chicken had plyers but no one thought it was odd that a chicken talks???
                          Bahahahah! You crazy (as we say in the South)! Do you realize you have affected this whole sight??? I know, it's nuts. Everyone loves you! (cept Stella (the chook)).
                          This time change takes some adjustment. Of course, I woke up an hour early....B
                          Sorry Byrdie - you got me there. What's so odd about a talking chicken?

In Scotland, we often use Heilan' Coos in churches to sing bass. They have such rich mellifluous voices that resonate well in church buildings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all, hope everyone is well. I'm having a rough morning. Wife has really expresses her determination to go thru with divorce. It's frustrating that I finally seem to be committed to sobriety and now she wants to leave me. This morning it got ugly and we argued. Said hurtful things to each other. I'm sorry but if she is leaving my sobriety is going to be in trouble. She now wants me out of the house.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee: I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you have a place to stay? If not, can she move out? Maybe let things cool down a but between you two would be good for now?
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee, this is an awful situation and my heart goes out to you. I have been through two divorces, one not my choice, so I can empathize, and I was drinking to salve my wounds during both. But will it help or hurt you now? When I finally decided to stop last month, it was because drinking cost me much more than the relief it provided. If you are at that point, drinking will only make this so much harder. If you have to move, you need to be sober to find a place, pack, etc. If you guys need a separation for her to come around, you need to be sober to regain her trust. Don't lose yourself if you can help it. You can post and PM all you need to release the pain you are feeling!!

Catbuddy
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X