Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nanette, I love the idea of your plant. I think I'll do something similar. A little gift of daily growth!

Allan, good luck! When is the last time you started a new job completely sober! How exiting this process will be. For me, the answer would be never. I hope to have a new job in the future, and I plan to kick ass from day 1 with my new clear head and body.

Mom, I had so many drinking dreams in my first month, and emotionally they bothered me a lot. I would wake up feeling a sense of failure for something I hadn't even done. It felt like my subconscious and my conscious mind were both conspiring against me. They have become less frequent now, and for certain the impact is less.

It's daylight savings time, and I get an extra hour to sit in bed drinking coffee and reading MWO. Later, I'm taking King Charlie for a 5 mile hike along the ocean with a group of dog lovers (I think almost 40 have signed up). Could be the start of dating again for Catbuddy. Cross your fingers for me. Jan 1 will be a year on my own (crappy day for a breakup, driven by him, and NOT the first time a man has ended it on Jan 1). As I stopped dating this year, tired of endless emotional pain, I gave up being social on the weekends, and just drank my time away. Really hastened that downhill slide. So now that I've pulled myself out of that hole, ready to start again.

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

matchee I am so sorry to hear that....like someone said maybe give it some cool down time..I too have been divorced 2 times and I sure don't want anyone else to go through that....
      Hang in here with the nest...
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the comments guys. We do have 2 kids 10 and 12 or it probably would've happened a long time ago.

I will probably have to leave.

Therein lies the danger.

Comment

Newbies Nest

matchee, I hope you have people you can be around right now. If you don't have a support system IRL, you always have us to talk to, and hopefully you will positively surprise yourself regarding the alcohol

Hi all, I'm so glad I found this website. I have been in denial for such a long time, but now I am forced to face up to my alcohol problem. I have yet to post any kind of 'my life with alcohol' story, I don't even know if that would be appropriate! The only thread I've started makes me feel so ashamed that I couldn't even watch my fingers as I typed the words.

Today is not a good day, but tomorrow could be.....
          Self harm free: 3years and 2 months
          Alcohol free: 37 hours

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Cat.

I feel like I have a lot to contribute now and can work at least 50% more efficiently. So they get more work done for their buck I get a good employer on my resume. A win win

Now is a good time to look for one, since you mentioned that you might be looking for a new job. The economy is slowly healing and I am seeing a lot more good jobs out there... So good luck to you.

ALLAN
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Back!

Hello to everyone! After a week long bender I am back. I have spent the last couple of hours trying to catch up but as I read a page another popped up so I apologize if I missed anything. Well, last Friday was my five year anniversary and my husband whisked me away for a romantic weekend. Well, I have been drinking everyday since. I am back and ready to start over again. Today is my 100th day 1 it feels like but I am not going to let that get me down! I feel like crap and my liver is crying out for help!!! I can't live this life anymore. I live in fear for what I have done to my insides yet I continue pouring that poison down my throat. I don't get it! @Byrdie: I read in one of your posts from a few days ago that you had a coworker that died of alcohol poisoning at 46. This struck a cord and is the reason I am about to pour out the rest of my bottle and am here now posting this post. The amount I drink sometimes I am amazed that I wake up some mornings and I fear that one day I won't be so lucky. How could I do that to my daughter, my family, my dogs...It's selfish and completely insane! I'm over it and ready to start a new life. While this journey is the hardest one I've ever taken I'm ready. I will be glued to this forum and make a promise to stay honest and beat this thing once and for all (I hope). I find inspiration and hope in this forum and as long as I am staying logged in and reading throughout the day I feel that I can do this. Love you guys and thank you for all being here for each other. Like so many others on MWO our quits would not be possible without the support found here!:l:thanks:
              One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys I'm on phone so can't address all right now but HAD to say matchee please please hang in there and don't use this as an excuse to start drinking again...think of your kids...they are at a very impressionable age and will think so highly of you -YES they will! - for keeping yourself together...a huge motivator for me was the message I was sending my son-that every celebration-every tragedy-every stressful situation had to be handled with alcohol...I think he NOW believes the exact opposite due to the example he's seen and the talks we've had....just imagine the thought provoking conversations you can have with them as they get older and are tempted to drink...they will be able to look to you as a great example....
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee so sorry to hear but maybe she wants PROOF that you can do this. Can that be your incentive for now?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi atso and :welcome:

Settle in and get to know us. Day 1 is hard! Drink loads of water with some lemon juice. Have you got any supplements? Try the tool box for lots of tips and advice.

