Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Benni welcome back. You and I are in the same boat. I am on Day 4. Good luck to both of us. I have quit for 4 days before so I am going to be more excited when I can say day 30, because I have never gone that long before. That is going to be my first goal. I just decided that while I was typing. Cool.
    AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette as my kids would say - Same Same. 30 days is my goal. I have done 3 days and 4 days before but I have never felt as determined as I do now. I'm focused and trying to plan for the weeks ahead. We can do it
      :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bennii with the extra "i" - Welcome to the nest! We've got all kinds of crazy going on here but please know that it's a good AF kind of crazy. Lav, thanks for the butt kick to all of us. Both the newbs and we who have been around the block need to hear this good advice over and over. Get Al out of the blasted house. Mine is gone gone gone. I did enjoy a tonic with lime in a pretty glass the other night and that made me feel much less deprived. Some might find it a trigger, I just get tired of juice, tea and soda so it was a real treat for me.
        Anyway, I was just doing a midday checkin-in. Later Abbers.
        ~n
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

hiya pinecone - nice to see you...welcome B B B Bennii - day 3 is awesome - and on a Monday!

nurdl.....sheesh - I can't believe you are still powerless!!! When is it supposed to come back on???

nope...me neither lav - no open bottles left here :no:...I learned that the hard way! Heck, that was sometimes my favorite part of the party! waking up the next day and having all of that just sitting here - waiting to be consumed.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! I hope you have all had a positive day (and for those of you who have not, tomorrow is only a matter of hours away!!). I wish I had the time to properly comb through the last few pages, but I've got to run soon

kuya: I drank so much water yesterday I felt like a fish haha! I'm looking through the forums whenever I get a chance to, and the tool box is amazingly helpful!!

Byrdlady: I am definitely serious about quitting, but then this has been true for about 6 months, when I stopped having the stuff in the house. I quit for about a month, then started just having one drink on a night out, then 2 glasses of wine over dinner..... Within 2 months of quitting I was drinking everyday again, and for the last 4 months I have just denied that there is anything wrong with that. Thank you for your positive sentiments, they cheered me up a little

Alcoholic: I'm really glad to hear that your experience here has been so positive!! Hopefully in 3 weeks time I'll have as many positive things to say about MWO (I'm sure I will, this is a fantastic forum!!)

Lavande: Thank you for the warm welcome I have yet to read the book as I didn't know it existed until now, but I'm looking forward to looking it up
            Self harm free: 3years and 2 months
            Alcohol free: 37 hours

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Atso: I certainly hope you will have as positive of an experience as I did. There were ups and downs at times but the most important thing is to focus on getting healthier. That's the main goal and I know I am a lot healthier today than I was 3 weeks ago. And it sounds like you are on that path as well!

Benii: welcome!! Hope you find your tools to help you get away from alcohol's control. It's possible! A lot of us here have done it! I was too afraid to try much for 20 years and until I saw what I knew instantly what would work for me. And I researched it on this site as well read up on other sites, read personal stories in the med sections. I love my l- glutamine and kudzu. Today went to gnc and vitamin shoppe on line and bought 1/2 year supply. I will never want to be without them again! But explore around. What works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Just keep looking!

Good luck all newcomers. Keep reading and research the stuff out there. The more you know, the options you have! Good luck guys!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running in....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

Hello Lav, Lola, Byrdie, Cat, Fin, K9, Nurdle, Rooni, Star, Dottie, DorothyFree, Nanette, Benni, Emily, Pinecone, VET, iama, Daisy, Alco, Kuya, Hitting40, Snap, Matchee, Atso...

Shit. Really wish i hadn;t started that. I KNOW i've gone and left someone off that list who has been posting here in the last 48 hours....

And -

Running out (back soon)...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Atso, you quit for a month so the good thing is you KNOW you can. Tis a matter of getting your head around why you started again.

It is all in the thinking, not drinking is easy it is the thinking that must be changed IMO.

Most people, by the time they have a problem, have been drinking for so long, everybody around them drinks, so they forget that drinking alcohol is NOT NORMAL, JUST COMMON.

