• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MORNING GUYS!

:goodjob:
    :wd:
    Well ... I DID IT! You may (or not!) recall that last night I survied on 2 lime & sodas and then put the kettle on but did wonder whether I'd be able to say NO if my hubbie wanted a glass of wine when he got in at 9.pm. Anyway, he'd phoned to ask me to .... put the kettle on so I had more tea and I actually PATTED MYSELF ON THE BACK!

So, WALLY & LIMEA - tea seems to be doing the trick in the evening! Must google masala chai - sounds a little too cosmopolitan - don't think that's stocked alongside the Tetley's on our supermarket shelves! Must google the i-glutamine though, that sounds like it's worth looking into.

UPNORTHGIRL - god, ditto re the empty bottle! In fact I was contemplating buying a duplicate bottle of vodka this morning when I go to Sainsburys but I may resist the temptation ..... well done you, though, last night! God, you do feel so good don't you?! What about tonight though?! Not sure if I can ever do a Friday night with no wine! Let me know how it goes.

DOINGMYBEST - how's it going with the topa? I'm still considering supps - am looking for the magic pill of being able to just have 2 or 3 drinks and be satisfied. Is it working on that basis? Let me know!

NEUROGENIC - thanks for the support - yep, been to Rome and can vouch that it couldn't have been built in a day! Will try and I tell you what, I was SO proud of myself last night and this morning when I woke up - and got on the scales! It's amazing how much weight wine can put on you.

Well guys, you have a great day when you rise. Am in flight for the morning but will return to the nest later to check in and have a tweet-a-tweet.

ps - from NEVER doing forums before (and actually thought they were for quite saddos) - can't believe how much I look forward to logging on and looking at everybody's words of support and giving whatever I can back ...:l to you all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, fellow nesters!

checking in on Friday morning, stretching my little wings and ready to take flight for a great day. The plan is to keep busy all weekend so I don't crave AL, the bastard.

Tonight, dinner and movie with hubby--any suggestions?
      Saturday morning--breakfast with my daughter
      Saturday afternoon--volunteering at the soup kitchen
      Saturday night--dinner and dancing with friends--I picked non-drinking friends and plan to dance every dance
      Sunday-church in the morning
      Sunday afternoon--must do homework for my grad classes
      Sunday night--family over for dinner

WHEW! I will let you know how it goes.

Take care and big hugs to all!:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chomp, chomp, slurp. Chomp, chomp. Burpl "'Escuse me," Slurp, chomp. Neuro, I like EVERYTHING. But, what's your specialty? Chomp, Gulp. Sorry about talking with my mouth full!
        How about I bake you a banana cake with pecans and chocolate chips?
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill - yall are killing me!!! These references to food are out of CONTROL! Right along with my sweet tooth!! I have never liked sweets, but now...Minty fudge brownies, 100 calorie snack pack bars, "fun size" candy bars...I'm still down 7 lbs., but holding steady, is it any wonder? Aaaagggh! If it is not one thing........banana cake w/ pecans and chocolate chips, that still has fruit, right???....oh man.

Cat
          Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
          -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning all you nesters,
            I looked outside this morning and there is still snow on the ground but the sun is shining (hi sunshine!) so it's still a very good day.
            neurogenic-it looks like you're really getting yourself set for the big BBQ. Getting the right mind set and getting determind. Well be waiting here in the nest for all those leftovers! ha!

photogirl-:goodjob: I knew you were having a tough time last night. I drink "wild berry zinger" tea with honey. caffeine free or i would never sleep. keep up the good work.

upnorthgirl-wow! you really seem to have set up a good plan for the week-end. Those were the kinds of things i stopped doing while i was drinking. let me know what movie you went to (and if it's any good)

Dill-I hate to say it but you sound like my hubby when he's eating. :lol3:

Catbird-I was hoping i could lose weight when i stopped drinking but i am hungry all the time. And it doesn't help with all the food floating around the nest!

Hope every one has a good day!
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Banana cake with pecans and chocolate chips.... nearly health food, I'd say! :H

Good morning nestlings!

Photogirl.. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Proud of you! And, you know.. Friday night really is no different from any other night... no reason you cannot enjoy a cup of tea tonight!

Upnorth, honey... I'm tired just reading your schedule *yawn* I think I'll tuck myself under my branch some more :H

Cat and dill... I've always LIKED to munch, but seldom did. Now, I seem to eat all day. Every day. Somebody has a signature that says "We're gonna need a bigger boat"... I think, that's a reference to me :H

Anyways, ducklings... I'll probably be out of the house for most of the weekend, a trail ride planned for tomorrow and a concert tomorrow night... and I'll probably help out at the stable on Sunday - my new Sunday activity. So, I won't be around much, but thinking of you all and wishing you a wonderful AF weekend!

Renewal, hun... how are you feeling today? Good luck with the 16 hour shift!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post.... Good morning lilmea!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine,
                  have you got padded jeans to wear on your week-end at the stables? My butt hurts just thinking about it. lol have a great week end
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Gang
                    I have been under the weather myself, but am determined to get out of this house today while it is in the balmy 30's. Temps are plummeting tomorrow, so will wrapped in my New England Patriot's blanket whilst in the nest. Have a very busy day with my Sis tomorrow and she doesn't drink, so that is kewl. Sunday? Not so sure what I'll be doing, but I will try to make a landing here each day. I need all this food talk as I am down 20lbs and barely eat enough to keep a bird alive.lol. How u are feeling better Renewal. I am going for some tests next week. GI problems. Will not drown my liver today.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdie gang. Just a quick flight in to see how everybody is. Thanks SUNSHINE and LILMEA for your support - yes, last night was difficult but my worst witching hour is between 6 and 7. After that I'm normally OK. God, if only I could go straight onto middle-eastern time now and I'd be past that now (it would be 9.05 pm by now). Maybe I should just alter my watch to different time zones across the world and that may help! UPNORTHGIRL - you have a good weekend - sounds as if you'll be SO busy you won't even think about having a quick snifter (well, hopefully anyway!). You, too, SUNSHINE, have a good weekend and good luck to one and all for AF all round. Just hope I can take heed of my own advice .... my witching hour is approaching!
                      Will check with you all on Monday :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;526653 wrote: You are NOT alone, Moofarmer!

And, you can do it - no doubt. If you have to, take it one hour at a time. 30 minutes. But you CAN do it. I wish you oodles of strength and the success you seek!
                        :thanks: I'm getting stronger everyday

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hi there all......well, left work early today....8 hrs early.....worked the 1st 8, but felt increasingly worse as the shift progressed......need to do 16 hrs tomorrow, so gotta do something. Just gonna 'rest in the nest'...and hopefully try again tomorrow. Have a good night all.....I'll touch base more on Sunday, if not before.......
                          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF everyone, I have now been on topa 48 hours and just had a strange thing happen. Went out with my hubby for an after work beer and it tasted awful. I didn't expect that to happen that fast. Wine still tastes ok however, I am not dying to have it like I was 2 days ago. Is this all in my head? Do you really think that stuff can go to work that fast?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wally, you took the words right outta my beak!!!!!

I think renewal needs to hunker down in the nest with his pink robe and fuzzy slippers! That ought to get him back on his feets! :H

Seriously, hope you'll feel better tomorrow, luv!

Comment

Newbies Nest

just checking to see if this shows up.
                                new as of 20 minutes ago.
                                posted about me but can't find it.
                                it's not you..it's me, lol.
                                hugs,
                                Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X