Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 4

Just put my kids to bed and feeling like a wreck. I wasn?t expecting this. My emotions are all over the place and my poor children have had to put up with moody rollercoaster mother all afternoon. Really fighting this. I didn?t expect it to be so hard so soon. Came on here and saw your words Byrdlady, just have to get to the end of this day.
    :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9--that's just amazing!

Benoit: hang in there. You can do it one hour at a time.
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bennii;1406886 wrote: Just put my kids to bed and feeling like a wreck. I wasn?t expecting this. My emotions are all over the place and my poor children have had to put up with moody rollercoaster mother all afternoon. Really fighting this. I didn?t expect it to be so hard so soon. Came on here and saw your words Byrdlady, just have to get to the end of this day.
        Days 3-5 the worst Bennii ......... Hang in there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, I?m like a sponge for words of wisdom these days. I should sleep as I?m tired ? even if it is only 9pm, a good way to get to day 5. Thanks
          :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!
            Checking in on day 5! With the help of all the good advice I've read here, it's been relatively painless. Whenever I have an issue, I can recall something i've read. Sooo tired though.Not sleeping well, but then I know to expect this. On phone, so hard to type. Going back to reading, but wanted to check in!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Benni and Next...you are doing great. Your emotions will be all over the place for a bit yet....one minute thinking you've got the hang of things and the next, plotting your next drinking bender. The first 2 weeks I just felt as if I were coming down with the flu...tired, cranky and just achy.. it took about as long for those awful cravings to subside. By Day 13, I was doing substantially better. D13 was a turning point for me, and I find for many nesters. This is the day that I really thought I could make it stick. Things didn't seem impossible anymore...and the funk I was in began to lift.
              I hope you are as proud of yourselves as I am! Well done! I gotta get back in the prize closet, we have another major award going out tomorrow! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bennii - sounds familiar! I do remember climbing into bed e-a-r-l-y just so I could call it a day...then once I started sleeping ok - I climbed in early - just cause it felt so dang good!

thanks for the check in next...

You guys are doing so good!

I may have to go after a homesick kid later this evening....so glad I don't have to worry about having had drinks already...
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 51 in the Big Sober House

Day 51. 10pm. The housemates are all in the living room chatting. It's been pretty busy of late, with a number of new newbies arriving at the house. Byrdie, Lav and Lola have been laying out the hay for them. Or setting the straw. Not entirely sure what the difference between hay and straw is, but hey, it's not as if anyone has drawn the short straw here. :H

Meanwhile, outside in the garden, Stella (CHOOK) is trying to believe what she is seeing.

STELLA (CHOOK): Maxie - you see this?

MAXIE: What?

STELLA (CHOOK): This thingumy here. C'mere. Look.

Maxie sauters over

STELLA (CHOOK): Hurry up would ya?!

Maxie ignores Stella Chooks demands and continues to saunter... Finally arriving by Stella Chook.

MAXIE: It's a flower.

STELLA (CHOOK): I can see that.

MAXIE: Are you telling me I sauntered all the way over here from all the way over there just so you could show me a FLOWER?

STELLA (CHOOK): Eh, yeah?

MAXIE: Good grief.

STELLA (CHOOK):Yeah, but look Maxie. I saw this flower last night, right?

MAXIE: (feigning interest) (eyes rolling kinda thing) If you say so.

STELLA (CHOOK): And now look.

STELLA (CHOOK): It. Has. Grown.

MAXIE: Well whoopy feckin doodoo Stella.

STELLA (CHOOK): Watch yer language, Lav's on the prowl.

MAXIE: So. It has grown.

STELLA (CHOOK): Well, don;t you think that's odd?

MAXIE: No, not really.

STELLA (CHOOK): Suspicious?

MAXIE: Hardly.

STELLA (CHOOK): I mean, you don;t think...

STELLA (CHOOK): Well... there was that story about a plant that... ahem...

STELLA (FLOWER): Suddenly Stella,
                  Is standing beside you
                  You don't need no makeup
                  Don't have to pretend
                  Suddenly Stella
                  Is here to provide you
                  Sweet understanding
                  Stella's your friend...

STELLA (CHOOK): You speakin to me?

MAXIE: Me? No.

STELLA (CHOOK): You no speakin to me?

MAXIE: Yeah sure I was but -

STELLA (CHOOK): So, you were speakin to me?

STELLA (FLOWER): No, I
                  was speaking to you Stella. My Stella, standing beside me.

STELLA (CHOOK): Aw no. Maxie, you hear that?

MAXIE: Sure I do. You're speakin to me.

STELLA (CHOOK): No, no, the other voice - the one saying i'm speaking to you.

MAXIE: But you ARE saying you're speaking to me.

STELLA (CHOOK): But it's not me. It's the voice in my head.

MAXIE: Well, then i can hear that loud and clear too.

STELLA (CHOOK): YOU CAN?!

MAXIE: Stella, I'm leaving you. You Crazy, you know that? You crazy man.

STELLA (CHOOK): I'm a chicken, not a man.

Maxie saunters (slowly) off

STELLA (FLOWER): (seductively)
                  So hello there Stella, how are you...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh that Stella is quite a little trickster. She does like to mess with Stella (Chook's) head!
                    AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H :H RC!!!!
                      You really know Maxie quite well. Nothing holds her interest long unless there is food involved
                      Stella could literally be frantic & standing on her head but Maxie just keep sauntering......

Nanette, that reminds me - I need to get my plant started too!

Bennii, hope you are resting comfortably by now. This journey does get easier ~ just stay on plan.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC...Stella (the Flower) is quite the poet! You are just nuts!!! Thanks for the laugh form the Big Sober House! You are racking up some huge numbers these days!!! Very proud of you!
                        Stay strong tonight, nesters, no madda how the election shakes out!!! Nothing is worth giving up your quit! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am cold a lot and still tired. is this normal for 37 days??
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sure it is Dottie
                            It's just plain cold outside, I'm feeling it too. The tiredness will go, just be good to yourself. Take good vitamin supplements, eat well, get as much sleep as you can.

Sitting here watching election results ~ ho hum.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

waiting for Virginia and Florida.....

ull
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So I have a story for you to keep you entertained until your new president is announced.

I went to my 2nd AA meeting today. I was told in front of everyone that I looked too Happy and Healthy to be Day 5 sober. Thank you????

So: Alcohol voice says, "Hey maybe you aren't an alcoholic after all. Maybe you just need to try to drink less and stop worrying about it as much as you do." Well I did wonder...Then when I got home I remembered that I would not water Stella with poison so why would it be ok for me to water myself with poison. Thank you Stella.

I also went back and did a workout at Curves today. It was slow going but I hope I can get back to it. I also have been eating three meals a day and healthy meals. I used to not eat.

Well day 5 down. I am glad I found this site because it gives me a place to record my thoughts without being judged.
                                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X