Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's a bitch, Daisy....but there is something you can do! THAT'S the good news! You aren't powerless...it is inside you covered over by AL! It is there....reach WAY down and get it! Take your life back...I believe in you!! I know you can do this....I've SEEN you do it! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

and lolaB; the only way I can stop is to pour it out which I did do last night. I have read others here have even thrown wine glasses out. Because the people about me know I was drinking again, they are glad and will now be looking for their drinking partner back so I know they will be contacting me over the weekend. The good thing is that I am looking after a little 6yr old girl from Fri to Sun, so that is a good excuse to deter them.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola, who do you think said those words to me? Thank God she did, too! Got my head out of my arse! B
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

good job Daisy....I never realized how much that vodka of my husband's was screaming at me until he stopped too...It's a miracle that I made those first 30 days to be honest. and I've got family members who would REJOICE if I'd drink with them again....honestly, it's sad.

hmmmm....Byrdie...did it start with an L and end with a V???
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why, yes, Lola....it dang sure did! That woman was the best thing that ever happened to me! Where is she anyway? B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marvelous Monday Morning All-

Sorry I am a lil AWOL on the weekends. I do check in as frequently as possible, but because of my workload on the weekends, I don’t have as much time to post and reply.

Hey Snapdragon- LOL, when I say “I am on my phone”- that means I am typing the posts from my phone, not talking at the same time. I surely couldn't do that! It's hard enough just to type from the phone. And about remembering to post about everyone, I can't do that either. After I posted last night, I realized I had forgotten to mention my good friend Dottie. How could I forget Dottie??

Hello Dottie, me running mate!!! I didn't mean to leave you out of my post last night- I was and am thinking about you- you are doing great and I admire you!

Welcome back, Hitting 40 and IAMA- we are scooting over to make room for you- you know what to do- so get comfy and get to work!

Hi Nanette- you and Stella II -Apple Blossom sound and look great. Thanks for joining in- the more the merrier!

Daisy- :lyou are the furthest thing from annoying, sweet lady. Please come sit by me- we are going to do this. Nurdle is on my other side and she has over 60 days- I bet some of that will rub off on us!

Roonie- glad you are feeling better- you sound GREAT!

Back later for more-

:h Star
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy, I remember you from back a ways, and I'm glad you're back here! I remember that you were really into your painting, and your passion for it really stood out. Being AF for a while now, and rekindling those passions for me has been a huge part of reconnecting with myself. Those things are separate from the drinking for me, because they are about the real me. I want to grow older doing those things that my heart tells me I was meant to do, things that enrich my life. Not just dulling it away, and letting the months pass me by. You helped me a long time ago by posting about that stuff and it rolled around in my head and I got some meaning out of it. It's good to see you again!

This is a great day to be AF, my friends. Even if it isn't comfortable at the moment, just struggle through it (I stole that one from Lav too...). Byrdie is so right about the peace that comes with being AF for a while.

Hi to my old friends, Lav, Byrdie, Lolab, Daisy, and all the new ones too! I'm trying to be more of a regular here.
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Starfish and Pinecone; aw, you are so kind. Pinecone, I cannot believe you mentioned the painting because I have just been on the phone this last half hour with the lady who runs the drama group I painted for. I have committed myself to do a backdrop for their next show, in 4 weeks time. So every second of my time is now dealt with for the next month. What is really wierd is she wants a country scene and includes 2 signposts. One is where I live now and the other is the little village where I was born - she didn't know until I told her. Spooky, coincidence, meant to be, a sign?!!!!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Off to take dear old dad to the doctor..he cant find his way anymore..he shouldn't be living alone but wont even discuss another arrangement and I dont want him living here that would surely drive me to drink....

Star here we are on day 36...who would have thunk it 36 days ago..... we will do this!!!

gotta run
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy! It is nice to see you back. Please do pull up a twig next to Star and I. We are not leaving the nest, no way, no how. It's comfy and warm here (as opposed to my still powerless house - it's been a week now). There's plenty of support, love, laughs, and good ideas. It's great to have you hear. Morning Star. I've missed you all. This place moves so fast I can hardly keep up. Have a great day all.
                      ~nurdl
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy: sounds like a sign if I've ever seen one!!! Like a blessing in disguise maybe???
                        One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Daisy! That's some sign if I ever saw one! I think we all help each other here even if we don't know it. When you posted about the painting a while ago, it made me remember that I had things that enriched my life that needed to get re-connected to.

Dottie, great job on your 36 days! I remember that my emotional state starting repairing around that time. I just sorta levelled off and a peaceful feeling started kicking in. There are so many blessings on this road.
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola & Byrdie -
                            I still don't want anyone leaving an open bottle in my house!
                            I don't give a damn if anyone brings AL here for their own consumption but they just can't leave it here. I'm strong in my quit but I'm also human & don't want an open bottle starting up my monkey mind with it's relentless screamming :H

To everyone struggling please take this bit of advice that I offer with love -
                            STOP BULLSHITTING YOURSELVES!

I received that advice from some elders when I first arrived here. Yes it was a bit harsh but in the end it made all the difference for me. At some point we cross a line & have to accept that we can just no longer drink safely
                            Acceptance of the truth & dealing with it by taking drinking as an option completely off the table made my life much easier. And here I am today. happier, healthier & looking forwrad to life without guilt & remorse.

You all can do it too!
                            Make a good plan, commit yourselves & get all of the AL out of the house! That's what I did
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Stella a.k.a Apple Blossom and I are on day 4! We are both doing well. I think that I am going to go back to Stella because it just feels right. I am pretty sure that Chick Stella will be alright with that.

I have been a little worried about something. I have always been good at "Chart Making". Let me explain. When my kids were little I would get in in my head that a chart would help with doing chores around the house and behaviour issues. Oh the charts I would make. Colour, stickers, pictures. It would be a work of art that took two days to make. It also took two days for me to stop using it because I couldn't follow through. It got to the point were I heard my son say to his sister, "Oh here comes another chart for us not to use."

This chart making behaviour has been a part of every aspect of my life up to this point.

I am worried that I am obsessing about the quitting process and when my manic phase wears off I will not follow through. I however am thankful that I have had this thought because now I can put a plan together so that when this happens, (which past experiences would prove that it will), I will be prepared. I actually mailed a letter to my sister in Ontario to myself and asked her to mail it to me when she got it. I figure I should get it around the time that I start to falter. Cool idea eh? Well we will see.

As for today, Stella and I are going to do fine. I would not water Stella with poison so why would I water myself with poison. Poison is not good for either of us.

Thanks for listening (reading) Attached files [img]/converted_files/1977205=7114-attachment.jpg[/img]
                              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I first posted here on Saturday as Benni but lost all my login details so I?m back again with an extra ?i? ! It?s Day 3 for me and I?m really pleased to have got through my first sober Saturday and Sunday in years. I used a lot of advice I read on the site to get me through so thanks to everyone for their input. It?s fantastic that so many of you who have AF free for so long stick around to help us newbies out. To the guys back on day 1, hats off to you, I can?t imagine it?s easy to come back, but you?ve done it and it sounds like there are lots of people willing you on to succeed. Count me in with them. Bx
                                :new:

Comment

Working...
                                X