IAM ....... Hi and back on the horse girl. Tis a learning curve, at least you are back in a week, took me 8 months after my first quit

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee, I am so sorry to hear this.. Just like they say on the airplanes...secure your oxygen mask first before assisting others. If you can get this beast at bay, maybe you will be able to work on the other issues you are facing. Nothing will be made better by drinking, even if the worst case comes to fruition. It took me a long time to regain the trust of my husband....and one drink would take all that away. It's not worth it. I hope that whatever happens, you can face it sober....I have never regretted one day I have spent sober. I can't count the days that I regret drinking.

ATSO, I read your story on another thread. I'm so glad you found us. You have landed in the best possible place if you are serious about kicking AL out of your life. The very first thing you have to do is get control of your mind....don't let it run away with 'what if' thoughts. Please visit the Tool Box (link is in my singature line) and get yourself a PLAN. Get all of the AL out of your house. ALL of it. You don't need a safety net, because you are not going to need it. You are going to succeed. Also, read back a couple or three weeks right here and get to know us. We have folks in all stages of their quit, so you are in great company. There isn't a story you could tell us that one of us hasn't done. I'm sorry you have this problem, but I'm glad you are taking steps to fix it. Welcome! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, atso:
                        welcome: you'll post your story when you are ready, no Hurry because I hope you will be here for awhile. I've just been here 3 weeks and I really couldn't have quit without the supplements and the mwo forum. Lots of great info and I ESP enjoyed the medication section where supplements and prescription meds are discussed.

Hi, iama: wondered where you were. Hope you are ready to be kinder to your liver. That's why I quit to begin w, I began to imagine myself having liver failure. I've told my friends about quitting and surprisingly they are great. They still drink around me, but they drink less so it helps.

Matchee: if you do have to leave, then I hope you stay w a relative or a friend instead of in a hotel by yourself... That way, you will get emotional support from someone and less likely to relapse too... I imagine you have a lot to so and emotions all over the place, not mentioning having to talk to your kids about this... I don't want to give you false hope but listen, I separated from my husband for 3 months before, and then found out how hard it was to be a single mom, so got back together w him! So remember to stay sober, go see the kids, be nice to her when you do see her, etc. it won't hurt the situation (may hurt your pride briefly), and good luck, ok?
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nest mates!
                          I am on my phone also and battery is dying. Just wanted to say congrats to change. Good luck to Allen. Welcome to Nanette, wizz and Asto. Prayers for matchee. Welcome back iama-missed you! Hellos to Byrdie, lav, and all stellas, Lolab, kuya, cat, RC, minstar and everyone else. Have a safe night. Be back when I have better equipment!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, I'm sending you good thoughts - you're going to have a great day! And they're lucky to have you.

Can't wait for the next episode...:-) sooo funny!

I am sorry folks....it's been a busy weekend, and I am pooped! Will try to find a bit of time tomorrow to catch up....

lola
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well day 3 down. Went to my first AA meeting today. My husband came home and I told him how bad things were and that I am now on the road to being AF. Tomorrow is a new day. Off to bed now. I will post a day 4 picture of Stella tomorrow to show you her progress. Until then good night and good dreams to everyone.
                              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Was today possibly the longest day ever? Geez :H

Hello & welcome ATSO!
                                Please settle in, make yourself comfortable & know that you are supported here. Have you read the MWO book yet? It has lots of good info for you & you can download the .pdf from the Health store here on the site.

Matchee, I am so sorry about your situation. I believe in turning a shitty situation into a new opportunity. This just may be your chance to make the changes you need to make & male yourself over. Please hang on

Sending good thoughts to Allan!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X