If you saw a child drinking alcohol you would be horrified.....why? Their physiology is no different to an adults. Yet we have bought into the myth that adults drink alcohol

IN ANY AMOUNT ALCOHOL IS A POISON, ONLY IDIOTS DRINK POISON

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bennii;1406150 wrote: Nanette as my kids would say - Same Same. 30 days is my goal. I have done 3 days and 4 days before but I have never felt as determined as I do now. I'm focused and trying to plan for the weeks ahead. We can do it
                    30 days is a great goal, enough time to clear the head and get emotions settled a little.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick mid-afternoon hello to everyone. I'm having a really good day today. I came to a realization that made me cry this morning. If I don't stop drinking my 4 year old could potentially be forced to grow up without me. How would she feel feeling like I didn't care enough to quit for her and I basically drank myself to death? So, I cried for a bit and thought long and hard about the one best thing that has ever happened to me and what I am doing to her. I mean, I am a really good, loving, nurturing mother with or without AL but is she really getting ALL of me? I'm done with this shit! I picked her up from school and we went out and spent the day and had lunch and laughed and just enjoyed each other. So, I have a plan and it's NOT going to fail this time. It can't, for her, it can't. AL can go F itself and all the agony and embarrassment it's brought into my life! It has taken away way too many of my days and this shit is done! Sorry for the anger but I feel so angry that it took me so long to feel this way but at least I do now and it's not too late! Well, I'm going to go have another good cry and I'll check back in later. Hope everyone is having a fantastic AF day!!!
                      One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom2TJX3....on behalf of the Newbie's Nest, please accept this major award: :moon: You have kicked AL's arse for 7 full days....you have conquered all that the week can throw at you ...and succeeded! Well done! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day all!

Finished my first day at work. Very happy so far. However, I will be unable to post in the day time anymore as I have lost my phone privileges I mean I actually have to leave my phone in a designated locker before entering the office. It?s a whole security thing. WOW it?s a first. But I guess it?s fair when you are around sensitive information all day long and with a Smartphone you can potentially transmit large amounts of information without being noticed.

Very hungry, as I have not got my idea card yet which is used to buy food in the canteen.

Evening guys.

ALLAN
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon, nesters! :l

Huge Congrats on 7 days, Mom! :goodjob:

Great job on Day 1 at work Allan Ironman! They don’t know what a great new hire they have yet. Go EAT!

Just looking back through the posts from this morning and Daisy, Iama and Pinecone- I am a firm believer in signs too, and Daisy- that one has your name "painted" all over it. You have been commissioned to do a great and wonderful job and you can NOT do it while spending so much time and energy worrying over alcohol. Just think how much fun you are going to have painting that scenery and what a sense of pride and accomplishment you will get from looking at it once you are finished with it. One month with no drinking at all. That means you WILL make it through the Thanksgiving holidays and have 30 (pain-free) days under your belt in no time at all. Hope these words won’t be hurtful, but your backdrop will look MUCH better if you are sober while you are painting it. Don’t ya think??? And anyway, Nurdle and I will have our eyes on you at all times. You don’t want us to have to take that paint brush away and take over your job! I’m not sure about Nurdle, but an artists, I am NOT!

Oh Nurdle, :l I am so sorry about your living conditions! I pray that you and your community get some comfort soon! Oh and btw- I LOVE tonic and lime- and it does not cause me to want to drink again at all.

ATSO- I also drink tons and tons of water and am beginning to see an improvement in my overall health and appearance just from doing that- keep it up, you won’t be sorry!

Dottie- :lThinking of you and hoping your day with dear dad is going as well as it can. Be strong my friend!

Nanette- If you like charts- there is a thread somewhere under the General Discussion Section- called the Drink Tracker. You can actually mark off the days of the month with a “0” (that’s a zero) for the number of drinks you have had each day and you can color the little blocks in (yellow) for abstinence. I have done this before and can help you get started if you want to do it and if these instructions are faulty.

Pinecone- Interesting about your “peaceful feeling” kicking in around day 36 or so. I think that is happening to me to. Byrdie also posted about the stages we all go through (last week) and after anger (I think) comes acceptance and peace. I am hoping I am there!

I posted around 30 days that for some reason during this quit I have been able to quickly abandon any thought of AL that creeps into my mind-I really did not understand how I have been capable of this since I have suffered from terrible mind wars for years, but Lav, what you posted earlier today made me think- Maybe, just maybe, I have finally truly accepted the truth about myself and taken the option of drinking completely off the table. In my rational mind, I have known this for years, maybe that irrational AL brain has finally gotten the message

Hello to RC, Alco, Lolab, Byrdie, Cat, Fin. Kuya and any others who wander by today! Keep up the good work!
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Allan! Glad you had a good first day. You must feel relieved to have jumped that hurdle.
                              ~nurdl
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Star! You've had an "ah-ha" moment. Another brick in place on the AF path. Well done.
                                Daisy - as Star said... We've got your back. Now get painting and let us know how it goes. We are your :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:kudos:
                                ~n

Comment

Working...
                                X